Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I like it. I am not sure I like it more than the blue ones with the same logo but, it is infinitely better than that shit they wear now.

I fucking hate the broncos but the d with the horse is so much better than that arena league looking shit they wear now.  I think the white looks really good. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I mean this was the worst kept secret ever but here it is officially:

Classless and unnecessary, but what else can we expect from the Adams Klan...

Fuck Bud and Amy Adams

Houston is big enough to support two teams. I don’t think Nash should have a team. Still kind of a small city. 

10 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I'm indifferent toward these.  I think blue and orange look great together but these are kind of meh to me. I think it's the shoulder stripes

They look like Syracuse.

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

And they are so nice they should, "stay back" and burn those awful uniforms they have for the past decade. That green is so much nicer.

Agreed on the look, but they’ve been wearing those current uniforms for much longer than a decade-it’s closing in on 30 years now (since 1996).

We’re getting old.

Edited by formermav43
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That's fuckin' ridiculous. Up here we have a high school, Belle Vernon, with a gold turf field, and it is dumb, too.

2ccwr0uzxuw71.jpg

You sure they didn't just forget to water the grass?

Edited by LTbear
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 7/28/2023 at 12:22 PM, Tomatillo said:

Ohio St wearing all grey vs Mich St this year. 

IMG_4826.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

IMG_4828.jpeg

I know, I know, the kids love alternate uniforms...

the-old-man-yelling-at-cloud--1560141714

I get it if a school like Purdue or Wisconsin feels the need to go to alternate uniforms, but it's stupid for an established top tier program. 

Texas, Alabama and Southern California have kept their dignity, although I was worried about Texas when they put the sparkly Longhorn on the side for a while. 

Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oklahoma should hang their heads in shame. Especially Oklahoma, cause their alternate cream helmet with the red stripe down the center makes them look like Nebraska. Course, they're Oklahoma, so they should hang their heads in shame, anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 7:11 AM, Underdog said:

Black turf for a school in Upstate NY

image.thumb.jpeg.488c53faea214c92e3104600da6872b1.jpeg

Games in Wichita Falls or virtually anywhere in Texas below the Caprock…in August/September.

#ColTroutman: have a good supply of body bags.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, Evil Bill Obrien said:

I mean this was the worst kept secret ever but here it is officially:

Classless and unnecessary, but what else can we expect from the Adams Klan...

Fuck Bud and Amy Adams

I wasn't even a Houston Oilers fan, but that's some bullshit.

Also, the weird oil smothering everything image is just weird. Reminds me of Sherwin-Williams and their logo of covering the entire planet in paint.

14 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

I get it if a school like Purdue or Wisconsin feels the need to go to alternate uniforms, but it's stupid for an established top tier program. 

Texas, Alabama and Southern California have kept their dignity, although I was worried about Texas when they put the sparkly Longhorn on the side for a while. 

Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oklahoma should hang their heads in shame. Especially Oklahoma, cause their alternate cream helmet with the red stripe down the center makes them look like Nebraska. Course, they're Oklahoma, so they should hang their heads in shame, anyway. 

LMUT7DYNTNHGBCYFRJO7WGT5JY.jpg

Alabama football team wore a special uniform featuring a houndstooth collar, as seen on wide receiver DJ Hall (left) and quarterback John Parker Wilson) above, during a home game against Ole Miss. (AL.com)

In 2006, the team wore a commemorative jersey in the game against Ole Miss to honor the 25th anniversary of Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant’s 315th win. The jersey also featured houndstooth trim around the collar. It marked the 11th time the Crimson Tide wore a commemorative jersey or helmet during a game.

LMUT7DYNTNHGBCYFRJO7WGT5JY.jpg

@66BUFF, that's a little different. It was a one time minor addition to honor a former coach, and they still looked like Alabama. I also think it was cool when several teams put pirate flags on their helmets to honor Mike Leach.

If they wear lime green cause "IT'S AUBURN WEEK!" I'll change my opinion on them. Not that they give a shit what I think one way or the other. 

Edited by Richard Kimball

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

You sure they didn't just forget to water the grass?

I wish that were the case, alas, it is the real fake turf field at Belle Vernon H.S.

34 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

@66BUFF, that's a little different. It was a one time minor addition to honor a former coach, and they still looked like Alabama. I also think it was cool when several teams put pirate flags on their helmets to honor Mike Leach.

If they wear lime green cause "IT'S AUBURN WEEK!" I'll change my opinion on them. Not that they give a shit what I think one way or the other. 

That made me laugh.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

IMO Ohio State handles the whole alternate uniform thing the best out of all the blue blood or pseudo-blue blood programs that wear alternates. The usually only wear a true alternate once a year, and then save the throwbacks for the playoffs or bowl game. While they've varied in quality, this all grey is probably one of their better ones. It's basically their usual helmet and pants paired with a grey jersey, which is a school color. It's not better than their usual uniforms but it's still solid.

BlowU is easily the worst of the group with the Rough Riders. Ugly as hell and I feel like they would wear them for like 1/3rd of the games each year, sometimes in big games like the conference championship. Glad they finally got rid of them last season, but the all-blacks they replaced them with aren't much better.

While I agree that any program with tradition should stay away from alternates as much as possible, Ohio State probably has the best blueprint for how to execute them successfully, while OU has one of the worst.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 1:24 PM, Richard Kimball said:

Agreed. 

I don’t think these are as bad as some others, however. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And they are so nice they should, "stay back" and burn those awful uniforms they have for the past decade. That green is so much nicer.

As much as I hate the Eagles, the Kelly green of the older days is so much better. As a youth, I still rooted for individual Philly players that had Texas ties, as long as they weren’t playing the Cowboys.

Hook’em!!!