Bevo XV not allowed at Kansas game

Zavala

We should just bring him on the field anyway.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25321445/rule-keep-texas-mascot-bevo-field

giphy.gif

Bevo XV, the famed Texas mascot, won't be on the field for Friday's game against Kansas because the Jayhawks have a rule prohibiting live mascots. Bevo will miss the action for a Thanksgiving week game for just the second time in 73 years, according to the school. 

Bevo XV, a 3-year-old longhorn steer, has been a part of Texas football since 1916 and has traditionally been a mainstay of the Thanksgiving week games. Bevo typically resides behind the end zones during football games.

Fuck it who cares?  I'm sure the Beav will be much happier eating hay on his ranch in something above absolute zero** anyway.

** Although the temp there Fri is expected to be a balmy 55 degrees at kickoff.  Downright blistering for there that time of year.

Edited by phdhorn

Just now, Bone3421 said:
2 minutes ago, Agent 13 said:
Did the specify Bevo XV in particular? This info is important for my rebuttal.

Its all live mascots

Yeah but who gives a single fuck about any other live mascots in the big 12?

Bevo is part of Thanksgiving. 

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Whoever is in the Hookem costume should do his best stand in impersonation by taking a ton of opiates before the game and shitting in the endzone a few times.

Most common side effect of opioid use is constipation, so you're gonna need to pick one or the other.

• Like 2

This probably dates back to the Big 8 days.  Our student section used to throw oranges on the field after the first score, and apparently during one of our games with CU, Ralphie got beaned with an orange.  He apparently went wild, started stampeding around old Clyde Williams Field, and Colorado never brought him on the road again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Agent 13 said:

16 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
18 minutes ago, Agent 13 said:

Its all live mascots

So we could bring Bevo XIV

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, El Hornarino said:

Yeah, dead mascots are no problem.  Which seems kind of backwards to me, but I am not from Kansas.

This is what I would recommend 

Also how do you ignore people? I hate the concept of ignoring someone on a public board but this guy is a fucking moron that can barely type. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Fuck it who cares?  I'm sure the Beav will be much happier eating hay on his ranch in something above absolute zero** anyway.

** Although the temp there Fri is expected to be a balmy 55 degrees at kickoff.  Downright blistering for there that time of year.

Really?? Nobody said anything about this??? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Are there any others?  The horses with the Soonermobile, and Texas Tech has a horse, I guess.

Like I said, who gives a fuck about those guys. Bevo on turkey day is tradition. 

Maybe they will have a live bevo cam of him peacefully chilling in his pasture in Austin. 

PS, I've asked about what they do to dope up Bevo so he doesn't maul or kick the hundreds of children grabbing him and taking pictures with him. They lie and say no, he's just a more calm longhorn thats used to people and he's good with it. heh.

28 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Like I said, who gives a fuck about those guys. Bevo on turkey day is tradition. 

Maybe they will have a live bevo cam of him peacefully chilling in his pasture in Austin. 

PS, I've asked about what they do to dope up Bevo so he doesn't maul or kick the hundreds of children grabbing him and taking pictures with him. They lie and say no, he's just a more calm longhorn thats used to people and he's good with it. heh.

Kansas football knows nothing about tradition.  

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

Thanksgiving (weekend) game in Lawrence is so fuckin stupid.

I told you guys when the schedule came out and everyone was bitching about this we'd all be happy about getting Kansas the week before the Big 12 Championship game, guess I was wrong.

• Like 1