Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

On 5/31/2021 at 8:28 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Anybody "triggered" by a flamboyantly gay man is not very secure in their masculinity.

They are one step away from being "triggered" by a Southern dandy who has never been married, never been seen with a woman, and who is currently sitting on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Now that the name is free, I think Lindsey should insist on being called Lady Antebellum. Or maybe Ladybug Antebellum

On 6/20/2021 at 6:26 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

3ca3e64d65ff3863300c4dceda60d217.jpg

I see they are getting their history from ol' Bol, the cook at Lonesome Dove. When Pea Eye has a better grasp on history than you do...Jesus. 

3ca3e64d65ff3863300c4dceda60d217.jpg
I see they are getting their history from ol' Bol, the cook at Lonesome Dove. When Pea Eye has a better grasp on history than you do...Jesus. 
Spoiler alert/

Old Pea Eye ends up with Lorena. So I wouldn't sleep on his insight into history or play in the long game...
  • Hook 'Em 2

Way to jab me for not having that many friends in high school and college.
Trust me, if I could have turned those Devine/Bigfoot ranch weekends into a shindig of idiocy attended by thousands, especially including girls, who may have made poor life choices......yeah, that shit woulda happened.  [mention=4008]Cajun[/mention] knows what I'm talking about.
I would have been lucky to have 4. I thought I was making you popular.

17 hours ago, Da Fino said:

I never realized that Mumford and Sons even had a banjo player in the band. 

Not sure if my sarcasm meter is broken or if you've somehow miraculously avoided hearing any Mumford and Sons songs the past 10 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The nice thing is that a lot of these dumbasses can't help outting themselves.

The not-so-nice thing is that their views are becoming mainstream among the right.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Rage+1 1

47 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

The not-so-nice thing is that their views are becoming mainstream among the right.

Seven GOP senators voted to convict the former President (Impeachment: The Sequel). Ten GOP Congresspersons voted to impeach the former President. That leaves a lot of people in office who are supportive of those views or are afraid to object to those views or both. That is the GOP and they are not going away. Not with the weaponized voters, not with the donor dollars, and certainly not with the embedded groups throughout the country. They have state legislatures, governors, local councilpersons, school boards at both the state and local level, election officials, judges, sheriff and other law enforcement support in some degree or fashion. The loyalty tests that are appearing will resume full force this fall when schools open. It's going to be one outrage after another because 2022 is coming up faster than the Buccee's sign at 75 mph.

21 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Seven GOP senators voted to convict the former President (Impeachment: The Sequel). Ten GOP Congresspersons voted to impeach the former President. That leaves a lot of people in office who are supportive of those views or are afraid to object to those views or both. That is the GOP and they are not going away. 

They are afraid.  Trumpkins were not enough in 2020 to give them majority in either chamber of Congress, or to win the White House, but Trumpkins are enough to primary a sitting Republican, given the low turnouts during primaries.

Trump cost the GOP the House, the Senate, and the White House.  There's no way that a bunch of Senators and Reps are sitting around going "OH WOW I LOVE WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE FOR THE GOP, HE COST US CONTROL OF CONGRESS AND THE WHITE HOUSE IN JUST TWO YEARS, AND HE IS DRIVING UP DEMOCRATIC TURNOUT AT THE POLLS THAT IS SO AWESOME, WE ARE MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Fear and desperation lead to some dangerous times.

The GOP's biggest asset right now is Trump.

The GOP's biggest problem right now is Trump.

They really do have a tiger by the tail, and no way of letting go without it ripping out their throat in the process.

• Like 1

The GOP's biggest asset right now is Trump.
The GOP's biggest problem right now is Trump.
They really do have a tiger by the tail, and no way of letting go without it ripping out their throat in the process.

So, their choice will be “make sure it kills everyone else instead of the GOP.” That’s the plan here.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Right now their priority is to destroy every Republican that Dear Leader doesn't like.

If you want an army that will do evil, fanatical things, the first thing you have to do is purge the army of anyone who might balk at doing evil, fanatical things.  It's right there in the fascist/authoritarian playbook.  They run the "purity test purge" play almost as often as Greg Davis throws a 3 yard out pattern on 3rd and 10.

If you want an army that will do evil, fanatical things, the first thing you have to do is purge the army of anyone who might balk at doing evil, fanatical things.  It's right there in the fascist/authoritarian playbook.  They run the "purity test purge" play almost as often as Greg Davis throws a 3 yard out pattern on 3rd and 10.
GD GD

Too soon man
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You assume there is a playbook with him.

