Burgers

ftf82

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 9:35 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Anybody tried the burgers at Workhorse Bar on North Loop?  

How long has that been there?  I live relatively close by and drive past that area all the time, and frequent Foreign & Domestic and Drink Well.  I've never paid much attention to the vintage shops and other places on that funky strip off North Loop and Avenue F, so I easily could have been missing Workhorse for quite some time.  The beer and cocktail menu look pretty strong.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Answered my own question -- burgers were very good, fries were "eh".  Cool bar.

Echoing this, I think they have an underappreciated burger. 

26 minutes ago, South Austin said:

How long has that been there?  I live relatively close by and drive past that area all the time, and frequent Foreign & Domestic and Drink Well.  I've never paid much attention to the vintage shops and other places on that funky strip off North Loop and Avenue F, so I easily could have been missing Workhorse for quite some time.  The beer and cocktail menu look pretty strong.

At least 12 years; my wife and I had out first date at The Tigress and it was there then.  I like that both places are very much neighborhood joints and not loved to death. 

2nd-grader couldn't eat a whole Workhorse burger, so I ate the other half for lunch.

That's a DAMN good burger.  Thick, perfect medium rare plus, juicy, seasoned appropriately.  Combined with fries and select local pints for less than $14, well . . . new hangout for Mr. & Mrs. JJ.

4 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Echoing this, I think they have an underappreciated burger. 

At least 12 years; my wife and I had out first date at The Tigress and it was there then.  I like that both places are very much neighborhood joints and not loved to death. 

Tigress is my favorite cocktail bar in the city. Super friendly workers and guests too.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:21 PM, South Austin said:

Highly recommend Bill's Burger at Bill's Oyster of Third and Colorado.  I didn't take a picture because I was starving when it came to the table so I just scarfed it down without thinking to take a shot with my phone.  The burger meat is a combo of brisket and short rib.

Yeah I'll check it out once my inheritance check clears.