Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Well at least Baylor and Iowa have something in common.....

Neither of them know the fucking difference between yellow and gold.

Dumb fucks.

I'm not a huge fan of them but gold is technically a shade of yellow. 

That would be like saying that we don't know what the color orange looks like. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily uni related, but OSU announced "one logo" for all purposes. It essentially killed the bevels and the hideous too busy block O logo. I'm still not a fan necessarily of the font used, but this is by far my favorite of the non throwback logos we've been using.

New:

Logo

Old:

Related image

Related image

Edited by 'stache

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Not necessarily uni related, but OSU announced "one logo" for all purposes. It essentially killed the bevels and the hideous too busy block O logo. I'm still not a fan necessarily of the font used, but this is by far my favorite of the non throwback logos we've been using.

New:

Logo

Old:

Related image

Related image

Thank Christ. That beveled O with that STATE typography looked like an energy drink - it was really weird seeing it on academic stuff.

Tech, OSU and aggy all went to the "3-d"/beveled logo around the same time (Tech may have been first, but if so, it's a dubious achievement).   I've never heard any fan of those schools ever say it looks good or that it was an improvement.

Edited by Dirk X West

4 minutes ago, randygilman said:

I’m concerned Washington’s collaboration with Adidas is going to suck out loud, not that Nike has been doing them many favors in recent years

Yeah they've mixed in waaaay too much black. They have such great colors, they have zero need of that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

Tech, OSU and aggy all went to the "3-d"/beveled logo around the same time (Tech may have been first, but if so, it's a dubious achievement).   I've never heard any fan of those schools ever say it looks good or that it was an improvement.

I still have a "flat" double T cap from about 1991.  i hope I never lose that mofo.

I've always liked the 'traditional" double T the best.  Agreed on the Okie Lite one too.

WGAF about aggy?

Is the traditional full body Pistol Pete still in play as a helmet logo, rather than the blown up Pete head that wraps around half the helmet?

Yes, Pete ain’t going nowhere. Our football helmet mix and match is unlikely to end as long as Nike keeps making it rain.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

I still have a "flat" double T cap from about 1991.  i hope I never lose that mofo.

I've always liked the 'traditional" double T the best.  Agreed on the Okie Lite one too.

WGAF about aggy?

My dad's old Texas Technological College cap (as he always called it) is still hanging on, threadbare and weather worn. Had it since the 70s. My favorite memento of the old man. I took him to pretty much every Texas home game in the early 2000s, and I only ever heard him make two sounds as a fan: one was him laughing his ass off when Chris Simms torched aggy for a billion yards in the 3rd quarter once upon a time, and the other when he booed the hell out of a bad call that went against his Raiders and for my Horns.

I probably have a softer spot for Tech than any other Texas fan as a consequence. And that double-t cap ain't ever leaving my mantle.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My dad's old Texas Technological College cap (as he always called it) is still hanging on, threadbare and weather worn. Had it since the 70s. My favorite memento of the old man. I took him to pretty much every Texas home game in the early 2000s, and I only ever heard him make two sounds as a fan: one was him laughing his ass off when Chris Simms torched aggy for a billion yards in the 3rd quarter once upon a time, and the other when he booed the hell out of a bad call that went against his Raiders and for my Horns.

I probably have a softer spot for Tech than any other Texas fan as a consequence. And that double-t cap ain't ever leaving my mantle.

My laughing moments at a game mostly involve being at Pyle Field in 2006 and 2008.

Wife thought I was going to get my ass kicked.

For laughing?   LOlz.   That circus was beyond anything i ever imagined.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

My laughing moments at a game mostly involve being at Pyle Field in 2006 and 2008.

Wife thought I was going to get my ass kicked.

For laughing?   LOlz.   That circus was beyond anything i ever imagined.

I can imagine fights breaking out there... but I have a very hard time imagining aggy coming out on top in any of them. See: Liucci, Billy and "cold cocked by a guy in flip flops".

