Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

51 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

That sounds so violent.  Why are sooners so intolerant?  Anyway, who on their team is capable of breaking him in half?  They can't even tackle.  ou is #111 in total defense.  there are only 18 schools in the ncaa that give up more yards.

Dustin Hopson Looks like he represents the lollipop guild

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I think the big key is going to be the first quarter and how quickly Texas can punch back.  

This.  We have to win the first quarter.  Against OU in particular, I think winning the first quarter is actually more important than winning the fourth.  Basically I hope we can execute our gameplan from October (minus the turtling at the end) as well on Saturday as we did in the previous game.

18 minutes ago, freyguy said:

I'm already amped up for this game.  Despite the "focus on the game in front of you, not what's down the road," diatribe, I see this game as our penultimate showcase.  Forget whichever Bowl game we land in.  It will pale in comparison as to what's about to transpire this coming Saturday. 

We get the sweet opportunity to play ou and beat the holy fuck out of them all over the goddamned field one more time.  No other situation can hold a candle to that.

This game is, by definition, Texas’ penultimate showcase this season. 

• Like 1

I'd enjoy seeing the same thing happen to Kyler Murray*, so meh.  Whatever.  And it's not like their defense can actually accomplish shit.  
*Actual size may vary.  
Half of Kyler Murray would require a microscope to actually see so you probably wouldn't see anything.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, ztejas said:

Coworker hung my whiteboard upside down that had a longhorn and Hook Em! on it in Expo.

Here is what she will walk into tomorrow morning:

20181128-175750.jpg

The response:

20181129-104001.jpg

Not bad. An aggy never would have been able to figure out how to turn it in the "right" direction.

Fielding ideas for the next clap back.

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The response:

20181129-104001.jpg

Not bad. An aggy never would have been able to figure out how to turn it in the "right" direction.

Fielding ideas for the next clap back.

You could always go with the "You can't spell cOcksUcker without OU" bit. Might be a dicey move in today's workplace, but I'm sure it'd get a reaction.

26 minutes ago, El Squared said:

We really have nothing to lose.

So why not just go fuck them up and their tiny schooner gooner dreams.

^ This ^

I said it in October and will say it again. We are their match up nightmare and will do the same thing we did the last time. They should win. They won't. They are playing for a heisman trophy and a shot at the national title. Everything points that they should win. They won't. 

Hook 'em. OU sucks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I think the big key is going to be the first quarter and how quickly Texas can punch back.  

I assume ou scores on their first drive.  How quickly can Texas counter?

Keep it close and shorten the game.  

49 45 Texas

I'm gonna throw shit if we win the toss, defer, and let them score a TD in 2-3 minutes like we did in 6 other games this season including the first OU game.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, El Squared said:

We really have nothing to lose.

I don't understand this line of thinking. We have the conference title to lose and 10 wins for the first time in a decade on the line. Let's play to win at all costs instead of playing like losing doesn't matter. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I'm gonna throw shit if we win the toss, defer, and let them score a TD in 2-3 minutes like we did in 6 other games this season including the first OU game.

Look, this is probably exactly what's going to happen.  But it's okay.  That's also how the game started in 2008 and 2018.

20 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I swear, if we win the toss, our captain should turn to the ref and just say, we'll spot them 7 points, take the ball and the wind then give up a delay of game on first down of our first possession.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

Look, this is probably exactly what's going to happen.  But it's okay.  That's also how the game started in 2008 and 2018.

Highly likely. And if we can't score on our first possession, we could go down 14-0 very quickly. And then we will battle back. This game will come down to just a few defensive stops. 

Just now, bigup2dahorns said:

That's $65,000 post tax against post tax earnings around $3.7million prior to this, which means that's 1.76% of his post-tax salary as a kicker. A person making $75k on this board would receive about $1000 in post-tax bonus compensation to feel the same impact. I guess that would be cool for someone earning in that range, so maybe it matters to someone making what Herman makes. Seems small at first, when considering it relative to his base pay.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's $65,000 post tax against post tax earnings around $3.7million prior to this, which means that's 1.76% of his post-tax salary as a kicker. A person making $75k on this board would receive about $1000 in post-tax bonus compensation to feel the same impact. I guess that would be cool for someone earning in that range, so maybe it matters to someone making what Herman makes. Seems small at first, when considering it relative to his base pay.

I wouldn’t mind an extra $1000 for doing what I was already hired to do, anyway. Especially if it guaranteed an extra $500. 

Edited by Deguello

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A person making $75k on this board would receive about $1000 in post-tax bonus compensation to feel the same impact.

Um. Money isn't relative. $100k is $100k. He can donate it to charity and it will go a lot farther than a Surly poster's $1,000. 

But you're smarter than everyone here so I'm sure there's something I'm not understanding. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Pardon me sir, but do you have any Grey Poupon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, freyguy said:

I'm already amped up for this game.  Despite the "focus on the game in front of you, not what's down the road," diatribe, I see this game as our penultimate showcase.  Forget whichever Bowl game we land in.  It will pale in comparison as to what's about to transpire this coming Saturday. 

We get the sweet opportunity to play ou and beat the holy fuck out of them all over the goddamned field one more time.  No other situation can hold a candle to that.

3 hours ago, Deguello said:

This game is, by definition, Texas’ penultimate showcase this season. 

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

True, but I'm pretty sure everyone here would rather win the CCG and lose the bowl than vice versa.  This is the big one.

Did I miss something and we are now pretending not to know the definition of penultimate? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also - highest bracket is 37% not 35%. Close enough. 

49 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

It don’t make a shit.

— Bill Bradley, when asked if he wanted heads or tails in the coin toss in the 1968 game against Texas A&M