Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)

The Tower

25 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Yeah, can someone translate that for me?

Is he saying he's not going anywhere in order to support his son chasing his dream there?  If that's not the case, then why even mention that at all?  I don't get it. It's like he's shutting the door and leaving it open simultaneously.

I think it's something like, "I'm somewhat interested, but if I don't take the job, I want everyone to think I was never interested."

• Like 1

Venables taking the Tech job would be dumb. He can stay at Clemson and wait for the right Top-20 program job to open up...don't ruin your coaching stock trying to rebuild the Tech defense. I do think Holgorsen makes a lot of sense...even though it would seem like a lateral move, for him it would be easier to bring in talent by recruiting Texas

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Can Tech pay more than WVU? Why would Holgorsen leave Morgantown?

Tech boss said Holgorsen doesn't necessarily see eye-to-eye with the AD/admin there at WVU.

Venables sounds pretty wishy-washy. Maybe he wants to coach Clemson through the end of the season before making any kind of move.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:19 AM, ButtFumble said:

I don't post as a voice of Texas Tech dumb ass I just know that not all Tech fans are penis leechers and that the ones with common sense wish to put more distance from the leech days of over paying for beating bad teams and shitting the bed in big games

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20181125/texas-tech-dismisses-kliff-kingsbury-after-third-consecutive-sub-500-season

fortunately for real Tech fans (vs cult of mike members) it looks like Tech is not looking at Seth Litterll or Neal Brown (that probably would have said "PASS")

buttfumble = craig james? Adam James?

cjk5h

20 hours ago, Augustus said:

So how full of shit, or not, is Don Williams of the Avalanche Journal?

The dude is tweeting that two sources have told him that Leach is open to returning to Tech, and the donors are pushing to make it happen.

giphy.gif 

Yeah, Leach isn't ever going back to Tech.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

buttfumble = craig james? Adam James?

cjk5h

Rumypal from raiderpower.   Posts the company line just like that motherfucker.

Edited by slorch

Heard this exact same thing from a very good friend who went to Tech 10-14 days ago. Apparently, there are a couple of Leach's former players who have gotten stupid rich in West Texas and will personally pay what Tech owes him to get him to come back to Lubbock.

You talking about the guys at Double Eagle? They will pay him but there are BOR members that won’t allow that to happen.

I agree that Leach is very highly unlikely to go back to LBK regardless of how much money they throw at him.  I can see a situation however, where some surprising dollars are thrown at a more proven talent than a coordinator getting his first time HC or a young HC stepping up from a small school to P5. 

I'm told the reason that KK kept his job as long as he did is that a small group of alums (including some of KK's former teammates) who have made a lot of money in oil & gas told the AD that they would make a $10MM/year contribution to the athletic department as long as KK is the head coach.  If he were to be fired, that annual donation would go away.  Obviously that changed now.  That group alone could make a sizable dent into the new coaching staff's salaries, even a very elite/proven coach.

let's keep the troll going then...

Holgie is wearing out his welcome on 8 game seasons in Morgantown so he packs up his bags and heads to Lubbock.

WVU, who makes far more than Tech, then calls Leach, who currently hates the Pac 12, and says bring your clown show to the east coast.

Leach then repeatedly pounds Holgie's dick into the dirt while screaming, "pay me for my 9 wins mothafucka!"

Coach Bro backfills in Pullman

Edited by Hurtlocker

40 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

let's keep the troll going then...

Holgie is wearing out his welcome on 8 game seasons in Morgantown so he packs up his bags and heads to Lubbock.

WVU, who makes far more than Tech, then calls Leach, who currently hates the Pac 12, and says bring your clown show to the east coast.

Leach then repeatedly pounds Holgie's dick into the dirt while screaming, "pay me for my 9 wins mothafucka!"

Coach Bro backfills in Pullman

The carousel in full effect

Just now, DeadArmadillo said:

How do you block posters on this site?  Can you?

And yes, I believe Butt Fumble is rodrod

Assuming butt is also an RP poster, there are only a handful of possibilities, as the number of people in the world, not just limiting it to message board users, who still defend Tuberville as a Tech coach has to be down to single digits at this point.

Anyhow, hover over the profile pic and you'll get a pop up with "Ignore User" as an option at the bottom.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

If I stuck my dick in a gloryhole, would I be able to tell the difference if it were you or he on the other side? Probably not.

yea we both would have the same laugh at your stupidity of sticking your dick in a hole

besides how would you do that while sucking off mike at the same time

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Based on how stone dead quiet this has been, with the regular "in the know" people not even knowing, I'm betting it's Venables and there won't be any announcement until after the ACC championship game.

That would be a home run hire for Tech so it's likely not going to happen.

• immamac changed the title to Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)