This is not some kind of long-term plan by Trump.  

This is a 7 year-old lashing out at people that slighted him after he was publicly humiliated in his losses, and said 7 year-old also sees the GOP as a money-making machine, and the GOP is too scared to tell him to knock it off.

He wants to be the gatekeeper of donations to the GOP not because he has some kind of fascist/authoritarian playbook he's looking at, but because he wants that money to end up in the Trump organization's coffers. 

He presents the GOP with two problems:  

• He cost them the House, the Senate, and the White House, even as other Republicans on the same ballot outperformed Trump.
  • He believes he should be the gatekeeper of the GOP's moneymaking machine. He's already siphoned off hundreds of millions of dollars in donations that might have went to the GOP's coffers. Even if it was only half that amount (say half those donations came from people who would not have donated to the GOP, but donated because of Trump), it's going to have an impact going forward.

If too many Republicans speak out against Trump, he will lose power within Republican circles, and that could impact his money-making opportunities with the GOP.

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You assume there is a playbook with him.

This is not some kind of long-term plan by Trump.  

This is a 7 year-old lashing out at people that slighted him after he was publicly humiliated in his losses, and said 7 year-old also sees the GOP as a money-making machine, and the GOP is too scared to tell him to knock it off.

He wants to be the gatekeeper of donations to the GOP not because he has some kind of fascist/authoritarian playbook he's looking at, but because he wants that money to end up in the Trump organization's coffers. 

He presents the GOP with two problems:  

• He cost them the House, the Senate, and the White House, even as other Republicans on the same ballot outperformed Trump.
  • He believes he should be the gatekeeper of the GOP's moneymaking machine. He's already siphoned off hundreds of millions of dollars in donations that might have went to the GOP's coffers. Even if it was only half that amount (say half those donations came from people who would not have donated to the GOP, but donated because of Trump), it's going to have an impact going forward.

If too many Republicans speak out against Trump, he will lose power within Republican circles, and that could impact his money-making opportunities with the GOP.

Truymp isn't the mastermind.  He's a focal point for those with a still developing and malleable agenda called "get and hold onto power at all costs."  Trump is destroying all within his path.  They're just using the way he clears to make their way to that end goal.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Truymp isn't the mastermind.  He's a focal point for those with a still developing and malleable agenda called "get and hold onto power at all costs."  Trump is destroying all within his path.  They're just using the way he clears to make their way to that end goal.

He's forcing them to take stands that hurt them in the elections, and purging the party so that you end up with the likes of Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Madison Cawthorn is a losing strategy.  That group is making the GED and home school crowd look like fucking morons.

The bigger problem for them is that when he bails on politics/kicks the bucket, there will be a number of his followers that will go back to ignoring politics like they were doing in the past (the 12 million+ that showed up in 2020 that couldn't be bothered to vote against Hillary in 2016, or vote against Obama in 2008 and 2012).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's forcing them to take stands that hurt them in the elections, and purging the party so that you end up with the likes of Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Madison Cawthorn is a losing strategy.  That group is making the GED and home school crowd look like fucking morons.

Point: he is putting the GQP in a position where it's going to be tougher to win elections.

AGREED.  I have never disagreed with you.

Counterpoint: that's not good news.  Because it means that in order to achieve their only goal of taking and holding power (it's literally their only goal, they don't have a platform), they have to make elections beside the point.  

This is our concern, dude.  The more that the GQP becomes an electorally non-viable party, the more they will do to win by other means.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: that's not good news.  Because it means that in order to achieve their only goal of taking and holding power (it's literally their only goal, they don't have a platform), they have to make elections beside the point.  

This is our concern, dude.  The more that the GQP becomes an electorally non-viable party, the more they will do to win by other means.

2020 was their Super Bowl.  The courts were loaded with plenty of Trump appointees, and plenty of Trump-loving legislatures, governors, secretaries of state, etc. were in a position to try and reverse the election and the electoral votes.

Hell, Donald J. Trump was urging them to overturn the elections.  Throw out votes.  Find votes.

What happened?  They ultimately signed off on the EVs and Trump lost over 80 fucking lawsuits.

With 2020, the GOP laid their cards on the table for everybody to see and it was a pathetic hand.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

2020 was their Super Bowl.  The courts were loaded with plenty of Trump appointees, and plenty of Trump-loving legislatures, governors, secretaries of state, etc. were in a position to try and reverse the election and the electoral votes.

Hell, Donald J. Trump was urging them to overturn the elections.  Throw out votes.  Find votes.

