Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

2 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

We will not get any love or respect from the news guys. Won’t get picked by anyone. This OU team will be the greatest team in Big 12 history. Sounds like 2005 and USC. Every article stating how great OU is should be posted on the Texas locker room wall. 

I like it better this way. We're better as scrappy underdogs right now. 

Wanted WVU but since that didn't happen...

We have a chance on Sat to finally put an end to the BS that is the sooners/this conf and the shitshow Mack left us.  Beat them twice, win the Big 12, take the Heisman away, take away the playoff chance, EVERYTHING.  We gave them one gimmie year while we changed from our clusterfuck/ 3 year not quite as bad John Blake-like decision.

we might be a bit ahead of schedule but we own this rivalry.  Its time to drive a stake to the heart and start a streak of our own.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gaelic said:

OU has the psychological edge

Pfft, whatever. Texas gave them their only loss. Only when Texas stupidly tried to protect the lead was OU able to shore up the 3 touchdown deficit. Texas has what it takes to beat them convincingly, and they know it. OU is one good hit away on their pussy QB from folding like a cheap tent.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I have a good feeling about this game, only because right after Texas beat OU the first time, everyone was just saying it was luck and OU was the better team. Now OU is favored by almost a touchdown. This team just has to feel disrespected by that.

we controlled the first game. the only thing that happened was Herman went into his every game shut down the offense because we are up three touchdowns crap and it ended up close. but it is always beating a team twice. us being the underdog will help us in that regard.

We beat their ass for 3 1/2 quarters. They were visibly whipped. Save a few blown plays and our conservative 4th quarter, it would have been a blowout.
They will get all the accolades this week, but still can’t handle the physical game coming. Take another loss, pussy.

It looked like they were on the verge of quitting, or already had when they broke a long td. Herman needs to try and break the scoreboard if at all possible. Tell Orlando not to play any type of prevent nonsense either.

55 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Pfft, whatever. Texas gave them their only loss. Only when Texas stupidly tried to protect the lead was OU able to shore up the 3 touchdown deficit. Texas has what it takes to beat them convincingly, and they know it. OU is one good hit away on their pussy QB from folding like a cheap tent.

He folds like a cheap tent any time someone gets within 10 yards of him.   

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

We will not get any love or respect from the news guys. Won’t get picked by anyone. This OU team will be the greatest team in Big 12 history. Sounds like 2005 and USC. Every article stating how great OU is should be posted on the Texas locker room wall. 

I thought I heard Desmond say Texas should win again on Game Day, because we are playing better and consistent on both sides of the ball. I'd prefer the underdog role again but people were pointing out Kansas put 40 on them in Norman and then we held them to 17 the following week. 

Either way, fuck OU. 

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

I have a good feeling about this game, only because right after Texas beat OU the first time, everyone was just saying it was luck and OU was the better team. Now OU is favored by almost a touchdown. This team just has to feel disrespected by that.

Maybe we'll beat them by almost a touchdown.

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They think that the 4th quarter is how the whole game should have gone, that they finally started playing well. 

Hopefully the next game starts the same way the first one did, and they have an oh shit moment. 

This is exactly what all my sooner coworkers have been saying. That the 4th quarter was the real game and that is how they really play. Ok pussy

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They think that the 4th quarter is how the whole game should have gone, that they finally started playing well. 

Hopefully the next game starts the same way the first one did, and they have an oh shit moment. 

I don't get this take.  Why do you think this? 

All year we've gone into bubbles of playing less aggressive in both sides of the ball and allowing opponents to shut us down and score at will when we lead in the fourth.

This wasn't ou waking up, it was a repeated strategic flaw we've shown all year after building a lead in the fourth. 

What makes you think the first three quarters of ou are more the abberation vs the fourth quarter where we're clearly playing to preserve a three TD lead? 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

Oklahoma's last 4 games...

Beat Tech by 5
Beat Oklahoma State by 1
Beat Kansas by 15
Beat West Virginia by 3

Texas plays in close games basically because they choose to by going conservative in the 4th quarter.  Oklahoma plays in close games because they are simply can't get stops.

If Sam's healthy, I really think the game looks exactly like the last one in Dallas.  Texas' defense finds a way to get a couple stops or turnovers early, Oklahoma's defense does not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Lol. OU can barely beat KU by a TD. Game may be toss up but the points are a gift.  

At first I was annoyed we had to play them again, but then I realized that this is the first time our stupid ass conference actually helped us. If the Big 12 used the round robin schedule to determine a conference champ, which would make sense, we'd have no shot. Luckily for us, the Big 12 is reactionary and dumb, so we get a shot to steal away the trophy from a team that finished the year with a better record than us. And we can spoil their chance at the playoffs as well. We can really just shit all over their season again on Saturday morning. I say we do it. 

• Like 5

Holy shit, just now recovering from my 3 day drunk, but when is the last time we played the gooners anywhere but the cotton bowl?

It wasn't possible for two meetings in the BCS days..and regardless of venue, first time to play twice in the same season.

16 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

At first I was annoyed we had to play them again, but then I realized that this is the first time our stupid ass conference actually helped us. If the Big 12 used the round robin schedule to determine a conference champ, which would make sense, we'd have no shot. Luckily for us, the Big 12 is reactionary and dumb, so we get a shot to steal away the trophy from a team that finished the year with a better record than us. And we can spoil their chance at the playoffs as well. We can really just shit all over their season again on Saturday morning. I say we do it. 

If nothing else, we definitely owe them for 2008 when we won head-to-head by double digits and were the better team, yet the stupid B12 rules kept us out of the B12 CG and consequently cost us a shot at the NC.

Beating them twice this year and screwing their season to hell is going to be a lot of fun.  Paybacks are a bitch.

Dear Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus Herman, don't even know a word yet, just a little infant, so cuddly, but still omnipotent.

Please beat OU’s ass on Saturday so that they have to tuck tail and slink back across the border of this mighty state, having sucked ass and lost their opportunity to compete in the playoffs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Considering that 0U is the only shot XII has at the Beauty Contest Grand Finale, I'll be pretty surprised if the reffing isn't slanted just a wee little bit their way. Not quite as blatant as some games, but...

Oh no, it'll be blatant, because it will have to be.  Otherwise Texas is going to kick their asses and run them off the field.

• Like 1