Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Post Oak said:

TT has one of the best, sneaky good old school unis and it needs to go back to that.  the all white is nice.  The black with with grey pants is fantastic.  

don't get cute.  These are work clothes.

Praise God why can't our own motherfucking decision makes understand this?

Fuck red helmets. Fuck that milky Mylanta gray bullshit.  Throwback silver / gray pants are fine.

Edited by slorch

12 hours ago, Post Oak said:

TT has one of the best, sneaky good old school unis and it needs to go back to that.  the all white is nice.  The black with with grey pants is fantastic.  

don't get cute.  These are work clothes.

Tech actually can do lots of good uniforms. Either red or black jersey with white pants.  White jersey with black pants.    and either red helmets like the Spike Dykes era or white helmets.  Black double T on black helmet just doesn’t make sense.  

But the silly art school shit and the Oakland Raiders-starter-kit crap need to go.  

You can say pretty much the same thing about Okie Lite.

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Tech actually can do lots of good uniforms. Either red or black jersey with white pants.  White jersey with black pants.    and either red helmets like the Spike Dykes era or white helmets.  Black double T on black helmet just doesn’t make sense.  

But the silly art school shit and the Oakland Raiders-starter-kit crap need to go.  

You can say pretty much the same thing about Okie Lite.

I agree about Tech's options. I think black helmet/red jersey/white pants at home is a good look, as are black/black/gray (pre-Leach? Spike Dykes era?) and black/black/red. I don't personally like an all-black at home but I can see where they'd want to do that. On the road, black/white/white is their best look; black/white/black is also good.

I don't like any of their helmets besides black, and I don't like doubling up red (red jersey/red pants). The Lone Star stuff is the Aggiest thing they've ever done. Trying way too hard.

I like Tech's uniforms where the pants and jerseys match. The all-black and all-red uniforms are fantastic. Same with their red Lone Star pride jerseys.
The white jersey/black pants look is way too bland. So is grey with anything. 

No, all black and all red is high school crap. Unless it’s white you don’t wear same color jerseys and pants, they look like pajamas

3 minutes ago, randygilman said:

Is it consensus that Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas State have the best uniforms in the Big 12 or is it just me.

They're the most consistent and look good.  TCU, ISU, OSU, Tech, WVU, and even BU change a lot and have some really sharp looking unis and some really ugly stuff.  KU I assume does too, but who cares?

Edited by 'stache

19 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yup - all the Tech throwbacks are great. I really wish they'd ditch the "modern" ones with the awkward stripes on the jersey and the two-tone stripes on the pants. 

Literally pick any of the throwbacks they've rolled out the last few years - pick any of them and roll with those full-time. 

The fact that they keep screwing up something as basic as red stripes on black jerseys is so weird.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They're the most consistent and look good.  TCU, ISU, OSU, Tech, WVU, and even BU change a lot and have some really sharp looking unis and some really ugly stuff.  KU I assume does too, but who cares?

Baylor could have a really sharp set if they'd ditch their obsession with mixing grey and black in with their colors. Green and gold is a good classic color combo.

Baylor has some beautiful uniforms when they stay simple.  When they get weird, it goes to hell.  OK State is the same way.  I'm not sure why they decided to be the Oregon of the Plains, but their basic set ups and throwbacks often look great.

Favorite Baylor set up

Robert+Griffin+III+Texas+Tech+v+Baylor+9

Favorite OK States

usa_today_10501906.0.jpg

59a8d6290dd37.image.jpg?resize=1200,1340

Just ditch the weird patterns in the collar and shoulder stripes.

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

No, all black and all red is high school crap. Unless it’s white you don’t wear same color jerseys and pants, they look like pajamas

White jersey + coloured pants look far more high schoolish. Tech's all-black unis with the red shoulder striping fit their vibe perfectly. 

If there is a mismatch, the jersey should always be the half that's coloured (like our home unis).

9 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

has TCU ever worn anything throwbacks?

121682909.jpg

No. 

Don’t want to remind fans and recruits they were a garbage ass program for most of the 20th century (1935 national champs!).

Tech throwbacks are great and I really enjoyed their initial under Armour uniforms with bass boat finish helmets. 

21 hours ago, satyanash said:

White jersey + coloured pants look far more high schoolish. Tech's all-black unis with the red shoulder striping fit their vibe perfectly. 

If there is a mismatch, the jersey should always be the half that's coloured (like our home unis).

No. Look at how many NFL teams wear colored pants with white jerseys vs. how many wear a monochrome look (especially before the recent obsession with that look in the last decade-traditionally it’s unknown).

Solid color, if it’s not white, looks amateurish.

Edited by formermav43

11 hours ago, Blanton said:

No. 

Don’t want to remind fans and recruits they were a garbage ass program for most of the 20th century (1935 national champs!).

Tech throwbacks are great and I really enjoyed their initial under Armour uniforms with bass boat finish helmets. 

Oklahoma State was garbage for most of the 20th century (1945 retroactive national champs!) but still wear throwback helmets.

85ef7f1ab12ecd3c550dd01a2e87e082-origina

Cv8f1PYUEAANXNL.jpg

imgur>
  • Like 1

That bottom uni is the best for OSU. I wouldn’t even mind having a star on the black helmet but the pants and jersey are excellent there. Are some of you telling me that would look better with all orange? Home uni should be your school color plus a light color pant. Either white or another one of your school colors if it’s a light color like silver or gold/yellow.

As far as away unis, wear a white jersey with either white pants or light colored school color bottom. Think how great the cowboys and raiders look with a white jersey and silver pants.

22 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

usa_today_10501906.0.jpg

59a8d6290dd37.image.jpg?resize=1200,1340

Just ditch the weird patterns in the collar and shoulder stripes.

21 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

That bottom uni is the best for OSU. I wouldn’t even mind having a star on the black helmet but the pants and jersey are excellent there. Are some of you telling me that would look better with all orange? Home uni should be your school color plus a light color pant. Either white or another one of your school colors if it’s a light color like silver or gold/yellow.

As far as away unis, wear a white jersey with either white pants or light colored school color bottom. Think how great the cowboys and raiders look with a white jersey and silver pants.

If I were in charge, home would always be white-orange-white, and road would always be white-black-white.  Like the bottom two on Al's post.  I would be okay with alternating helmet designs, but would kill the oversized Pete face.  Using only white helmets would kill the abomination I call the Ed Hardy bowling ball helmet.

14 hours ago, Blanton said:

No. 

I'm not going to bother to look this up but I seem to recall a time in the early '70s when TCU hired a former Texas assistant (named Pittman, possibly) who had a heart attacked and died during a game.  The team pulled together and went like 6-4-1 or something like that.  After that they were very awful but that one year they were inspired.  

And that year, I believe they wore these terrible lavender uniforms that they could not have gotten away with wearing in any other decade.

7 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

The only time I can remember both teams wearing dark jerseys was some color rush bullshit like USC vs UCLA a few years back. It’s probably been done before but it’s rare

UCLA used to wear the powder blues home and away.

They wore them here in 1970.

Tennessee also used to wear their orange home and away but that changed at the 1969 Cotton Bowl when they played us and had to special order white jerseys.

4 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

The only time I can remember both teams wearing dark jerseys was some color rush bullshit like USC vs UCLA a few years back. It’s probably been done before but it’s rare

The red and the blue on the field together looks so awesome in that game. It seems like if the home team approves whatever the other team wants to wear, they should be allowed to wear it. Texas in orange and white against Tech in black and red or Baylor in green and gold wouldn't be confusing at all. Obviously you wouldn't want both sides wearing home jerseys in a Bama-Arky game, but it seems like common sense could prevail.

Not sure if anybody mentioned this particular team or uniform but last week I saw a replay of Syracuse's game against Clemson and I was impressed by their look.  I'm a traditional kind of guy and I hardly ever like new, trendy stuff but I thought Syracuse was eye-catching.  Wouldn't want a team of mine wearing stuff like that but for an irrelevant team 1500 miles away, they look good.

BLF_4556.JPG?width=1024&height=576&mode=

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

UCLA used to wear the powder blues home and away.

They wore them here in 1970.

Tennessee also used to wear their orange home and away but that changed at the 1969 Cotton Bowl when they played us and had to special order white jerseys.

Tennessee and Alabama also used to wear their "home" uniforms when they played head to head. Not sure when it stopped, but recent interest on the Tennessee side has gone unreciprocated by Alabama.

3200926229_b95e2a7bbf_b.jpg

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1