Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Longhorn Network
They’re going. Texas GameDay is going. Are you? See y’all on the field in Arlington.

Quote Tweet
Texas Football

@TexasFootball
Secure a spot in the Big 12 Championship Game...turn up!

#ThisIsTexas #HookEm

0:18
62.1K views

Thanks

2 hours ago, XYZ said:

Keys to winning this game:

-Abuse their secondary and don’t stop the abusing until the final whistle

-Hit the ewok in the first quarter

i agree with this.  murray is the most prima donna qb i've seen in a long time.  he is scared of being hit. so hit him, hard and often.  our defense sucks, to our standards, but it is still the best defense they've faced since well, the last time they faced it.  and lost.  no dumb penalties, no late hits, no holding or interference, no offsides.  if we win the penalty and the turnover battles we will take this.  i like our chances, but like someone else said, we had a better chance against wv.  it's hard to beat the same team twice in one season.  that's one advantage.  the second one is that they are on an upswing as far as momentum and how they are playing at this point in the season.   we are on a downswing, not playing well at all.   not playing as well as we were when we had usc, tcu, ou, ksu.  they are playing better now and we are playing worse.  herman needs to figure something out.  doesn't have to be trickery, just come up with something.  we cannot let them avg 8-10 yds/play like they have been.

9 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

i agree with this.  murray is the most prima donna qb i've seen in a long time.  he is scared of being hit. so hit him, hard and often.  our defense sucks, to our standards, but it is still the best defense they've faced since well, the last time they faced it.  and lost.  no dumb penalties, no late hits, no holding or interference, no offsides.  if we win the penalty and the turnover battles we will take this.  i like our chances, but like someone else said, we had a better chance against wv.  it's hard to beat the same team twice in one season.  that's one advantage.  the second one is that they are on an upswing as far as momentum and how they are playing at this point in the season.   we are on a downswing, not playing well at all.   not playing as well as we were when we had usc, tcu, ou, ksu.  they are playing better now and we are playing worse.  herman needs to figure something out.  doesn't have to be trickery, just come up with something.  we cannot let them avg 8-10 yds/play like they have been.

I agree about getting to Murray.  Not sure if we have someone expendable enough (and good enough to get there) to take a good hit on him and risk a targetting call. I don't want him to get comfortable. 

Not advocating a dirty play.  Advocating knocking that pussy down.

11 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I agree about getting to Murray.  Not sure if we have someone expendable enough (and good enough to get there) to take a good hit on him and risk a targetting call. I don't want him to get comfortable. 

They don't call targeting for hitting someone on the head with your thigh pad, so we are OK, right?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

BJ Foster is worth it. If he lays him out like he did Amon Ra I don't give a shit who plays nickel the rest of the game.

20 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I would blitz the crap out of Murray every down.  Not the way we blitz with only 4 guys in the box and some DB having to run 30 yards to get there to “surprise” the offense.  I’d bring 6 right up to the line of scrimmage and send them all, double A gap blitzes, etc.  That would also fill more running lanes and might act as a better run blitz if they decide to handoff.

Against other QBs I might worry about being so obvious with the blitz, but if anything I’d want Murray to know the heat is coming.  His top priority on the football field is not getting hit or jeopardizing his baseball contract.  He won’t decide to stand in there and take a hit.  It’s either going to be a super quick hot route we can anticipate, or he’s going to bail out of the pocket immediately.  Besides, if you don’t pressure him he’s going to carve you up anyway, so I think it’s worth the risk.

At some point a defense is going to exploit the fact that he plays more pussified than any player in recent memory, right?  Might as well be us.

I keep seeing this. Murray already has gotten paid. Anything catastrophic would be covered by insurance.

Edited by Buddy Hinton

As If you need more reason to hate OU fans, but I was told today by a sooner fan that the refs wanted Texas to win the October game and proved it by waiting until the 4th quarter to call penalties on us, right around the time our offense stopped working and OU scored 21 straight...

...fuck these people. 

15 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

he may be insured but he plays like he's not.  he's definitely worried about it.

Meh. Kyler isn't going to run over anybody like Sam can. Sam is big boy but he hasn't made it through either year without being injured. But that is also part of his game.

Kyler hasn't willingly gone down short of a needed first down this year. That would be the only thing that would bother me. Otherwise, I would much rather have a healthy KM. He tries to play like Sam and he would not make through the year

Edited by Buddy Hinton

44 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

Kyler hasn't willingly gone down short of a needed first down this year. That would be the only thing that would bother me.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought I remember him doing exactly this in the Texas game.  Seems like he started a slide early and refs marked him short of first down.  Seems like ou either ended up punting or we stopped them on 4th down.  Anyone else remembering this?

The most infuriating thing ewok could do is run and do his baseball slide without getting touched.  It would drive GJ and the rest of our players batshit crazy.

