Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

I can't possibly imagine Russia leaving without a fight. Crimea seems immensely more important to them than the comparatively backwoods Donbas.

It's also in a precarious spot with limited fresh water, the ability to resupply under threat, and only one or two egress points also increasingly under threat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

How Russian would it be to upper deck a toilet and then steal said toilet?

That's probably a more developed and reasoned question that what will actually wind up happening.  It will be far dumber.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Man, I don't know whether it's a bad translation by Google or if the Russians really do talk in circles where you have to almost divine their meaning. But if the OP in that tweet is correct, then I'm all for it.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Man, I don't know whether it's a bad translation by Google or if the Russians really do talk in circles where you have to almost divine their meaning. But if the OP in that tweet is correct, then I'm all for it.

Glad I’m not alone there. It’s like they’ve been programmed to talk in code, which I assume they have. 

Now a Russian mail order bride is a lot less appealing to me. I have enough “lady just say what you mean” issues with my American wife. Can’t even imagine what that’s like with a Russian bride.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

tldr, you blow up zaporizhzhia, you trigger article 5

Point of order, this is only a resolution they’re proposing. It would still need to go to a vote. But even then, it’s not binding. It’s just meant to send a message that the US Senate believes it triggers Art 5

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Austin said:

I can't possibly imagine Russia leaving without a fight. Crimea seems immensely more important to them than the comparatively backwoods Donbas.

I can't either, but then they will be running low on water and will not be able to evacuate if more of the transportation/bridges are hit, and they may prefer to pull their forces out ala Dunkirk rather than lose them because they are surrounded and can't be resupplied/reinforced and start running out of water/gas/etc.

But I can't imagine that though - Putin leaving Crimea willingly.  I mean, on paper, it's a rational thing to do - pull your people out before you lose them and their vehicles, but Putin is not rational.

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I get that this is going slower than everyone had hoped, but I'm honestly feeling good with what they are doing and setting things up for.  We also know that there are several brigades waiting in the wings for the right timing.  Patience is a virtue, one I generally don't have, so I get it, but I think they are positioning themselves well by exhausting Russian supply and manpower.  

I keep reminding people that the first Gulf War's air campaign lasted over a month before we started moving troops in, and we had nearly 2,000 aircraft, and sorties were being run 24/7.

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Point of order, this is only a resolution they’re proposing. It would still need to go to a vote. But even then, it’s not binding. It’s just meant to send a message that the US Senate believes it triggers Art 5

In these situations clear communication is key

28705534.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

Full message of Prigozhi "declaring war on the Russian Ministry of Defence: "PMC Wagner Commanders’ Council made a decision: the evil brought by the military leadership of the country must be stopped. They neglect the lives of soldiers. They forgot the word “justice”, and we will bring it back. Those, who destroyed today our guys, who destroyed tens, tens of thousands of lives of Russian soldiers will be punished. I’m asking: no one resist. Everyone who will try to resist, we will consider them a danger and destroy them immediately, including any checkpoints on our way. And any aviation that we see above our heads. I’m asking everyone to remain calm, do not succumb to provocations, and remain in their houses. Ideally, those along our way, do not go outside. After we finished what we started, we will return to the frontline to protect our motherland. Presidential authority, Government, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Rosgvardia, and other departments will continue operating as before. We will deal with those who destroy Russian soldiers. And we will return to the frontline. Justice in the Army will be restored. And after this, justice for the whole of Russia."

• Like 3
  • Drool 3

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Wish I had more insight for y’all on Prigozhin and what he and Wagner PMC are up to. I felt I had a good grasp on them and what they were in relation to the Russian state before the full invasion. But the war and their use and metamorphosis in Ukraine has clearly changed things.

None of the Russia hands I know or follow are comfortable making concrete pronouncements, either. So….enjoy the fireworks and dead orcs.

don't worry; ppob is here to analyze for us

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Prigozhin is using his words carefully. Declaring war on the “Ministry of Defense” sounds nonsensical if you’re accustomed to unity of command and government. But thus far it seems he is trying to avoid announcing an attack on Putin himself or his authority. Just Putin’s army. 

thewire-omar.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Full message of Prigozhi "declaring war on the Russian Ministry of Defence: "PMC Wagner Commanders’ Council made a decision: the evil brought by the military leadership of the country must be stopped. They neglect the lives of soldiers. They forgot the word “justice”, and we will bring it back. Those, who destroyed today our guys, who destroyed tens, tens of thousands of lives of Russian soldiers will be punished. I’m asking: no one resist. Everyone who will try to resist, we will consider them a danger and destroy them immediately, including any checkpoints on our way. And any aviation that we see above our heads. I’m asking everyone to remain calm, do not succumb to provocations, and remain in their houses. Ideally, those along our way, do not go outside. After we finished what we started, we will return to the frontline to protect our motherland. Presidential authority, Government, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Rosgvardia, and other departments will continue operating as before. We will deal with those who destroy Russian soldiers. And we will return to the frontline. Justice in the Army will be restored. And after this, justice for the whole of Russia."

Do you know what I did not see a lot of in that video where Wagner says it was attacked by the Russian MOD?  Bodies of dead or injured Wagner fighters.  I only saw one, which was turned away and could have just been someone laying on the ground.  Damage shown, but no people and a few fires that looked like camp fires.  But the quote was.  "A huge number of our comrades died, we will decide how to respond to this atrocity" - Prigozhin"

Almost like the video is part of a false flag, and Wagner prepositioned for whatever goal they had and then released a video for sympathy and justification. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Holy shit if true:

"The leftovers of Wagners on the outskirts of Bakhmut opened fire on the regular roads of the Russian Federation. Our assault brigades see everything, systematic strikes are now being carried out on the positions of the Russians. You would hear the radio broadcast of these *** now. The impression is that part of the Russian regular troops are killing their own, and it seems that part of the military is supporting Prigozhin. While it is not clear what is finally happening, it is a bloodbath"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

Prighozin talks about how wrong it was for some russian oligarch to be traded for Uke POWs and Russian soldiers are left as Uke POWs. But at the same time has been crystal clear that Russian soldiers that surrender and are returned to Russia get a sledge hammer to the head.

And how does he believe Wagner can take on the Russian MOD when just a few weeks ago he made it crystal clear that Wagner cannot fight without ammunition from the MOD?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1