Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I don't think it gets much more intense than this footage.
This is again from the Bakhmut side about 3 weeks ago, uploaded a little over a week ago. It's a full on assault against an entrenched Russian position, first with assault troops, then after initial success they have to call in reinforcements, including an M113. After moving forward they encounter more resistance and finally bring in a tank. I think it's a T-72, but honestly I'm talking out of my ass on that one. It's just a guess. 
Pucker up before hitting play on this one. This is the real deal. The brass balls on these assault teams is real. 

Am I wrong to think that some of the tactics seem shitty? The one KIA was just walking up holding one or 2 rifles and behind no cover while the go pro dude had the tree between him and the nest.

Seems like they could really use a flamethrower.
I don't think it gets much more intense than this footage.
This is again from the Bakhmut side about 3 weeks ago, uploaded a little over a week ago. It's a full on assault against an entrenched Russian position, first with assault troops, then after initial success they have to call in reinforcements, including an M113. After moving forward they encounter more resistance and finally bring in a tank. I think it's a T-72, but honestly I'm talking out of my ass on that one. It's just a guess. 
Pucker up before hitting play on this one. This is the real deal. The brass balls on these assault teams is real. 

Am I wrong to think that some of the tactics seem shitty? The one KIA was just walking up holding one or 2 rifles and behind no cover while the go pro dude had the tree between him and the nest.

34 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Honestly this shit should be on broadcast. 

It’s amazing to me that so many people I meet and have a conversation about the war have no idea there was a dam destroyed. Literally, no idea. Never mind all the other horseshit that’s gone on with it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

He probably should have listened to go pro dude and gone left to flank. 

My guess is it’s being shown to other assault teams regarding how quickly you can die out there if you’re being stupid. You can die out there being real smart, too, so why increase the odds? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

He probably should have listened to go pro dude and gone left to flank. 

My guess is it’s being shown to other assault teams regarding how quickly you can die out there if you’re being stupid. You can die out there being real smart, too, so why increase the odds? 

Exactly. See my previous post. Go pro was giving commands to flank and that dude was just strolling straight into fire like he was headed to the bar. Tragic.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I noticed Go-Pro wasn't all that torn up about it. I bet he was thinking "this will make a great video of what NOT to do".... 

Also they kinda glossed over the fact that the last 20 orcs in that fight were just flattened out by the tank. Makes you realize just how dumb that idiot was for walking into those bullets. "Hey Mylosh... just lay down for a few minutes and our tank will steamroll the whole position".... "nah I think I'll stand straight up for a bit and see if I don't get killed". 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

They will get ATACMS some day, but being able to fire US supplied weapons into Russia would require a different administration. That’s not cloak room. I’m grateful to this administration for their support of Ukraine. I don’t see another candidate out there that would do more. But it’s obvious they are prepared to withdraw support if Ukraine uses US provided assets to enter Russia. 

I hate it, but it is what it is. 

I hear what you're saying, but perhaps it hasn't crossed your mind that the US and the Brits are the most arduous supporters of Urkraine and neither one of them wants Ukraine to use their weapons to attack Russia.  I would be willing to bet this is to protect Ukraine's broad international support.  Russia is the aggressor here, If Ukraine starts attacking into Russia it's a much dicier proposition internationally and it gives cover to elements in supporting countries that want to end support for Ukraine.  It's not a leash law, it's just good looking out and keeping support high for the cause so that aid can readily flow.

• Hook 'Em 2

Russian Sources are reporting that Russian Units have once again been Forced to Withdraw from the Town of P'yatykhatky on the “Lubkove” Frontline in the Zaporizhzhia Region, they further admit that Ukrainian Forces including Infantry and Mechanized Equipment have been able to Establish a “Foothold” in the Settlement most likely for an upcoming Advance on the City of Vasylivka, but that Russian Artillery is continue to Strike these Positions inside and the outside of P'yatykhatky.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

The thing about cholera and other water borne diseases is once they start spreading it’s really hard to stop them.  It requires a concerted and deliberate cleanup with delivery of clean water and sanitation improvements which are tough to accomplish in peace time.  Given the Russians lack of any rear echelon organization this could get ugly fast.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Thanks. The BBC article confirms my prior post about disposable Russian troops. 

It’s not good news, not what we want to hear, but Ukraine needs to hear it and adapt, too. 

Now I’m wondering if Prighozin’s rants are fakes, maybe just theatre to keep Wagner morale up before they’re marched into the fire.  

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/16/2023 at 1:18 PM, KYHorn said:

I haven’t seen it explicitly stated, so maybe that is the answer, but we’re any of these delegates that had to rush to bomb shelters from BRICS? Wasn’t South Africa trying to get out of hosting because they didn’t want to deal with the arrest warrant? Surely no country would want to host if their own delegates were targeted

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I haven’t seen it explicitly stated, so maybe that is the answer, but we’re any of these delegates that had to rush to bomb shelters from BRICS? Wasn’t South Africa trying to get out of hosting because they didn’t want to deal with the arrest warrant? Surely no country would want to host if their own delegates were targeted

Some of those guys have been around the game of politics and/or have survived dealing with various European powers for decades.

They knew that the attack on Kyiv while they were there was a message from Putin.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Remember that South Africa has done war games drills with Russia and also supplied them with weapons. They don't care.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Russian Sources are reporting that Russian Units have once again been Forced to Withdraw from the Town of P'yatykhatky on the “Lubkove” Frontline in the Zaporizhzhia Region, they further admit that Ukrainian Forces including Infantry and Mechanized Equipment have been able to Establish a “Foothold” in the Settlement most likely for an upcoming Advance on the City of Vasylivka, but that Russian Artillery is continue to Strike these Positions inside and the outside of P'yatykhatky.

i remain a master strategist

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

The thing about cholera and other water borne diseases is once they start spreading it’s really hard to stop them.  It requires a concerted and deliberate cleanup with delivery of clean water and sanitation improvements which are tough to accomplish in peace time.  Given the Russians lack of any rear echelon organization this could get ugly fast.

The problem is, this will hurt Ukrainians as well.

😡

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The problem is, this will hurt Ukrainians as well.

😡

Yes, but in theory, Western Europe can put a lot of fresh water (bottled or on tanker trucks) into the area and help them out.

Russia probably doesn't have that kind of capacity, or fresh water is way down the list of priorities for their cargo.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yes, but in theory, Western Europe can put a lot of fresh water (bottled or on tanker trucks) into the area and help them out.

Russia probably doesn't have that kind of capacity, or fresh water is way down the list of priorities for their cargo.

That Chechen war book, "One Soldier's War," discussed this.  They drank water downstream from dead bodies.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Fy6BobuWYAEtniv?format=jpg&name=medium

Damn, he outkicked his coverage at what, 15 years old?

No worries, there are plenty of divorced 40-something and 50-something American guys more than happy to marry her and raise his kid as their own.

edit: that’s assuming the kid was his, and not from some Jody banging his wife while he was gone.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fy6BobuWYAEtniv?format=jpg&name=medium

Damn, he outkicked his coverage at what, 15 years old?

No worries, there are plenty of divorced 40-something and 50-something American guys more than happy to marry her and raise his kid as their own.

edit: that’s assuming the kid was his, and not from some Jody banging his wife while he was gone.

Wood not. Hair seems tangly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm having a real hard time believing a Russian battalion decided to fight to the last man in a village that they couldn't find on a map, that wasn't in Russia, and that they gave no shits about.

There must have been a distillery there.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2