Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

59 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm having a real hard time believing a Russian battalion decided to fight to the last man in a village that they couldn't find on a map, that wasn't in Russia, and that they gave no shits about.

Maybe they shot each other over stolen loot. Just maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

NAFO stuff still cracks me up

Sorry for partying.

In all seriousness, PTSD will be bad for everyone involved in this shitfest, but in all honesty it may well be best that virtually all the Russians that are in Ukraine die there.  I have a good sense that the Ukrainians will do all that they can for their people (it won't make it easy), but that the Russians won't do shit for these guys and they are going to be a complete mess.  

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

In all seriousness, PTSD will be bad for everyone involved in this shitfest, but in all honesty it may well be best that virtually all the Russians that are in Ukraine die there.  I have a good sense that the Ukrainians will do all that they can for their people (it won't make it easy), but that the Russians won't do shit for these guys and they are going to be a complete mess.  

There's been folks talking about how Putin is literally sacrificing Russia's future over this - he's killed off  tens of thousands of Russian soldiers, and many tens of thousands more that are seriously wounded and will have trouble functioning in a society that gives no shits about them (and can't be held accountable for them). And then mentally, he's fucked tens of thousands more.  A lot of these guys are the ones Russia needed to be making lots of babies and helping provide for families in order to weather the coming demographic crisis, and they are not going to be capable of doing so.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's been folks talking about how Putin is literally sacrificing Russia's future over this - he's killed off  tens of thousands of Russian soldiers, and many tens of thousands more that are seriously wounded and will have trouble functioning in a society that gives no shits about them (and can't be held accountable for them). And then mentally, he's fucked tens of thousands more.  A lot of these guys are the ones Russia needed to be making lots of babies and helping provide for families in order to weather the coming demographic crisis, and they are not going to be capable of doing so.

All that is true, but a lot of the guys fighting are undesirables. So, fewer mouths to feed and more O&G loot for Moscow and St. Petersburg.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yes, but in theory, Western Europe can put a lot of fresh water (bottled or on tanker trucks) into the area and help them out.

Russia probably doesn't have that kind of capacity, or fresh water is way down the list of priorities for their cargo.

I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure portable water filtration systems can take care of this. Not sure how quickly they can be deployed but I don’t think you have to send in bottled or tankered potable water 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure portable water filtration systems can take care of this. Not sure how quickly they can be deployed but I don’t think you have to send in bottled or tankered potable water 

Yes for bacteria passive filters work.  But for troops on the move, and for non central distribution I think bottles will be needed.  The bigger issue is time.  A full on epidemic can happen quickly if sewage contaminated water is drunk.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

Yes for bacteria passive filters work.  But for troops on the move, and for non central distribution I think bottles will be needed.  The bigger issue is time.  A full on epidemic can happen quickly if sewage contaminated water is drunk.

Cholera isn’t really spread person to person. Not drinking sewage is what prevents an epidemic. 

well that and not eating ass

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Alex Jones' advertisers are creaming their pants. 

• Haha 1

Report from the front.

I've seen the one guy making wisecracks before on a different video in Bakhmut. 

Took a bunch of mortar shells. The translation keeps saying "mines" but apparently it's a problem with the Ukrainian to English translation. Ukrainian has a word "miny" which is used for a wide range of explosives, not just mines. About 9 1/2 minutes. Worth a watch, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm having a real hard time believing a Russian battalion decided to fight to the last man in a village that they couldn't find on a map, that wasn't in Russia, and that they gave no shits about.

The good news is if the South Ossetia Battalion is actually made up of "South Osettians" i.e. Russians illegally occupying another portion of a country, 300 men would represent a massive portion of the occupying force of that part of Georgia.

This kinda shit might allow Georgia to retake the 2 portions of their Country Russia stole in 2008

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I noticed Go-Pro wasn't all that torn up about it. I bet he was thinking "this will make a great video of what NOT to do".... 

Also they kinda glossed over the fact that the last 20 orcs in that fight were just flattened out by the tank. Makes you realize just how dumb that idiot was for walking into those bullets. "Hey Mylosh... just lay down for a few minutes and our tank will steamroll the whole position".... "nah I think I'll stand straight up for a bit and see if I don't get killed". 

I guess I am just curious why he did that.  I am hesitant to claim he was stupid but it made me wonder if there is a battle fatigue, mentally unfit, or if the guy just had shit for training/prep.   @InkaUtexas any ideas?

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I guess I am just curious why he did that.  I am hesitant to claim he was stupid but it made me wonder if there is a battle fatigue, mentally unfit, or if the guy just had shit for training/prep.   @InkaUtexas any ideas?

We got other better people than me on here. But here is my take and have seen it working with Recon/security teams. Never worked with assault teams. 

Shit moves fast. You sometimes can get ahead of yourself and others on the team don't know where everyone is. Had a guard go running at a Talib position just as our PK on the truck was about to open up. Was important since the PK's job was to hammer the ambush so we could get out. PK gunner held fire and we took a lot more rounds. 

