Oh well. We have overachieved so far this season

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

2 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

I’ll never understand the onside kick call with 3 timeouts in our pocket

It didn’t matter though. Can’t stop them can’t win. I’d personally prefer two shots at the ball with the onsides kick, but you need stops.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

Obviously mad about the loss and not going to take any moral victories, but the 2nd half showed me Texas can still finish the season strong.

I think we're going to win the last three against Tech, ISU and Kansas.  The question is whether we can handle West Virginia.  Either way, that would be a successful season.

Replace Hager and Locke with underclassmen that are actually an improvement like we did with Malik and Boyd, and we fucking curb stomp everyone next year.

Edited by fellside

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

Will Grier scares the fuck out of me next week. If fucking Ryan tannehill looking mother fucker can victimize this defense all night what’s he gonna do

It never works that way with this team though. Shit never works logically like that.

I would of said we overachieved before the season if we went 6-2. Not now though. Now I’d say we should be 8-0. Too many mistakes tonight I lost count. The punt the penalties the drops the suspensions or whatever you want to call them... I need some more beer and a little something else to forget about it all. Playoffs next year or bust. Hook ‘em

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yep. Well...among many things.

But what an inexplicably boneheaded thing to do.

It was a terrible call. It was a clear false start. That caused the jump. 

But we had a chance a few plays later to get off the field on 4th down and let Wallace catch the TD in between Dumb And Dumber.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t give a fuck about our record, just that we make it to Arlington, and win the fucking conference. 

Fuck the CFP. We would’ve been ass raped had we been matched up with a Clemson or Bama. Play Florida or some shit in the Sugar Bowl, win in dramatic fashion, and set things up for 2019.

Edited by Blanton
Meant Sugar Bowl not Cotton
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

There might be 1 or 2 players on this team that would start on either of those two teams. 

Exactly. This is why I can't compare this season to those years. The talent is not even close. You knew there was something special brewing with those teams. I don't see it here. It is going to be a longer process.

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

i hate statements like this. have you looked at our schedule next year? 

I have. It's the same schedule we have every year. 1 tough OOC, 2 easier ones, and a tough Big 12 slate. My point was that we knew it was going to take at least 3 years to get us out of the shithole that Charlie got us in. We have seen an improvement this year over last year, and if that trend continues, we will be a playoff contender next year.

This game illustrates how critical an elite defensive and offensive line are in football. We couldn’t or wouldn’t run to exploit their pathetic run defense. We couldn’t fill gaps and pressure their pitiful qb. Our elite skill players carry this squad, but we’ll never run with the big dogs until we fix the lines.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Yep. It was fun while it lasted, but we all knew that this team is still a year away from being a playoff contender.

Yep. Plenty of mistakes and bone headed brain farts to clean up. And finally get rid of these seniors. Just keep fixing and improving and

for the love of God bench Hager.