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I can imagine fights breaking out there... but I have a very hard time imagining aggy coming out on top in any of them. See: Liucci, Billy and "cold cocked by a guy in flip flops".

2006 was much fun.  TD pass happened at the other end, but I swear I was the first one standing and yelling, "He caught it!  he caught it!  Fuck yeah!!!"

Yeah.  It was quiet as fuck walking out of there.   Glorious.

Just now, slorch said:

2006 was much fun.  TD pass happened at the other end, but I swear I was the first one standing and yelling, "He caught it!  he caught it!  Fuck yeah!!!"

Yeah.  It was quiet as fuck walking out of there.   Glorious.

I lived about four blocks south of the stadium back then. I was watching with the windows down. Not joking, right after that play, a couple of frogs started croaking at each other, and it was the only sounds I heard outside for like 10 minutes.

I like their kind of party...

Not sure I can hang though.

All of my LSU friends....holy fuck.  They ain't playin...

Edited by slorch

New:
200px-Oklahoma_State_University_Athletics_logo.svg.png

Old:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZYt-FTwwAtJ37P1AGPrCIf0iOmxnIHH6MhdKO4pLR6ACElq6c
oklahoma-state-university-implen-nanophotometer-spectrophotometer-nanodrop-alternative.png
Just saw the video they put out to announce this and most of the comments were negative. One lady said the new logo was 'too plain'. People are idiots.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yes, Pete ain’t going nowhere. Our football helmet mix and match is unlikely to end as long as Nike keeps making it rain.

That's a shame. Not sure how OSU fans feel about it but the Pete and weird star logo both look awful IMO. That trimmed down OSU logo looks great though. And for the record, the Sanders era throwbacks y'all wore last year were amazing.

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

New:

Logo

Old:

Related image

Related image

Nice update!

Bevels are overused and really only look good on Tech's logo, IMO. But, y'all definitely need to keep this one. #GolfSchool

The Swinging Pete Shop

Edited by DFW Horn
Pistol Pete

6 minutes ago, LTbear said:

That's a shame. Not sure how OSU fans feel about it but the Pete and weird star logo both look awful IMO. That trimmed down OSU logo looks great though. And for the record, the Sanders era throwbacks y'all wore last year were amazing.

No doubt.

The story behind Oklahoma Stateâs Barry Sanders throwback ...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm in a similar spot. Both parents went to Tech, pops has always been a superfan. Went to a game every year in Lubbock growing up, went to camps there, etc. (I had a Tech baseball hat with the old "flat" logo). 

• Like 1

I agree that both of those do not belong on our helmets. If it was up to me we'd do white/orange/white at home with the brand on the helmet and that's it. I don't make the decisions though and I'm sure most wouldn't agree with me on that.

I do like the bucking bronco logo though.

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I like the I with the State going through it, but I just looked it up, and they feel victim to the bevel movement. How the ever living fuck did so many people agree that bevels look good in logos? They're all hideous.

People with no taste who think classic identities look "boring", who then can't understand why their stuff always looks dated after 10 years.

People with no taste who think classic identities look "boring", who then can't understand why their stuff always looks dated after 10 years.
Yep. As mentioned above...idiots think 'plain' is a bad thing when it comes to design. If you look at design that never goes out of style, it's nearly always 'plain'.

Reminds me of the city flag discussion that came up on another thread. The flags with too much detail always suck shit.

17 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Do y'all still use that newer cyclone logo you slapped on a helmet once upon a time? 

If you're talking about the bugle, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that shit.  Campbell used it once, and told our AD "never again".

DK18fT8WkAArGSH.0.jpg

However, we updated the tornado/bird a few years back and it's a major improvement from when I was in school.  I see it on gear occasionally, but is never used by a team in games.

bbad57beba8fd902d7b809d5a52fc6cb.gif

vs the following (from the 90's/00's)

Iowa_State_Cyclones_medium.gif

• Like 1