I think he just moved forward, got caught up in the moment and fucked up. Fog of war and all that. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

boom smile GIF

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

That concussion wave could’ve killed the RPG shooter.

No soldiers in the tank - it was an old T-54 or T-60 or something loaded with explosives and was sent towards some Ukrainians.  VBIED.

And yeah, I would be surprised if the RPG crew weren't killed.

Or have the worst case of tinnitus the world has seen.

Listen Did You Hear That GIF by Mashed

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No soldiers in the tank - it was an old T-54 or T-60 or something loaded with explosives and was sent towards some Ukrainians.  VBIED.

And yeah, I would be surprised if the RPG crew weren't killed.

Or have the worst case of tinnitus the world has seen.

Listen Did You Hear That GIF by Mashed

Yeah, I realize the tank was remote controlled. 
But it looks like the Ukes were too close to survive a 6 ton detonation 

• Hook 'Em 2

Supposedly the tank contained 6 tons of explosive. No idea what type, but here is some googled info on what 1 ton can do….

Even given perfect intelligence and accuracy, most guided weapons in the 500- to 2000-lb range are sufficiently powerful to routinely cause some degree of collateral damage. This, because they carry hundreds of pounds of enhanced high-explosives wrapped in hundreds of pounds of steel – an obvious point, but one that has been too often occluded or overlooked.

A 2,000-lb bomb typically contains 945 pounds of tritonal, a TNT derivative that is about 20 percent more powerful than TNT. By comparison, the bomb that destroyed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on 19 April 1995, comprised approximately 5,000 pounds of ammonia nitrate mixed with fuel oil — the equivalent of nearly 4,000 pounds of TNT. The portable devices used by suicide bombers typically weigh between 10 and 35 pounds; these can carry a punch equivalent to 40 pounds of TNT if a plastic explosive (C-4) is used.

Most everything will be severely damaged, injured, destroyed, or killed within 20 meters of a 500-lb bomb blast and 35 meters of a 2000-lb blast. This lethal radius can be partly mitigated by detonation inside a large, compartmentalized building – however, as a Rand study points out: “While structures surely have some shielding effect, building collapse and spalling are secondary yet major causes of injury.” (pdf)

Averaged across different types of surfaces, a 2000-lb bomb will carve a crater 50 feet across and 16 feet deep; a 500-lb bomb will carve one 25 feet across and 8.5 feet deep. The probability of incapacitating injury to unprotected troops within 100 meters of a 2000-lb bomb blast in the open is 83 percent; for those between 100 and 200 meters it is 55 percent. (pdf)

Safe distances for unprotected troops are approximately 1,000 meters for 2000-lb bombs and 500 meters for 500-lb ones. Even protected troops are not entirely safe within 240 meters of a 2,000-lb bomb or 220 meters of a 500-lb bomb. [For sources and more information on blast effects see the note at bottom.]

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

We got other better people than me on here. But here is my take and have seen it working with Recon/security teams. Never worked with assault teams. 

Shit moves fast. You sometimes can get ahead of yourself and others on the team don't know where everyone is. Had a guard go running at a Talib position just as our PK on the truck was about to open up. Was important since the PK's job was to hammer the ambush so we could get out. PK gunner held fire and we took a lot more rounds. 

I think he just moved forward, got caught up in the moment and fucked up. Fog of war and all that. 

can I just say that...

InkaUtexas

I love this avatar

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

My Dad was a witness/guinea pig for the Army at a nuclear test in Nevada in 1956.

The troops were hunkered down in an 8’ deep trench only 1,000 yards from ground zero and the 20kt bomb tethered in a balloon to a steel tower to simulate an air burst.

After the detonation there were no immediate human casualties except for a couple of grunts who were cut up a bit from the shovelers after a part of a trench collapsed.

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

My Dad was a witness/guinea pig for the Army at a nuclear test in Nevada in 1956.

The troops were hunkered down in an 8’ deep trench only 1,000 yards from ground zero and the 20kt bomb tethered in a balloon to a steel tower to simulate an air burst.

After the detonation there were no immediate human casualties except for a couple of grunts who were cut up a bit from the shovelers after a part of a trench collapsed.

I don't know you well enough to say that this would explain some things, but.................

• Haha 8

They have really been fucking up the logistics centers, with this last one being the biggest impact (pun intended).

"We already knew that Rykove was an important logistics center for the Russian army, but the results of the destruction leave no doubt that this was a primary logistics center, containing thousands of tons of ammunition and fuel.

An event of that magnitude will have more impact on the battlefield then battalion of destroyed armored vehicles, and they are by far singular events. Russian logistics centers have been recently leveled in Melitopol, Tokmak, Berdyansk, Lazurne and Skadovsk, and probably even more cities."

Fy7rltVX0AQU7RO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I hope the Russian soldiers in that tank are okay. 

I read about a WWII English chaplain, assigned to a tank group, who made sure to tend to all the blown up tanks insides himself. He believed he was helping care for his flock by keeping them from seeing what happens if they’re in one that gets hit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1