Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

4 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

Texas better win this damn game, I can't stand the thought of Kyler with  shit eating grin on his face after a performance that lands him the Heisman as well.  Texas MUST WIN this game. 

This. The very idea of losing this game is hateful. Texas MUST WIN.

Edited by Valmy77

4 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

OU is going to be super pumped, especially that bitch ass Ewok.   OU has the psychological edge, while Texas may have the schematic edge depending on who is able to play.

Based on what? 

Do you not think our guys will be super pumped to beat our rival for the chance to win our school's first conference championship in nearly a decade? 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Btw we were the best team in the country in 08. Absolute horseshit an inferior OU team got to play for the title. We would have beat UF.

This is their only championship appearance since 2004 and they basically lucked into it. Well it won't happen again.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

This is their only championship appearance since 2004 and they basically lucked into it. Well it won't happen again.

Let's just please for the love of God not let it happen again. I hope BJ Foster ruins Kyler's MLB career in one play. 

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Based on what? 

Do you not think our guys will be super pumped to beat our rival for the chance to win our school's first conference championship in nearly a decade? 

Gaelic is a moron. We will be frothing at the mouth to beat these fucks again. These are the games Herman knows how to coach for.

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Based on what? 

Based on the concept that it is a tall order to beat the same top level team twice in the same season and motivating this Texas team might not be nearly as easy as motivating this Oklahoma team who will naturally be out for revenge.   The psychological match-up during the next several days will be even bigger than the physical match-up on the field next week.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, Gaelic said:

The psychological match-up during the next several days will be even bigger than the physical match-up on the field next week.  

We will win both of those matchups. Shut the fuck up.

Sorry - not trying to be a dick. I'm drunk and about to hit the hay. Signing off. Hook em, bud.

Edited by ztejas

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This - and I'm not a T shirt fan at all. I was at the game Ricky broke the record as a toddler. I live and die Texas football and where I graduated doesn't change that one bit. I escaped Austin because it was a good life decision for me.

I will be a diehard Horns fan until I die. Anyone that tells me otherwise can fuck off.

I was at the Ricky game when I was a student at UT.  I'll bet I drank more than your toddler weight in beer that day.....damn I'm old now.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

Based on the concept that it is a tall order to beat the same top level team twice in the same season and motivating this Texas team might not be nearly as easy as motivating this Oklahoma team who will naturally be out for revenge.   The psychological match-up during the next several days will be even bigger than the physical match-up on the field next week.  

It's not a tall order. Kyler is only 5'4" tall.

You're welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

Revenge games are funny.  Teams definitely get hyped up for them, but they don't always play well. 

I remember when our team was frothing at the mouth to take down Taysom Hill and BYU in Austin. 

Or when we got our chance at revenge against Maryland on their home turf.

Being pissed you lost to a team once and really wanting to beat them the second try doesn't always mean you will.

I also don't buy that it's going to be hard to motivate our guys for this game.  If it is, we don't deserve to win it. 

• Like 2

OUs defense was utterly laughable against WVU and even Kansas for fuck sake. They only ended up winning tonight because they targetted one of WVU's best players early and weren't called for it. His replacement shoved a sooner out of bounds late, negating a 50+ yard play that flipped the game. Fuck OU right in the pussy

44 minutes ago, Gaelic said:

Quit being a fucking pussy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Gaelic is a moron. We will be frothing at the mouth to beat these fucks again. These are the games Herman knows how to coach for.

He’s a troll. Why has he not been crowdsourced yet? He’s been trolling since he created the handle 24 hours ago. 

7 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Revenge games are funny.  Teams definitely get hyped up for them, but they don't always play well. 

I remember when our team was frothing at the mouth to take down Taysom Hill and BYU in Austin. 

Or when we got our chance at revenge against Maryland on their home turf.

Being pissed you lost to a team once and really wanting to beat them the second try doesn't always mean you will.

I also don't buy that it's going to be hard to motivate our guys for this game.  If it is, we don't deserve to win it. 

Nebraska talked about 0:01* all offseason and then let Garrett Gilbert run all over them on their home field

• Like 4

Health of Sam and BJones gonna play a factor in B12 CCG.  Sam was definitely not anywhere close to 100% against KU.  

