2018 Football Season Game Prediction Contest Game 8 - Oklahoma State

Huckleberry

I heard on the radio the other day that OSU ranks among the best in the nation in generating both sacks and negative plays on defense. They've obviously been prone to lapses/ big plays though.

Texas isn't particularly explosive on offense and the OL has not shown it can be leaned on to consistently control the LOS, which it will need to if Texas is to be successful. Ehlinger being a go gives me some confidence that Texas can manufacture some yards but he'll be on a pitch count when it comes to running the ball I'd imagine. I also would like to see some of the tunnel screen game that was deployed against OU and Baylor against this OSU defense that is so aggressive and blitz happy.

You can't consistently end up behind the chains on the road but there's a decent chance that happens here. That is what leads to dumb, desperate turnovers that give games away. Could be tough sledding on O.

OSU has their own issues on offense. They haven't been able to make opponents pay for selling out to stop Justice Hill. OSU OL is not as good as it has been in years past, so I expect Texas to be able to get a reasonable handle on the run game without loading the box on a regular basis. OSU has demonstrated big play potential but also has a habit of turning the ball over.

Ultimately I think this is an ugly, low scoring game. Sam's no-INT streak will come to an end, but Texas manufactures just enough offense to get it done. OSU has the ball at the end with a chance to win but can't.

Texas 24

OSU 21

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk