Bevo XV not allowed at Kansas game

Zavala

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This probably dates back to the Big 8 days.  Our student section used to throw oranges on the field after the first score, and apparently during one of our games with CU, Ralphie got beaned with an orange.  He apparently went wild, started stampeding around old Clyde Williams Field, and Colorado never brought him on the road again.

Not to be a dick, but exactly when was ISU in contention for the Big 8's orange bowl bid such that students were throwing oranges on the field?  Or was this some obscure Ames tradition I'm unaware of?

6 hours ago, Zavala said:

Maybe they will have a live bevo cam of him peacefully chilling in his pasture in Austin. 

Amazingly enough, I like this. 

Somebody knows some Spurs, let's get as big a screen as we can, and stream video, live and/or recorded, of Bevo wherever the Cowboys and Smokey hang. Maybe subliminally flash 0U SUCKS from time to time.

• Like 1

This probably dates back to the Big 8 days.  Our student section used to throw oranges on the field after the first score, and apparently during one of our games with CU, Ralphie got beaned with an orange.  He apparently went wild, started stampeding around old Clyde Williams Field, and Colorado never brought him on the road again.
Well, that's dumb rocky mountainers that don't know how to handle anything larger than a cat, we have Silver spurs..and a mascot who's trained and conditioned for that sort of in-stadium idiocy..

8 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Goddammit, classic Iowa State, trading off of everyone liking them so they can ruin our fun.

6 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Not to be a dick, but exactly when was ISU in contention for the Big 8's orange bowl bid such that students were throwing oranges on the field?  Or was this some obscure Ames tradition I'm unaware of?

It was Orange Bowl inspired but we were never in contention.

Eventually, that became the joke in and of itself.

17 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Fuck it who cares?  I'm sure the Beav will be much happier eating hay on his ranch in something above absolute zero** anyway.

** Although the temp there Fri is expected to be a balmy 55 degrees at kickoff.  Downright blistering for there that time of year.

I'm up there now for the holidays, and the weather is actually awesome.  Yesterday I was pissed I didn't bring my golf clubs, mid 50s, sunny, without a breath of wind.  Austin was frigid the last couple days before we left, by comparison.

It's bullshit we aren't allowing Bevo on the field.

2 minutes ago, BERT said:

Did he not shit on Nebraska's N in the end zone after the game?? Think it was '98? 

1996 Big 12 championship game, but that was in St. Louis so I guess that time. I think he was slated to go to ND in 2015 but they had a similar rule. 

2 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

1996 Big 12 championship game, but that was in St. Louis so I guess that time. I think he was slated to go to ND in 2015 but they had a similar rule. 

Ah ok. I don't think St. Louis is in Texas so i was half right. I'll take it.