Would really like to see HORNS play better on special teams including Dicker The  Kicker not kicking two out of bounds on kickoffs.....

Containment of Kyler by rushers including a few shots to his ribs when he's throwing the ball would go a long way towards a TEXAS victory.

HORNS have to run the ball effectively to beat BlowU next Saturday..... 🤘

19 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Said it last night in the game thread. We get everyone's best shot for four quarters, and everyone else just lays over for OU. 

This is some weird ass complex y’all have. It’s just an excuse for when y’all play down to an opponent. 

OU is trying to four-peat the Big 12 Championship. Something thats never been done. You think teams just roll over for OU?

Edited by Constant
  • Fuck You 1

Thing is Texas will reduce the number of opportunities OU has with the ball just due to the difference in play calling approach/philosophy.

You won't see the 1 play score/50+yd score from UT that happens in 45 seconds and gives OU 3-4 extra possessions a game.

You will see soul sucking 9-12 play drives over 5+mins that wear down OU gradually and keep Murray on bench.

OU has done zero to improve their defense since RRS. Texas is healthier (minus Jones) than they've been in a while.

Set aside 5 mins in 4th qtr in the last game and Texas pistol whipped OU, I don't see OU having any psychological edge. (especially on Defense)

If Texas can guard against the BS little release pass to FB/TE in the middle (always kill Texas) and shut down the run game, it won't be close.

We’re going to fucking win.  Our guys will be more fired up for this game than anything the shit eaters can muster.  We already beat that ass once.  We will beat that ass again and leave no doubt.  Murray is a mercenary, not a leader.  He’s also a gaping pussy.  A gaping pussy who needs to take the loss.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gaelic said:

Take the loss, pussy.

24 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Thing is Texas will reduce the number of opportunities OU has with the ball just due to the difference in play calling approach/philosophy.

You won't see the 1 play score/50+yd score from UT that happens in 45 seconds and gives OU 3-4 extra possessions a game.

You will see soul sucking 9-12 play drives over 5+mins that wear down OU gradually and keep Murray on bench.

OU has done zero to improve their defense since RRS. Texas is healthier (minus Jones) than they've been in a while.

Set aside 5 mins in 4th qtr in the last game and Texas pistol whipped OU, I don't see OU having any psychological edge. (especially on Defense)

If Texas can guard against the BS little release pass to FB/TE in the middle (always kill Texas) and shut down the run game, it won't be close.

We definitely play a style of ball more suited to give ou fits than wvu does.  Riley loves the shootouts like the wvu game.  His team practices that way and is very comfortable competing in them.

Games like our game and the army game put them more out of rhythm.  Even within our game, you saw their offense out of rhythm and then find a rhythm.  Obviously the key is not letting them find one. 

For as good as ou is, I love that Herman is building a team designed to play a game they're least comfortable playing.  I'd much rather be built in this way vs going head to head in their preferred style of play like we saw last night. 

8 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

We definitely play a style of ball more suited to give ou fits than wvu does.  Riley loves the shootouts like the wvu game.  His team practices that way and is very comfortable competing in them.

Games like our game and the army game put them more out of rhythm.  Even within our game, you saw their offense out of rhythm and then find a rhythm.  Obviously the key is not letting them find one. 

For as good as ou is, I love that Herman is building a team designed to play a game they're least comfortable playing.  I'd much rather be built in this way vs going head to head in their preferred style of play like we saw last night. 

I also noticed Kyler The Pussy never stands tall in the pocket, makes the throw and takes the hit. If he's under any kind of pressure, he'll bail or the throw is off. That Grier douche-nozzle was standing there and taking hits all game while dropping some dimes. 

So basically, pressure the pussy, keep contain, and we should be good. Don't pressure him and we'll get carved up like the 4th quarter of the last one. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Don't pressure him and we'll get carved up like the 4th quarter of the last one. 

If anything, wvu proved the viability of the rush three, drop eight, give Murray a full minute to wait for someone to get open option.  Pressure is essential, but pressure with contain is tricky.  It's why he is legitimately hard to defend.  But we've done it once, and our young players are only better now.