What happened?  They ultimately signed off on the EVs and Trump lost over 80 fucking lawsuits.

With 2020, the GOP laid their cards on the table for everybody to see and it was a pathetic hand.

Right and losing that super bowl is pushing them even further into crazy land.  Brisket may be wrong, but it's a huge fucking risk to not act like he's probably right.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

and yet, the overwhelming majority of GOP voters and the GOP writ large think that they had the nuts, when it's clear that they're nuts. This disconnect from reality along with the concerted effort to undermine our democratic system is what fuel their demolition of representative government. 

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is a difference between optimistic and pragmatic.

You're pretty blindly optimistic to not think that the GOP isn't going to start ignoring voters and appointing winners as soon as they have control of the legislative body.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is a difference between optimistic and pragmatic.

Look man, it's nothing personal, but when they're shooting bullets at me I'm really not going to be happy if I've got to hear you shouting over the gunfire that the GOP is doomed in the next election.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

and yet, the overwhelming majority of GOP voters and the GOP writ large think that they had the nuts, when it's clear that they're nuts. This disconnect from reality along with the concerted effort to undermine our democratic system is what fuel their demolition of representative government. 

You're pretty blindly optimistic to not think that the GOP isn't going to start ignoring voters and appointing winners as soon as they have control of the legislative body.

They had control of state legislatures and various state officials in 2020 that could have tried it to fuck around with the elections and given them to Trump, all the while Trump was publicly urging them to do so and providing cover for them. 

They knew that if they signed off on the elections, that Biden was going to win the WH, the Dems were going to win control of the Senate and keep the House.

This wasn't some kind of hypothetical situation last November.  They controlled those state legislatures.  Trump publicly and privately urged them to steal the election.

And they still chose to sign off on the elections.

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Right and losing that super bowl is pushing them even further into crazy land.  Brisket may be wrong, but it's a huge fucking risk to not act like he's probably right.

This.  This is all I'm saying.

The thing at risk is really, really, really big.  So, any material level of risk is too high, and has to be fought against with vigor.

If there's a risk that you'll slap me, I'm not gonna kill myself with effort trying to avoid it.

If there's a risk that you'll shoot me, I'm gonna take some significant measures to avoid that.

There is enough of a risk here of something big (functionally, the end of the Republic) that we need to act with that risk in mind.

And again, I very much home that atomheart is right, that they blew their wad, and that their dalliance with fascist authoritarianism will die on the vine.  The odds are that he IS right (that is, there's a greater than 50% chance that he's right).  But goddammit, the fact that there's ANY chance that he's wrong.....that's utterly fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They had control of state legislatures and various state officials in 2020 that could have tried it to fuck around with the elections and given them to Trump, all the while Trump was publicly urging them to do so and providing cover for them. 

They knew that if they signed off on the elections, that Biden was going to win the WH, the Dems were going to win control of the Senate and keep the House.

This wasn't some kind of hypothetical situation last November.  They controlled those state legislatures.  Trump publicly and privately urged them to steal the election.

"They" wasn't the GOP. "They" was like a dozen barely known to completely unknown Republican party officials who got cold feet when the prospect of enabling a literal coup became real. The ones who haven't already been replaced will be replaced by 2024.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm talking at the federal level - the state officials aren't really able to fuck with the fed system writ large. But if the Q caucus gets a hold of the house and has enough hooks in the senate to gum up the works during vote certification, or even worse, to decline to certify the results and then appoint their own electors or winner?

That's literally their stated objective. And when a federal GOP leader tried to say otherwise that their goals of "stopping the steal" to "save america" were fallacious, they censured her and voted her out of leadership.

The fascists have already told us what they're going to do. History tells us we should take them seriously rather than being a pollyanna about it 

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The fascists have already told us what they're going to do. History tells us we should take them seriously rather than being a pollyanna about it 

This.

When your enemy boldly tells you exactly what they plan to do, maybe you should kinda sort work out a game plan to deal with that threat.

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm talking at the federal level - the state officials aren't really able to fuck with the fed system writ large. But if the Q caucus gets a hold of the house and has enough hooks in the senate to gum up the works during vote certification, or even worse, to decline to certify the results and then appoint their own electors or winner?

I would consider the ability to fuck with the elections to encompass fucking with the federal system, and those state legislatures and state officials could have certainly tried.  What if Georgia's SoS fucked around?  What if Pennsylvania's legislature during their caucus meeting back at the end of November went through with threats being made by some members?  

