Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

^Not familiar with that account, so some skepticism is warranted

Russian military blogger explains the importance of the Chongar bridge: it was best suited for the Russian military and civilian supply in Kherson region, it carried 70% of the traffic. While it can be repaired, Russia does not have reliable means to prevent cruise missile strikes in the area.

Screenshot_20230622-081954_Twitter.thumb.jpg.62afd89a5d4e7e4ddbe7f4d46ba4df3d.jpgScreenshot_20230622-082103_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f1d2ea058482cd3114b2c8679f79fec2.jpg

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Must have been a weak District Attorney.  

Yeah, that's a fucked up story I can read, but am not watching that video.  Wonderful conscription by the Russians.  Free 32,000 violent lunatics and then ask them to report to such-and-such a post in 48 hours.  And oh look, most of 'em didn't show up.  What the fuck?  This is maybe the most insane approach to modern infantry invasion that I can think of.  What are we missing here?  They're just purposely advertising their cannon fodder approach.  I'm too dumb to understand why'd that take that approach, but is it just state to NATO...we can flood the theater with hundreds of thousands of bodies just like all our historical warfighting campaigns and when Ukraine finally joins NATO and we've lost our annexations, that's when we'll bring in the real military/tactical nukes?  

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck.  From Zelenskyy 

We have just had a report from our intelligence and the Security Service of . Intelligence has received information that Russia is considering a scenario of a terrorist attack on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

A terrorist attack with radiation leakage. They have prepared everything for this. Unfortunately, I have repeatedly had to remind that radiation has no state borders, and who it will hit is determined only by the wind direction.

We share all available information with our partners – everyone in the world. All the evidence. Europe, America, China, Brazil, India, the Arab world, Africa – all countries, absolutely everyone should know this. International organizations. Everyone.

There should never be any terrorist attacks on nuclear power plants anywhere. This time it should not be like with Kakhovka – the world has been warned, so the world can and must act.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 6

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fuck.  From Zelenskyy 

We have just had a report from our intelligence and the Security Service of . Intelligence has received information that Russia is considering a scenario of a terrorist attack on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.

A terrorist attack with radiation leakage. They have prepared everything for this. Unfortunately, I have repeatedly had to remind that radiation has no state borders, and who it will hit is determined only by the wind direction.

We share all available information with our partners – everyone in the world. All the evidence. Europe, America, China, Brazil, India, the Arab world, Africa – all countries, absolutely everyone should know this. International organizations. Everyone.

There should never be any terrorist attacks on nuclear power plants anywhere. This time it should not be like with Kakhovka – the world has been warned, so the world can and must act.

I mean, it’s coming. Clear as day they’re going to fuck around and find out with that nuclear plant. 

I HOPE the US and NATO have an extreme response planned and have communicated it to Russia. 

I wish more was being done to educate the American people about what a danger Russia is to the civilized world and why they need to be severely curtailed here and now. I don’t see the kind of political will to do anything about that nuclear plant. It’s going to completely suck watching a meltdown occur feeling like more could and should have been done to stop it. 

• Hook 'Em 7

So there are literal prevalent southerly winds this time of year that would send radiation from Zaporizhzhia, across the Black Sea, down towards Turkey.  A tacit radioactive attack of a 70 year member of NATO.  I don't like where this is heading.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So there are literal prevalent southerly winds this time of year that would send radiation from Zaporizhzhia, across the Black Sea, down towards Turkey.  A tacit radioactive attack of a 70 year member of NATO.  I don't like where this is heading.  

That may well be the case - I don't know. But at this very moment, the wind is blowing from east to west.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=35.05,47.64,3945

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Nope.

A nuclear attack -- and that's what Russian destruction of the Zaporizhzhia plant would be -- that the attacker knows will affect and harm NATO states....means Article 5 can legitimately be invoked.

If Russia wants a conventional war with NATO, that's how to get it.  NATO pilots best be very, very ready.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

23 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That may well be the case - I don't know. But at this very moment, the wind is blowing from east to west.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=35.05,47.64,3945

macro winds.  Your current micro wind situation is even worse.  Blows into Romania, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Slovakia, and Hungary are within the current stream and range.  And they are full NATO members, all.  With all due respect to the people of Ukraine, this would be a far more dangerous provocation than an intra-theater tactical nuclear detonation.  

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

macro winds.  Your current micro wind situation is even worse.  Blows into Romania, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Slovakia, and Hungary are within the current stream and range.  And they are full NATO members, all.  With all due respect to the people of Ukraine, this would be a far more dangerous provocation than an intra-theater tactical nuclear detonation.  

I wasn't contradicting your point but was indicating, as you correctly state here, that wind would blow the radiation directly at our European NATO allies right now.

Oh yeah, it''s as the great Owen Wilson in "Armageddon" would say, "scariest environment imaginable."  I would construe it as an act of war.  Not sure what NATO or UN Security Council would think of it.  I know the EU has made some back channel efforts to indicate that there won't be a period of "Well, we have to initiate a blue ribbon panel of committees to look into the possibility that this was an accident and investigate appropriately."  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.

A nuclear attack -- and that's what Russian destruction of the Zaporizhzhia plant would be -- that the attacker knows will affect and harm NATO states....means Article 5 can legitimately be invoked.

If Russia wants a conventional war with NATO, that's how to get it.  NATO pilots best be very, very ready.  

I hope we’ve been saving lots of those several football fields pierced by tungsten pellets bombs.    Just fly over the trenches and bomb until we have a mile wide gap with no human life and then send the armor thru to the rear.   Any Russian air assets or antiaircraft missile defense responding just ceases to be. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I presume that if efforts weren't made to contain it, radiation would leak out for a very long time.  We know Russia would do nothing to contain, and reject any requests to come in.  So would NATO need to literally fight their way in, wearing protective gear, just so out people could try to slow down radiation release?

Wow.  Russia is a death cult.

Location of the town here. Ukrainians liberated P'yatykhatky just to its east a day or so ago. They're getting closer to Vasylivka, a much larger city, to the southwest.

Translation: In Belarus, near the M1 highway between Ivatsevichy and Baranovichy, a Russian Mi-24 helicopter landed and fell

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

UN could legitimately help preemptively - Russia wouldn't be able to fire on UN peacekeeping troops as it would immediately be kicked out of the UN, I would assume.

Yeah, I think this would have to be the way to go given the international nature of the threat, and it would personally be my wish: Send a UN peacekeeping force to protect a perimeter around ZPP.

Edit: Does someone know if that would require a unanimous vote on the security council?

Edited by bolverk

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I think this would have to be the way to go given the international nature of the threat, and it would personally be my wish: Send a UN peacekeeping force to protect a perimeter around ZPP.

Edit: Does someone know if that would require a unanimous vote on the security council?

I was thinking the UN couldn't do this because Russia could veto any action here.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My thinking too if it requires security council approval. 

It's a Security Council decision.  So, that idea is DOA.

If Russia wants to hold the region hostage to nuclear terrorism, all solutions involve regional powers taking action against Russia.   An alternate path is to let China know that, as Russia's pal, the regional powers at issue will hold China responsible for a nuclear attack by Russia -- and causing a meltdown on purpose would be deemed just such an attack.  And by "hold China responsible," I mean full secondary sanctions.  

China is the last significant power to hold any sway over Russia.  Hold them to that.

Otherwise, I presume that the full suite of NATO airpower is armed, fueled, and ready.  It damned well should be.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fuck.  From Zelenskyy 

What do you think the West should do about this if true?

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I see no point in humiliating POWs like that. 
Even Russians.

Agree.  It's against the rules of war, and makes Ukraine look shitty when they don't need to.

But, counterpoint: fuck 'em.  Captain Speirs shoulda offered 'em a cigarette. 

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

I just realized what today is.  And its meaning to Russia

June 22.

The Russian installed Military occupier Governor of the Kherson Oblast was at the sight of the bridge hit this morning, doing his absolute fucking best to imply that somehow Ukraine attacking today, June 22 is something that Russians should find unconscionable

which is fucking laughable... especially since the start of the offensive was  basically 2 weeks ago.

but Russia gonna Soviet Union as much as possible.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2