Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

African leaders descended into bomb shelter during #Russian attack on #Kyiv, reports Reuters.

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, Zambian President Hakainde Hichilema, Senegalese President Macky Sall, Comoros President Azali Assoumani, Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly and Ugandan Foreign Minister Jeje Odongo are visiting Kyiv today.

Before the attack, the African delegation visited #Bucha.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

At this point would anyone be surprised if Russia launched cruise missiles at themselves?

I'm not kidding here, but I legit thought about what would happen if they set of a tactical nuke in Belgorod.  I honestly don't know, because that's so stupid, the rest of the world would just be baffled.  That having been said, they are so ridiculous I don't think we can rule it out as at least a possibility.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Slacks said:

I know I'm going to get the hatred, but if that was enough to stop an aggressor, wouldn't every war end with 'children' marked everywhere in the territory?

I mean, it would be like Frank's. 

Not saying that's what it was, but how does that work in war? 

The question you should be asking yourself is why did Russia target the building. There was no military objective associated with the building. The answer is because it had children in it and Russia wanted to cause human suffering. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The question you should be asking yourself is why did Russia target the building. There was no military objective associated with the building. The answer is because it had children in it and Russia wanted to cause human suffering. 

Same answer for why they kept bombing maternity wards and other hospitals. They're fully on board for genocide.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are we going to have makeshift air squadrons with gripens, vipers, (super?) hornets, and fulcrums all together?

Beggars can't be choosers. Yes. They'll take less than ideal British and French fighter jets, too, so no need to limit it to just those. 

The problem is, the Swedes have already said they can't really afford to give up any of their Gripens. They could always change their mind. The Gripen would be the most effective plane according to experts I trust, for Ukraine in their current situation. They were basically developed from the ground up to fight Russia under the exact kind of circumstances Ukraine now faces. VERY mobile small footprint maintenance platform. Less than ideal runway situations (can land/take off from roads, short runways with debris). The basic idea is to keep a defensive air force in the air even while Russia is bombing the ever living crap out of usable runways. 

Basically it's Gripens, then Hornets, then Vipers in terms of what's best for Ukraine. But the F-16s are the most numerous, and the most likely to be exported in numbers. Also, that's probably the mid term future for Ukraine after they win this war until they've earned the trust to operate 5th generation fighters, which is a ways off.

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Hook 'Em 6

I know I'm going to get the hatred, but if that was enough to stop an aggressor, wouldn't every war end with 'children' marked everywhere in the territory?

I’ll start with this - I hope you don’t have a newsletter.

What sets Russia apart in this scenario is they don’t give a shit - bomb and destroy everything.

If the US was involved and saw this, they would already have intel proving the building served or did not serve military applications and would react accordingly.

Russia has zero strategy at this point - from the top down it’s a hot mess. Charlie strong and Steve Patterson could add some leadership to that group.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I'm not kidding here, but I legit thought about what would happen if they set of a tactical nuke in Belgorod.  I honestly don't know, because that's so stupid, the rest of the world would just be baffled.  That having been said, they are so ridiculous I don't think we can rule it out as at least a possibility.  

You have to throw hyperbole right out the window with these imbeciles. 

Only Mexican soccer fans and MAGAts approach this level of stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Beggars can't be choosers. Yes. They'll take less than ideal British and French fighter jets, too, so no need to limit it to just those. 

The problem is, the Swedes have already said they can't really afford to give up any of their Gripens. They could always change their mind. The Gripen would be the most effective plane according to experts I trust, for Ukraine in their current situation. They were basically developed from the ground up to fight Russia under the exact kind of circumstances Ukraine now faces. VERY mobile small footprint maintenance platform. Less than ideal runway situations (can land/take off from roads, short runways with debris). The basic idea is to keep a defensive air force in the air even while Russia is bombing the ever living crap out of usable runways. 

Basically it's Gripens, then Hornets, then Vipers in terms of what's best for Ukraine. But the F-16s are the most numerous, and the most likely to be exported in numbers. Also, that's probably the mid term future for Ukraine after they win this war until they've earned the trust to operate 5th generation fighters, which is a ways off.

Some other nations have allowed America to patrol their skies with kicass American F35 Shitbirds.  Any chance Sweden could be convinced of the same?

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Parliament said:

Some other nations have allowed America to patrol their skies with kicass American F35 Shitbirds.  Any chance Sweden could be convinced of the same?

I don't know. They're still trying to get into NATO (thanks Erdogan!). 

I mean, it's not an empty gesture they're willing to train Ukraine on them. I have no idea what's going to happen with Ukraine and western fighter jets in the future. I just feel confident they're going to eventually get some kind of package. WHEN that's going to happen is another question. What that will entail is another one. Which countries will be involved yet another one.

I do wonder if Congress passed another $100 billion tranche for Ukraine that we wouldn't already be seeing F-16s over there, but that ain't happening. They're going to try to make the current authorizations work for as long as possible. F-16s would put a major dent in that plan. 

This isn't really part of the conversation we're having, but I will say that in my opinion, we're doing a terrible job of justifying our involvement in Ukraine to the domestic audience. I've probably talked to about 30 people in the last few days relaying the dam explosion, Russian efforts to keep people in the path of floodwaters from evacuating, and then opening fire on evacuation centers. It's the most powerful reaction I've ever been able to generate in others in a short amount of time. We're simply not doing a good job of relaying to the average American how bestial Russia is at its core, and why they need to be stopped now. I'm sure a big part of that is to not escalate the confrontation between Russia and the US, but the downside of that is the American people see any spending on Ukraine as money that could be spent in the US, and it's not going over well. In my opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Torbush! 

That's crazy to me. The use of drones in this war has felt to me like the introduction of machine guns to the battlefield. 

My son thinks it is more like the beginning of terminators, basically an impassive war without having to feel the pain of battle.

9 hours ago, Slacks said:

Something to remember is that this was a stage theater (like Bass Concert Hall), which is marked as a cultural center. They were using it as a bomb shelter because it holds a lot of people, and had a basement. All cultural centers are off-limits in war by the Geneva Convention. So most NORMAL countries who wage war would not use that for military purposes, so I don't think that tactic would work at say a known military compound. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1