But he's going to try and prove that "Ewok is the man".... he's going to try and lower a shoulder.... he's going to die..... i'm going to be happy.

53 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought I remember him doing exactly this in the Texas game.  Seems like he started a slide early and refs marked him short of first down.  Seems like ou either ended up punting or we stopped them on 4th down.  Anyone else remembering this?

you are correct.  buddy is seeing things through crimson tainted glasses.  murray runs out of bounds or slides at every opportunity.  the qualifier of "before a needed first down" is moot because their offense averages 8-10 yds/play.  that doesn't change the fact that murray avoids contact.  he runs until there's a player in front of him and then he runs out of bounds.  he has no awareness where the down marker even is. 

Just now, XYZ said:

Texas defense needs to knock the shit out of ewok even if it means a 15-yard penalty. And that needs to happen early in the game.

That's dirty.  That's like going for a guys knees.  Not worth it even if it means not winning IMO.

• Like 3

Meh. Kyler isn't going to run over anybody like Sam can. Sam is big boy but he hasn't made it through either year without being injured. But that is also part of his game.
Kyler hasn't willingly gone down short of a needed first down this year. That would be the only thing that would bother me. Otherwise, I would much rather have a healthy KM. He tries to play like Sam and he would not make through the year

Kyler is a bitch. Just like you Buddy.

russellschulman.jpg?w=278&h=330

One punch in the mouth will shut both of you bitches up.

26 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Texas defense needs to knock the shit out of ewok even if it means a 15-yard penalty. And that needs to happen early in the game.

That's a regarded take. Late hits are stupid. With the right defensive alignment, we'll have an opportunity to legally knock him into the dirt a few times early.

7 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

To be honest, after we uninspiringly wrapped up our trip to the CCG on Friday, I was hoping for a WVa win simply because in  a rematch of closely matched teams, the "avenger" of the earlier loss usually has the advantage. Not surprisingly, OU won. Well, we've beaten them already, know the formula, etc., but in my mind I conceded the fact that this was going to be a difficult game to win again and we should be happy with 9-3 and a spot in the CCG in year 2 of the Herman revival.

Then Lincoln & Kyler happened.

Sometime late Monday, Bob Stoops had to call his young padawan coach and say "Are you effin kidding me??  You sounded like Mack Brown before most of our games complaining about the Beaty issue. We always knew we were winning before the game because they (Texas) always sounded scared. Now you've just done the same."

Much has already been said about Kyler on this thread and before. However I'll add this. He ain't up for a fight so to speak. Kid was born on third base with respect to athletic ability, had an upbringing that allowed him to maximize that ability, went to a HS athletic program (Allen) for which the school side of things only exists to service the ambition of the athletic program, and was dropped into a talented roster and system this year to play college football before ducking out for millions to play baseball. Everything is always set up so nicely. Yet, when adversity hit and was effectively outdueled by Ehlinger the first time around, dude couldn't deal with it and one of 2 great memes that our football team has graced us with this year was born. And it seems he has had a problem beating the school he clowned during recruiting a few years back. Lost 5 of 8 in baseball over the last 2 years while not really contributing anything memorable in the games (and certainly not leading his team to a conference title or CWS appearance) and lost the Golden Hat already. 

So despite the fact that all the experts are already debating whether OU or OSU is more worthy of the 4th spot, I see an OU team that sounds a lot like 2000-2004 Texas and a Texas team that sounds a lot like 2000-2004 OU. Tom Herman, Sam Ehlinger, Charles Omenihu, and the rest of the Longhorns sound confident. Lincoln & Kyler sound scared. That doesn't mean OU won't win. But I'd grab some of that sweet Texas +7.5 action because Texas is going to be girded up to bring the fight to OU in this game - just like they have in the last 2 with Tom Herman at the controls. The "avenger" should normally have the edge in a rematch like this, but I see Texas as the team playing with that edge in this game.

Take the loss pussy -----again! 

Great post, and I agree with your assessment of the toughness of the two programs at this point. For years OU has been known for some hard hitting defenses, these dudes are soft as baby shit and I can't name one standout player from that bunch which is almost unheard of. Lincoln and Kyler have an air of bitchassedness about them and I'm waiting for Kyler's little primadonna ass to be introduced to Mr. Roach, make him make a business decision in the beginning of that game. 

6 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

I want Ewok ‘s dick to be kicked into the dirt so many times that even Bobbie Stoops would not want it in his bag.

kick his shit in on the first play and every play after.

I agree on Ewok but there’s never been and never will be a dick Stoops doesn’t want in his bag or mouth. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Surly is weird. We are three days away from the biggest game since maybe 2010 and the first page of the football board is littered with “tell me about a&m” and shit like that.

Agree. Not enough OU hate on this board. Fuck OU’s white trash, trailer living, sister fucking, pussies.