Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:09 AM, ztejas said:

This - and I'm not a T shirt fan at all. I was at the game Ricky broke the record as a toddler. I live and die Texas football and where I graduated doesn't change that one bit. I escaped Austin because it was a good life decision for me.

I will be a diehard Horns fan until I die. Anyone that tells me otherwise can fuck off.

Ricky was much more of a bad ass than I realized. He was breaking records and burning doobs as an infant?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Any tips for a Jerryworld first timer?  Parking, etc.  I'm driving up from Houston that morning.

Cheap lots are on "The road to six flags" (that's the actual name of the street) It's a bit of a walk but they're usually $20-$30 for Cowboy games, I'd expect around the same. Make sure you look on your ticket what gate entrance letter you have, you can't just enter through any gate at Jerry world.

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Like 1

First off, stop being a fan for just a minute and look at it from a third parties view point. This story got out for a reason, likely both parties involved wanted it out.
And actually, regardless of how any of us feel. I believe this will in fact be watched very closely whether anyone on this site finds it relevant or not. And probably why the story was leaked. Not because you care, or I care, or even if the NCAA may not care...for now. Who does care are oddsmakers and bookies who bet both the last game between these two coaches, and will cover action on the championship game this week. As well as league officials who ultimately will get asked about it.
If you look at it as a third party with no horse in the race. Such a cozy relationship so soon after their game it isn’t so much about the Texas ou game, which is a large part of it. It immediately calls into question the last game between the two coaches that occurred just last week. And if any discussion or conversation took place between Herman and a lame duck coach in Beatty. If such a discussion did occur about a possible future relationship between the two did occur PRIOR to the Texas Kansas game concerning a future arrangement that was not part of a required Big12 media event. A conversation that could now in fact be a huge problem if Herman can’t answer that question empathetically with “we never spoke” comment. And be absolutely sure that no record of a conversation exists, I believe he is good to go, Anything less then that becomes the smoking gun, even if the conversation they had was 100% innocuous.
And why typically opposing coaches typically find a way to hire the guy, as opposed to “consulting” him. And seldom in the same season. Under similar circumstances.
It simply has bad optics for everyone involved. Especially if you dig into the game totals for Pooka, and the Kansas receivers numbers for the game. A game they only lost by a single score, a game where one play could have changed the outcome. And prevented Texas from the CG. 
Armed with that, one could direct some very tough questions to Herman. Who has shown difficulty in the past handling really tough questions. Questions that didn’t have any where near the implications that these questions would have. 
Just one man’s opinion, as we will see soon enough how those in power feel about it doing something that normally is not done. At least not at Texas.

Your post has really bad optics...

9 hours ago, Hamttx said:

First off, stop being a fan for just a minute and look at it from a third parties view point. This story got out for a reason, likely both parties involved wanted it out.

And actually, regardless of how any of us feel. I believe this will in fact be watched very closely whether anyone on this site finds it relevant or not. And probably why the story was leaked. Not because you care, or I care, or even if the NCAA may not care...for now. Who does care are oddsmakers and bookies who bet both the last game between these two coaches, and will cover action on the championship game this week. As well as league officials who ultimately will get asked about it.

If you look at it as a third party with no horse in the race. Such a cozy relationship so soon after their game it isn’t so much about the Texas ou game, which is a large part of it. It immediately calls into question the last game between the two coaches that occurred just last week. And if any discussion or conversation took place between Herman and a lame duck coach in Beatty. If such a discussion did occur about a possible future relationship between the two did occur PRIOR to the Texas Kansas game concerning a future arrangement that was not part of a required Big12 media event. A conversation that could now in fact be a huge problem if Herman can’t answer that question empathetically with “we never spoke” comment. And be absolutely sure that no record of a conversation exists, I believe he is good to go, Anything less then that becomes the smoking gun, even if the conversation they had was 100% innocuous.

And why typically opposing coaches typically find a way to hire the guy, as opposed to “consulting” him. And seldom in the same season. Under similar circumstances.

