Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

Nah man, it’s Texas ou. Do you and have a damn blast. Jerry world does suck major dick, but oh well. Take out a loan, and deal with it later. The building is enough to keep me at home, but it’s game on for the bowl. 

Yeah I’m thinking this way too, especially with the potential to go to NOLA.

34 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

To be honest, after we uninspiringly wrapped up our trip to the CCG on Friday, I was hoping for a WVa win simply because in  a rematch of closely matched teams, the "avenger" of the earlier loss usually has the advantage. Not surprisingly, OU won. Well, we've beaten them already, know the formula, etc., but in my mind I conceded the fact that this was going to be a difficult game to win again and we should be happy with 9-3 and a spot in the CCG in year 2 of the Herman revival.

Then Lincoln & Kyler happened.

Sometime late Monday, Bob Stoops had to call his young padawan coach and say "Are you effin kidding me??  You sounded like Mack Brown before most of our games complaining about the Beaty issue. We always knew we were winning before the game because they (Texas) always sounded scared. Now you've just done the same."

Much has already been said about Kyler on this thread and before. However I'll add this. He ain't up for a fight so to speak. Kid was born on third base with respect to athletic ability, had an upbringing that allowed him to maximize that ability, went to a HS athletic program (Allen) for which the school side of things only exists to service the ambition of the athletic program, and was dropped into a talented roster and system this year to play college football before ducking out for millions to play baseball. Everything is always set up so nicely. Yet, when adversity hit and was effectively outdueled by Ehlinger the first time around, dude couldn't deal with it and one of 2 great memes that our football team has graced us with this year was born. And it seems he has had a problem beating the school he clowned during recruiting a few years back. Lost 5 of 8 in baseball over the last 2 years while not really contributing anything memorable in the games (and certainly not leading his team to a conference title or CWS appearance) and lost the Golden Hat already. 

So despite the fact that all the experts are already debating whether OU or OSU is more worthy of the 4th spot, I see an OU team that sounds a lot like 2000-2004 Texas and a Texas team that sounds a lot like 2000-2004 OU. Tom Herman, Sam Ehlinger, Charles Omenihu, and the rest of the Longhorns sound confident. Lincoln & Kyler sound scared. That doesn't mean OU won't win. But I'd grab some of that sweet Texas +7.5 action because Texas is going to be girded up to bring the fight to OU in this game - just like they have in the last 2 with Tom Herman at the controls. The "avenger" should normally have the edge in a rematch like this, but I see Texas as the team playing with that edge in this game.

Take the loss pussy -----again! 

Good post, and I very much agree with your points.  I think not enough is being made of the "Ehlinger as a leader" vs "Murray as a mercenary" dynamic.  We have a qb that is going to do everything physically in his power to win us the game.  Kyler has demonstrated repeatedly this season that if it's his team or his body, he's going to choose his body every time.  We definitely have an edge on that front.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Does anyone know why LHN has no pregame show scgeduled for the CCG? No post-game show either. I looked at the schedule to record both and there was nothing there except college swimming.

Would there be a chance they will show them anyway regardless of what my guide says since it is an unscheduled game? Or is there some kind of restriction since it is a championship game?

Longhorn Network
They’re going. Texas GameDay is going. Are you? See y’all on the field in Arlington.

Quote Tweet
Texas Football

@TexasFootball
Secure a spot in the Big 12 Championship Game...turn up!

#ThisIsTexas #HookEm

0:18
62.1K views

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Keys to winning this game:

-Abuse their secondary and don’t stop the abusing until the final whistle

-Hit the ewok in the first  every quarter

Fixed.  But yes, abusing their secondary is key to scoring on them--which is something that we must plan on doing every offensive possession.  Abuse their secondary (which LJH and CJ can absolutely do, assuming Ehlinger can get them the ball), and the run game will open up for Ingram/Watson/Ehlinger.  Then it's just pick your poison for OU for the rest of the game, with an occasional pass over the middle to Beck.  We can fuck these gooners up.

Edited by Xcalibur

New video of Sam & Kyler confrontation starts at about 1:10 mark. 
https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Kyler-Murray-Sam-Ehlinger-video-125464487/

Would love to see the uninterrupted version of this. From what I could see:

Sam: Have some respect!
Kyler: Says something that makes Sam turn around.
Sam: I was just saying good game, yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Kyler is always a little loose with the ball. He's just been lucky. Put a hit on him when he scrambles, and there is a good chance he looses it. The problem is putting the hit on him

They're going to score with big plays even if you drop 8, so I say we live and die with multiple blitz looks all day. Force the quick throw and make the tackle. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd blitz the everliving shit out of Murray in the 1st qtr.  Hit him; make him think.  You might give up yardage and TD's, but I think you're going to be doing that anyway if you give him 5-10 seconds in the pocket.  For the love of God, don't do what LSU did Sat - rushing 3 most of the 4th and ot.

12 minutes ago, Wally Banger said:

Would love to see the uninterrupted version of this. From what I could see:

Sam: Have some respect!
Kyler: Says something that makes Sam turn around.
Sam: I was just saying good game, yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There's also a UT staffer/coach making a WTF face at Kyler. 

If you don't want to see Horns Down..... Kick their ass and Win the Game

More pressure on BlowU to win than Horns.... Keep pressure on them early and BlowU might Shit the Bed like Michigan did.....

Some thoughts on Keys for Longhorn Victory

• Good Start in 1st Quarter
  • Win turnover battle
  • Limit penalties
  • Make BlowU punt at least 3 times
  • Limit hits on Sam so shoulder is protected
  • Fair Catch all Kickoffs
  •  Better coverage by Texas punt/kickoff squads
  • Contain Ewok in the pocket
  • Texas DBs don't bite hard on double moves
  • Foster gets at least 2 sacks
  • Wrap-up and Tackle Well
  • Control time & possessions by running F'n Football
  • Win on 3rd downs and in the Red Zone
  • Be the More Physical Team
Edited by LTtxfan

They're going to score with big plays even if you drop 8, so I say we live and die with multiple blitz looks all day. Force the quick throw and make the tackle. 

This. Pressure them all day. The turnovers we got the first time around were both ultimately dumb plays by Murray that weren't completely forced, but came when he had to make a play while feeling the heat. Vary the rush/spy responsibilities between GJ and Foster and let the chips fall where they may.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I was going to go.  Then I saw the ticket prices.  I mean, I'll pay $150+ for lower-level, sideline tickets, but not for a nosebleed.  So, I wasn't going.

Turns out a friend's company has a suite.  I'll be in said suite.

/first and only humblebrag ever

For anyone interested, you can reserve a face value lower bowl ticket for $50 and then pay $200 when Texas is selected.

23 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

And for fuck's sake,  be ready for the shallow cross they run with Brown 2-3 times a game that's always wide open. 

Somebody needs to de-cleat him on this.  He's just like Murray.  He isn't going to fight for an extra yard if needed, he'll go out of bounds or hit the ground.  Hit him one time and he'll be thinking about it all game when passes go his way.