Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)

The Tower

We may be getting Leach back. Two of his former players have gotten wealthy in the oil business. Cody Campbell and John Sellers. 

So evidently they have put together a package for $100 million for Tech facilities and it includes making Leach whole from 09, the Wazzou buyout, etc. 

This was a rumor yesterday. 

Then this plane tracking bullshit got going today that has sucked 9 hours of my life. Double Eagles plane is about to land in Lubbock from Pullman. 

Fuckin A if this is real. 

10 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

We may be getting Leach back. Two of his former players have gotten wealthy in the oil business. Cody Campbell and John Sellers. 

So evidently they have put together a package for $100 million for Tech facilities and it includes making Leach whole from 09, the Wazzou buyout, etc. 

This was a rumor yesterday. 

Then this plane tracking bullshit got going today that has sucked 9 hours of my life. Double Eagles plane is about to land in Lubbock from Pullman. 

Fuckin A if this is real. 

Lol...tracking planes.  Sign of a true degenerate.  And I’ve been there.  Is Leach’s wife house shopping yet?  

Just fucking around...pirates don’t get married.  

The Pirate had a pretty humble house in a nice but not the best hood in Lubbock.  Uncle was a few houses down.  /CSB

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol...tracking planes.  Sign of a true degenerate.  And I’ve been there.  Is Leach’s wife house shopping yet?  

Just fucking around...pirates don’t get married.  

The Pirate had a pretty humble house in a nice but not the best hood in Lubbock.  Uncle was a few houses down.  /CSB

There is also mucho recruiting going on right now with Wazzu's final regular season game having been played and Texas high schools in 3rd round of POs. It's like lions waiting at the watering hole, with regard to more talent being on the field at once.  That flight aware tracking is a fool's errand for this particular scenario.

Edited by slorch

The only reason Leach should go back to Tech is to take a giant shit on them. Having lost his lawsuit against them, I would be shocked that he would have no hard feelings. Tech has plenty of resources to go get a coach with Texas High School connections. I would go get TCU offensive coordinator or former CU coach Mcintyre, or even consider writing Harsen a check.

Just now, Alien Octopus said:

The only reason Leach should go back to Tech is to take a giant shit on them. Having lost his lawsuit against them, I would be shocked that he would have no hard feelings. Tech has plenty of resources to go get a coach with Texas High School connections. I would go get TCU offensive coordinator or former CU coach Mcintyre, or even consider writing Harsen a check.

If he did return, and I'm not saying my feelings aren't similar to yours that you should never let someone hurt you twice; but he WOULD have big money booster support that is backing him in a huge way this time.  

The Leach to Tech rumors are trolling on a different level if its not true.  I still say no way it happens and this is nothing more than crazy rumors. There is an actual pulse on the old RP football board.  A near death pulse that is filled with idiots, but a pulse no less.

If USC hires Kingsbury, it instantly gives the school a larger pipeline to recruit the world's best athletes in the Lone Star State...

10 hours ago - Kliff Kingsbury has not interviewed for the USC offensive coordinator job yet. That could change after today but nothing has happened yet and ...

Leach has a unique ego. So I can see him wanting to return and take on more power. I can see him figuratively lining whats left of the traitorous cabal for execution. 

When he first arrived at Tech his boss Myers was hamstringing his recruiting budget for fucking postage. As he built up the program with bowl wins. The push-pull between the two would grow. You do that shit for 9 years and then lose your job over some bullshit that is made into a national circus...then end up in Pullman. 

That sticks in your craw. So much so every time someone mentions Tech he is happy to remind them of their old sins against him. 

So the whole ex players gets rich and wants to throw the money to right the wrong scenario is right up Leach alley. 

I can see this happening. 

Fuck RP. 

9 hours ago, Modessit said:

I'm pretty sure that if Leach was thinking about going back to Lubbock - after everything that went down with his departure and aftermath - that he'd make them come to him.

He's not thinking about going back to Lubbock; he's just leveraging tt against Wazoo for an extension/more money.

7 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Leach has a unique ego. So I can see him wanting to return and take on more power. I can see him figuratively lining whats left of the traitorous cabal for execution. 

When he first arrived at Tech his boss Myers was hamstringing his recruiting budget for fucking postage. As he built up the program with bowl wins. The push-pull between the two would grow. You do that shit for 9 years and then lose your job over some bullshit that is made into a national circus...then end up in Pullman. 

That sticks in your craw. So much so every time someone mentions Tech he is happy to remind them of their old sins against him. 

So the whole ex players gets rich and wants to throw the money to right the wrong scenario is right up Leach alley. 

I can see this happening. 

Fuck RP. 

Are you suggesting Campbell may be pretty damned deliberate( convincing) when he swings his sword, now?

I'm conflicted.  I agree with the line of thought in your post, but I could also see Leach as the type to say "Never again, mofos."  He's in a relatively good spot where he is appreciated now.

What would Geronimo do?

20 minutes ago, slorch said:

Are you suggesting Campbell may be pretty damned deliberate( convincing) when he swings his sword, now?

I'm conflicted.  I agree with the line of thought in your post, but I could also see Leach as the type to say "Never again, mofos."  He's in a relatively good spot where he is appreciated now.

What would Geronimo do?

Leach would not see it as leaving Pullman. He would see it as an oppurtunity to vindicate. 

He knows he is never getting his day in court. He is never going to get to depose the principals. He was certain of being right back then, and I just think he’d relish the adulation of him back on the throne in Lubbock. I believe he would see it as greater than winning in court. 

Lets face it. This is the show we all want to see. 

Edited by Doyle Hargreaves
I cant spell

All he’d really need to say is,” There were some who said I didn’t want to be here bad enough, so they forced me out. Now they’re gone and here I am.  Let’s talk about Alan Bowman and getting our o-line where it needs to be”

2 hours ago, Jack Wilson said:

He's not thinking about going back to Lubbock; he's just leveraging tt against Wazoo for an extension/more money.

at this point I am not sure WSU has much more money to give their athletics department is bleeding money and already owes the "academic side" a pretty substantial amount of money and any further money from that over and above "the usual" has been cut off

and they have some projects they still need to fund and have had a hard time getting funded

I doubt mike would come back to Tech and hopefully Tech is not that stupid either and hopefully people are just doing this to fuck with his recruiting and to put doubts in his recruits minds as payback for all his stupid shit in Lubbock lately

• immamac changed the title to Kliff Kingsbury is out as Tech coach - Introducing Matt Wells! (Utah St.)