It simply has bad optics for everyone involved. Especially if you dig into the game totals for Pooka, and the Kansas receivers numbers for the game. A game they only lost by a single score, a game where one play could have changed the outcome. And prevented Texas from the CG. 

Armed with that, one could direct some very tough questions to Herman. Who has shown difficulty in the past handling really tough questions. Questions that didn’t have any where near the implications that these questions would have. 

Just one man’s opinion, as we will see soon enough how those in power feel about it doing something that normally is not done. At least not at Texas.

What in God’s Holy Name are you blathering about?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:
5 hours ago, UTEX90 said:
Any tips for a Jerryworld first timer?  Parking, etc.  I'm driving up from Houston that morning.

Jack in the box right outside the stadium. Also walmart supercenter for viewing of crying sooners after the game.

They will start arriving there around 1:00 for those that don’t make it into stadium.  I suggest going back to electronics department to watch the ending of the game while you enjoy the trailer park tears.

Flashback: Recalling that time we traveled to Norman to learn why Sooners seem have a year-round fixation on Longhorns

This story appeared in the Oct. 9, 2004 editions of The News:

By BRAD TOWNSEND

Staff Writer

NORMAN, Okla. - Mack Brown might as well have planted a noogie on Bob Stoops' impeccably groomed noggin and thumbed his nose at the entire state of Oklahoma.

Texas' football coach lit a firestorm last summer when he noted that whenever Oklahoma beats Texas, Sooners fans tend to talk about it all year.

Conversely, according to Brown, when Texas beats Oklahoma, "We just go on to the next game."

Well, the dissenting howls resonated clear 'cross the Red River. And one has to believe Brown's words will serve as incentive today when No. 2 Oklahoma squares off against No. 5 Texas in the Cotton Bowl.

But in Brown's defense, the ensuing months seem to have validated his point to some extent. Sooners fans do seem to have a year-round thing about Texas.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/11/27/recalling-time-traveled-norman-learn-sooners-seem-year-round-fixation-longhorns

Haven't read the entire thread but I have predictions:

- Texas is going to score points. A lot of points.

- Defense is going to be focused and not let up in the 4th Quarter this time.

- While down 3 scores in the 4th quarter with under 10 minutes to play, Murray is going to fake an ankle injury so he can sit out the rest of the game and push the narrative that they could have won if he didn't get hurt. He'll basically be okay 2 days later but will sit out the bowl game.

- Hager will have a postgame interview where he'll cut off his hair while asking everyone what time it is and then just giving the camera a look after finding out.

- The refs have a meeting to try to figure out how to tell Bowlsby that they'r tried to screw us but didn't get enough opportunities.

- Riley leaves ou after two losses to Texas in the same season for the Cleveland job and continues to suck.

• Like 1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

I would not mind seeing LJH get some carries in wildcat this weekend. 6 carries for 25 yards so far this year.

Teams have started to bracket him and we need to find a way to get him touches. OU also struggles handling big/physical runners. 

Thought this same thing today. I believe he ran a wildcat pass on the goaline vs OU this year. Would be a formation OU probably hasn't prepared for much.

• Like 1

I would not mind seeing LJH get some carries in wildcat this weekend. 6 carries for 25 yards so far this year.
Teams have started to bracket him and we need to find a way to get him touches. OU also struggles handling big/physical runners. 

We dominated them for most of the game in the cotton bow because we have a huge advantage at WR against their undersized corners. Do it again.

20 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

We dominated them for most of the game in the cotton bow because we have a huge advantage at WR against their undersized corners. Do it again.

The literally could do nothing to stop Colin Johnson. It was comical. This needs to be the gameplan on Saturday.

• Like 2

Does anyone know why LHN has no pregame show scgeduled for the CCG? No post-game show either. I looked at the schedule to record both and there was nothing there except college swimming.

Would there be a chance they will show them anyway regardless of what my guide says since it is an unscheduled game? Or is there some kind of restriction since it is a championship game?