Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um. Money isn't relative. $100k is $100k. He can donate it to charity and it will go a lot farther than a Surly poster's $1,000. 

But you're smarter than everyone here so I'm sure there's something I'm not understanding. 

I see I made a mistake in clicking "view this post" in order to see what dumbass shit you wrote. You aren't worth the bullet, so I'm not bothering with responding to your insipid nonsense other than to say, thanks for extrapolating something idiotic and irrelevant to the minor post and thought I had on this thread. If I wanted to discuss money, math, or finances with someone of your mental caliber, I would strike up a conversation with the contents of my toilet after drinking my morning coffee.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I see I made a mistake in clicking "view this post" in order to see what dumbass shit you wrote. You aren't worth the bullet, so I'm not bothering with responding to your insipid nonsense other than to say, thanks for extrapolating something idiotic and irrelevant to the minor post and thought I had on this thread. If I wanted to discuss money, math, or finances with someone of your mental caliber, I would strike up a conversation with the contents of my toilet after drinking my morning coffee.

ctj.png

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Deguello said:

Marginal utility theory says money, among other things, is relative. 

That said, the bonus isn’t a giant amount relative to his salary, but $65K (plus the $32.5K it guarantees) isn’t trivial for very many people. All the same, I’m glad he’ll be getting it. 

You mean the $63k. CTJ is a genius but he doesn't get to override federal tax laws. 

Also - money is relative to individuals or organizations. On paper - it is inherently not relative.

Edited by ztejas

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um. Money isn't relative. $100k is $100k. He can donate it to charity and it will go a lot farther than a Surly poster's $1,000. 

But you're smarter than everyone here so I'm sure there's something I'm not understanding. 

its worth to the person is relative.  its worth in purchasing power isn't.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

its worth to the person is relative.  its worth in purchasing power isn't.

I made a pretty innocuous post about the premise of the bonus of that size to a guy like Herman, compared to something more realistic to the everyman schlepping through society each day at his regular job. BionicThunderdouche felt the need to attempt to make it some sort of indictment on my economic knowledge while also showing his inferiority complex regarding intelligence. This thread was better off before I accidentally baited him into spraying the thread with irrelevance. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I made a pretty innocuous post about the premise of the bonus of that size to a guy like Herman, compared to something more realistic to the everyman schlepping through society each day at his regular job. BionicThunderdouche felt the need to attempt to make it some sort of indictment on my economic knowledge while also showing his inferiority complex regarding intelligence. This thread was better off before I accidentally baited him into spraying the thread with irrelevance. 

All you do is insult people's intelligence and circle around arguments without actually debating anything because you're so damn afraid of being wrong. You didn't respond to my example about $100k as a charitable donation vs. $1k, you didn't respond to the fact that you got the federal tax% wrong, you just distract and use big words and act like you're smarter than everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

All you do is insult people's intelligence and circle around arguments without actually debating anything because you're so damn afraid of being wrong. You didn't respond to my example about $100k as a charitable donation vs. $1k, you didn't respond to the fact that you got the federal tax% wrong, you just distract and use big words and act like you're smarter than everyone else. 

Well, I didn't read them. I have you on ignore. I don't click your stuff, but for some reason on this one, given the immediate response, I sadly did. I find you unentertaining, humorless, insecure, and insipid. There's nothing redeeming about you as a poster and I assume you're also a truly awful person to be around.

I'd rather debate nuanced flavors found within piles of hot garbage with a hobo than have a discussion with a vacuum of a personality such as yourself on any subject. My suggestion from here is to DM me if you want to call me names and tell me how mean and cowardly I am, or put me on ignore. This bandwidth drain we're causing is offensive to anyone else on this thread and I'm embarrassed to have lowered myself to your subterranean lair in the land of the posting mouthbreathers for this discussion. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Situation is fluid 

SIAP: 

https://apnews.com/d25988480d4b4400a779318e794df074

Spoiler

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Ruffin McNeill often uses the acronym FIDO when he talks to his players about dealing with mistakes. It stands for “Forget It and Drive On.”

Lots of teachable moments right now for McNeill, the interim defensive coordinator for Oklahoma. The Sooners have allowed 449 yards per game this season — on pace for a school record — and they rank dead last in Big 12 Conference play in scoring defense and total defense.

What in the name of Lee Roy Selmon and Brian Bosworth is going on?

The poor defensive performance has nearly torpedoed one of the best offenses in college football history. Heisman Trophy contender Kyler Murray has done it all at quarterback. And most weeks, Oklahoma’s defense has been ripped by opposing offenses.

The defense is trying to live up to McNeill’s mantra, despite all the reminders of its shortcomings.

“I feel like at the end of the day, all the outside noise doesn’t matter,” said linebacker Kenneth Murray, no relation to the quarterback. “As a defense, that’s stuff that we don’t worry about. We just let people talk. We go out there and play for each other. We do what we do for the brother next to us.”