What if they convinced Tom Wolf and Kathy Boockvar to change their certification of Biden's win?  That's fucking around with the federal system.

Q is in decline.  Shit, the guy behind it told them to chill out, respect the Constitution, and to just remember the friends they made.

2024 is some time off, and Trump ain't running again, and nobody on the right is going to crack 70 million voters then.  Trump got those people crazy in a way that no other Republican was able to, and he pulled people out of the woodwork that normally don't vote.

Yes, we have been here before.  This is a pretty good documentary on how this stuff keeps ebbing and flowing.  And to listen to this guy, it's all part of the process of building our country.  When I saw he was part of the Bush WH, I nearly shut it off.  But it was worth the watch.  

There are people out there who are aware, the issue is are there enough believing it's happening again and finding ways to turn it around?

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What if Georgia's SoS fucked around?

Not a great example for you, given that the Georgia SoS did fuck around with his own gubernatorial election to ensure that Abrams would not win.

Q is in decline.  Shit, the guy behind it told them to chill out, respect the Constitution, and to just remember the friends they made.

I can share the same study with you that I did with fattyflattie that shows that as of March 2021, 15% of all americans still actively believe in Q.

2024 is some time off, and Trump ain't running again, and nobody on the right is going to crack 70 million voters then.  Trump got those people crazy in a way that no other Republican was able to, and he pulled people out of the woodwork that normally don't vote.

Man, I'd love to hear your opinions of Weimar Germany's handling of that dastard that tried to take over the government by force with an armed mob. I'd bet he never comes back in a couple of election cycles to subvert their democratic system and seize totalitarian dictatorial power.

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not a great example for you, given that the Georgia SoS did fuck around with his own gubernatorial election to ensure that Abrams would not win.

I can share the same study with you that I did with fattyflattie that shows that as of March 2021, 15% of all americans still actively believe in Q.

I was talking about the federal elections, but I could argue that the fucking around with Abrams led to Georgia's Senate seats flipping.  Truly a finding out moment.  They fucked around, and the people responded.  And now Abrams is gunning for him again, and it will be much harder for the Republicans to overcome those numbers without making it harder to vote for their own folks.

They can still believe in Q, but Q (the Watkins father/son duo) is done with them, and Trump left office with no mass arrests and executions, and that took a helluva lot of wind out of the qanon sails. Q kept promising and promising that Trump was going to round up the enemies and execute them, and nothing happened.  Kind of like aggy football every time they hire a new coach.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was talking about the federal elections, but I could argue that the fucking around with Abrams led to Georgia's Senate seats flipping.  Truly a finding out moment.  They fucked around, and the people responded.  And now Abrams is gunning for him again, and it will be much harder for the Republicans to overcome those numbers without making it harder to vote for their own folks.

And you're completely ignoring the sweeping voter suppression laws that just got passed in GA, under the signature of Kemp. Which is going to make a future democratic sweeping victory much more difficult.

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They can still believe in Q, but Q (the Watkins father/son duo) is done with them, and Trump left office with no mass arrests and executions, and that took a helluva lot of wind out of the qanon sails. Q kept promising and promising that Trump was going to round up the enemies and execute them, and nothing happened.  Kind of like aggy football every time they hire a new coach.

Chemotherapy takes a hell of a lot out of cancer's sails. But unless you excise and remove every last remnant of it, it will only ever grow back more insidiously and harder to kill.

31 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Man, I'd love to hear your opinions of Weimar Germany's handling of that dastard that tried to take over the government by force with an armed mob. I'd bet he never comes back in a couple of election cycles to subvert their democratic system and seize totalitarian dictatorial power.

That mob of brownshirts was committed, and Hitler wanted power and control over Europe and to use that to destroy the Communist and Jews.

Trump ultimately wants money.  

The Republican "mob" is not committed.  @aggie08 put it better than I did:

"A sizeable number of people that own a shit ton of guns think that a presidential election was stolen from Their President, the current sitting President is a pawn for China and his radical left puppet masters, anybody who speaks out against the liberal agenda is cancelled by mainstream and social media, and their brave brothers in arms on Jan 6 are being incarcerated for daring to try to stop the the insertion of a tyrannical government. If you truly believe those things to be true, what could be a bigger call to action?? Yet, all we have is more faux outrage and internet diatribes.

So, they're either A) Gigantic gaping pussies, or B) Have a nagging sensation in their brains that this is all just performance art, and their anger is being manipulated, so best to just observe and yell from the sidelines."

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy