Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Putin's regime in Russia: About 300 people live in the village of Kuratovo in Komi, Russia.

A few days ago, two commemorative plaques were unveiled on the walls of the local school. One depicts Semyon Tutrinov. He was born in 1981. Conscripted in 2000. In January 2001, he had a son, Alexandr. In January 2002, Semyon was killed in Chechnya.

The second commemorative plaque depicts Alexandr Tutrinov. Conscripted in December 2019, soon signed a contract. In 2022 he was sent to Ukraine. Died of wounds in July 2022. He left no children behind.

Father lived 20 years, son 21 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

Solovyev thinks nukes should be used along the Dnipro at crossing points (he says inevitable), in western Ukraine on the approaches into the country from NATO countries supplying weapons.

Oh, and also nukes should be used on NATO countries Poland, Germany, and Slovakia.  And in areas of NATO countries where they are training Ukrainians.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

fuck yeah GIF

• Hook 'Em 6

“If we go back, they’ll shoot us!”: Russian soldiers taken captive talk of poor morale and brutal commanders
https://www.wsj.com/articles/tattered-and-bandaged-russian-pows-describe-ukraines-offensive-3ee8c7e3?st=krbznr93ht0sqir&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

(TTR here)- When Bakhmut was contested, I was skeptical of the Ukrainian claimed strategy of using it to attire Russian forces, because it was clear that Russia was feeding troops into the grinder that it didn’t care about. Prisoners, partisan troops from Donbas and Crimea, and non-ethnic Russians. 

You know how we don’t really have a cost from giving Ukraine armaments and munitions that we are about to dispose of, because of age? How they’re really not a cost to us? I think Russia sees a lot of their troops that way. It’s clear from this article that Russia is still using their less-desired citizens as grist for the mill. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't think it gets much more intense than this footage.

This is again from the Bakhmut side about 3 weeks ago, uploaded a little over a week ago. It's a full on assault against an entrenched Russian position, first with assault troops, then after initial success they have to call in reinforcements, including an M113. After moving forward they encounter more resistance and finally bring in a tank. I think it's a T-72, but honestly I'm talking out of my ass on that one. It's just a guess. 

Pucker up before hitting play on this one. This is the real deal. The brass balls on these assault teams is real. 

Did they frag their own guy at the 4 minute mark?

1 hour ago, statsman said:

“If we go back, they’ll shoot us!”: Russian soldiers taken captive talk of poor morale and brutal commanders
https://www.wsj.com/articles/tattered-and-bandaged-russian-pows-describe-ukraines-offensive-3ee8c7e3?st=krbznr93ht0sqir&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

(TTR here)- When Bakhmut was contested, I was skeptical of the Ukrainian claimed strategy of using it to attire Russian forces, because it was clear that Russia was feeding troops into the grinder that it didn’t care about. Prisoners, partisan troops from Donbas and Crimea, and non-ethnic Russians. 

You know how we don’t really have a cost from giving Ukraine armaments and munitions that we are about to dispose of, because of age? How they’re really not a cost to us? I think Russia sees a lot of their troops that way. It’s clear from this article that Russia is still using their less-desired citizens as grist for the mill. 

OK, I’ve rethought it. Maybe Ukraine knew they could kill the disposable troops in Bakhmut, or face them on the first level defense now. Maybe it was smart to process that meat. Russia may not care about their prisoners and non-ethnic Russians, but they are still a finite resource. 

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Did they frag their own guy at the 4 minute mark?

I think so. He went Leroy Jenkins into his own units field of fire. The second KIA I saw coming as he was standing in the open.

The guy with our go pro perspective knew what he was doing. He was trying to give flanking commands the entire time but I'm not sure everyone in the squad was up for it. Incredible bravery on all accounts.

Incredible footage which is probably already on every west point cadets syllabus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Moscow should be nuked for this.

I knew several in the mass graves had been castrated, as part of their interrogation, prior to execution. 

Russia…when someone shows you who they are, you have to believe them. 

I also believe this- the west needs to constantly remind Russia (and their partner, China) what will happen if nukes are used. Constantly. Because counting on ethics, morality and rationality to restrain them is a stupid plan. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Russia is a criminal nation. It’s never been hidden, really.

Sometimes the firebombing of Tokyo or Dresden comes as the unfortunate cost of a country’s populace supporting the regimes responsible for the Bataan death march or SS atrocities. 

if Russia keeps fucking around, it may eventually find out. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Sometimes the firebombing of Tokyo or Dresden comes as the unfortunate cost of a country’s populace supporting the regimes responsible for the Bataan death march or SS atrocities. 

if Russia keeps fucking around, it may eventually find out. 

Putin is ensuring that a lot of Russian women will probably have to marry Chinese men in the future. Is that finding out?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I fucking love this guy. President Zelensky telling it like it is with the other heads of state doing their play acting standing next to him on either side.

Just call it like it is. And I'm with him. If we can't see things the same way, what are we accomplishing? Russia is pure evil here. The way they've behaved historically. The way they tried to bribe Yanukovych and encourage him to be a ruler for life by gutting the military and building up his internal security forces. They way they annexed Crimea and organized thugs to take over the eastern part of Donetsk and Luhansk. The way Putin repeatedly stated Ukraine was a historical mistake, and then tried to rectify by invading the country. The annihilation of cities and peoples who didn't want to be under Russia's thumb. The kidnapping and brainwashing of children. The destruction of anything with a connection to Ukrainian culture or identity. The indiscriminate bombing of civilians. The targeting of hospitals, ambulances, and medical workers. The sabotage of the dam, the concerted effort to cause as much of a humanitarian disaster as possible, up to and including bombing evacuees and the people trying to rescue them.

The massacre of civilians with bullets in the back of their heads. The execution of prisoners of war, and now the wrongful trials. Fuck these guys. Fuck them right up the ass.

Fucking clown show all around that he had to have this group in Kyiv. Diplomatically, it’s understandable. Ukraine and the West are trying really hard not to totally lose sub-Saharan Africa to Russia (and the Chinese) and part of that means tolerating bullshit like this to prove you’re serious about engaging.  But it was enraging to Zelenskyy. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, statsman said:

Ukraine said its forces were advancing on several axes in their counteroffensive but were struggling to counter Russian air and artillery superiority
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-runs-into-russian-air-superiority-82c621c?st=tmbxkl4hn2km4km&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

I wish we had been quicker with the F-16s

F-16s are important, but aren't going to create air-superiority for Ukraine. The mismatch here is too big. The best we can do is provide Ukraine enough different types of equipment to allow them to create localized air-superiority or at least Russian air suppression for particular engagements.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s past time for ATACMS. These Alligators are flying out of Berdyansk, and ATACMS would go a long way to making it unusable.  And we need to let them hit military targets in Russia. Simply making them fly from farther away would be huge. 

They will get ATACMS some day, but being able to fire US supplied weapons into Russia would require a different administration. That’s not cloak room. I’m grateful to this administration for their support of Ukraine. I don’t see another candidate out there that would do more. But it’s obvious they are prepared to withdraw support if Ukraine uses US provided assets to enter Russia. 

I hate it, but it is what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Part of the reason they constantly reach into the “nuclear threat” pocket is because they know they can’t ever really use them and so mouthing off is the only way to get get any sort of value for the things.  Nuclear weapons are really only useful in today’s world as a deterrent, and Russia knows very well that no one wants to attack them. They are of zero interest to any potential aggressor, and in fact the developed world would be more than happy if they dropped the blinds and turned themselves into a big, frozen, North Korea. 

So they have these weapons that they can’t use, will never use, and it’s really the only thing they can wave around to get people to be afraid of them anymore which for Russians is almost as good as respect. 

A lot of people still don't understand this, and get scared talking about Russian nukes.  They don't understand that if Russia were to use a nuke, then the whole threat loses its value and a whole lot of things kick into gear, things that don't necessarily include nukes being sent at Russia but are very bad for Russia, and Russia knows this. Putin knows this on some level - the man is fucking scared of being assassinated and he foolishly has put that fear on display many times, and it stands to reason that other things scare him as well (most bullies have some serious fears).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I'd probably refuse too.

He was under sanctions. The British government allowed the sale to go through with Abramovic promising the proceeds from the sale would go to a foundation to benefit the people of Ukraine. Surprisingly, Putin's lil buddy was full of shit all along.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He was under sanctions. The British government allowed the sale to go through with Abramovic promising the proceeds from the sale would go to a foundation to benefit the people of Ukraine. Surprisingly, Putin's lil buddy was full of shit all along.

not really sure what the issue is, just fucking kill him.   problem solved. if his adult kids refuse to sign, kill them as well. fuck em.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Has anyone stepped into Tucker Carlson’s role in their propaganda or has deplatforming him actually reduced the number of Americans they have cheering?

I'd say Trump is more responsible for the anti Ukrainian sentiment than Carlson.

I'll even say that vein of thought is there regardless, and they're both simply tapping into it. 

My anecdotal experience in talking to random people about the conflict is that almost everyone I meet is mostly indifferent. They're completely ignorant, don't really want to know more, and wish that money was being spent in the US rather than in Ukraine. It's my opinion a lot of those beliefs would exist even if loud voices weren't espousing the position. There's a chicken and egg dynamic going on. 

My biggest problem is that we're not doing a good job of justifying our involvement. I said the same thing yesterday when talking about F-16s as a tangent. My feeling is that we don't want to escalate the rhetoric with Russia, which is understandable. The problem is we're doing a terrible job of addressing the domestic audience about why we're doing what we're doing. We're avoiding the conversation in many ways, ignoring the critics, and hoping that somehow there will continue to be enough support among the elites to carry on. Which there very well may. But I do not believe it's the right way to handle it. 

The other problem is that support for Ukraine isn't going to help Biden get reelected. So from that perspective there's not a whole lot of good that can come from making it the center of attention. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2