The defense likely will have to improve in order for the fifth-ranked Sooners (11-1, No. 5 CFP) to beat No. 9 Texas (9-3, No. 14 CFP) in the Big 12 championship on Saturday in suburban Dallas. Texas gained 501 yards in the first meeting with Oklahoma in October, a 48-45 win for the Longhorns that left the Sooners embarrassed and cost defensive coordinator Mike Stoops his job.

“I know that will be a big talk with who we’re playing and the fact that we made a change after we played these guys the first time,” Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley said. “I get that. I think we’re progressing in a lot of ways, but we’ve got to put it all together.”

Oklahoma’s defense has actually been worse under McNeill. In six games under Stoops, the Sooners allowed 26.8 points and 421.2 yards per game. Under McNeill, those numbers have ballooned to 38.3 points and 476.8 yards, and Oklahoma has allowed 40 or more points in four straight games.

Winning Saturday can help the Sooners drive on, of course.

“End of the day, we learned our lesson and now we get a second opportunity to play those guys for a Big 12 championship,” Kenneth Murray said. “That’s really the focus right now, is trying to win a championship.”

Texas is trying to ignore the chatter about Oklahoma’s defense, too. Offensive lineman Patrick Vahe said the Longhorns respect Oklahoma’s talent and believe the Sooners have potential.

“I think I’ve noticed a couple of changes,” Vahe said. “Regardless of what the score says, they’re a really good group of guys playing on that side of the field. You can’t take them lightly at all. They’re playing for the same purpose as you. They’re still really good on that side.”

Oklahoma was somehow able to find some good things on defense in its 59-56 win over West Virginiaon Friday. The Sooners gave up a season-high 704 yards, but linebackers Caleb Kelly and Curtis Bolton scored touchdowns on fumble returns. A unit that has struggled to force turnovers made critical plays in the win that got the Sooners into the Big 12 title game.

“Obviously throughout that game, we had some things that didn’t go our way, but we had a lot of things that we did well, ended up coming out with five total stops and two total defensive touchdowns,” Kenneth Murray said. “That was one of the biggest moments of the game. Just getting those scores on defense is big in a football game. Definitely exemplifies FIDO.”

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

SIAP: 

https://apnews.com/d25988480d4b4400a779318e794df074

“I feel like at the end of the day, all the outside noise doesn’t matter,” said linebacker Kenneth Murray, no relation to the quarterback. “As a defense, that’s stuff that we don’t worry about. We just let people talk. We go out there and play for each other. We do what we do for the brother next to us.”

They really must not like each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I hope Tom Herman takes his bonus cash and spends it all on dildos, shipping half of them to Lincoln Riley and the other half to Zach Smith.

Or donates it to Women Called Moses in honor dishonor of Zach and Joe Mixon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I didn't read them. I have you on ignore. I don't click your stuff, but for some reason on this one, given the immediate response, I sadly did. I find you unentertaining, humorless, insecure, and insipid. There's nothing redeeming about you as a poster and I assume you're also a truly awful person to be around.

I'd rather debate nuanced flavors found within piles of hot garbage with a hobo than have a discussion with a vacuum of a personality such as yourself on any subject. My suggestion from here is to DM me if you want to call me names and tell me how mean and cowardly I am, or put me on ignore. This bandwidth drain we're causing is offensive to anyone else on this thread and I'm embarrassed to have lowered myself to your subterranean lair in the land of the posting mouthbreathers for this discussion. 

You and your buddies sit around at a bar and laugh at the fact that your brains mustered the ability to nickname the QB of the team you root for "Mehlinger"...

Step off the pedestal.

I know what our history is with the first drive, but we still have to defer and take the ball the 2nd half if we win the toss. 

If we are down 7 at the half, it’s basically tied if we get the ball to start the 3rd.  Can’t afford to be down and then give them the ball again. 

However....I wouldn’t be opposed to an onside to start the game. 

53 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

You and your buddies sit around at a bar and laugh at the fact that your brains mustered the ability to nickname the QB of the team you root for "Mehlinger"...

Step off the pedestal.

I don’t think we created that. Can I take credit for it, credibly? If I can, I will. I thought that came from a random on these boards somewhere.

Before you admonish me further with all of your high-falluting finger-wagging, sir, you could at least change out your fucking avatar, then, given that those brains you just mocked created it, too. 

You should keep telling me what to do either way though, as I am a good follower of peoples’ directions and complaints when it comes to these boards. 

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think we created that. Can I take credit for it, credibly? If I can, I will. I thought that came from a random on these boards somewhere.

Before you admonish me further with all of your high-falluting finger-wagging, sir, you could at least change out your fucking avatar, then, given that those brains you just mocked created it, too. 

You should keep telling me what to do either way though, as I am a good follower of peoples’ directions and complaints when it comes to these boards. 

tenor.gif

I just find it amusing when you call people out for name calling but you carry on with your day good sir.