Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I'm afraid a very large part of my home region of Donbas, in the full-scale Russian invasion, has sustained the scale of destruction very easily comparable to the effects of a full-scale nuclear bombardment.

Literally, dozens of cities and towns were leveled to the ground and almost completely depopulated... admittedly, with no chances to be ever built back again.

An entire region has been turned into dead ruins that will stay as they are forever. It's hard to live on with this bit of knowledge in one's head.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

33 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Need to rewatch the Heavy Metal episode of black mirror. 

I would think a 12 Gauge with 7 shot would work well against one if you see it.

There was a spooky short from a while back that posed the thought idea of drone swarm attacks becoming the norm

The attack scenes in the short are eerily similar to the footage we see eliminating the orcs

• Hook 'Em 5

I was rather talking about getting chased to exhaustion and inevitable death by an explosive robot. Soldiers must’ve had a similar feeling when they first saw planes dropping flechettes or tanks trudging along at Cambrai.

But wardrones seem to me an altogether different kind of dystopian invention. No one is safe anywhere. How long until your ex girlfriend can get hold of one of these? People are going to start doing shit like this away from the front. It’s only a matter of time.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that, and the implications are all that great either.  

We really are at the point where drones are cheap and powerful enough that they can be used in a hunter/killer role of sorts, to hunt down individual soldiers.  Economically, it makes a lot of sense as well.

There's been talk that the Russians have slowed down in some areas with their smaller artillery because they've had to push it back to the rear, out of its operational range, because it was within drone range. 

You are potentially having to treat large swathes of the battlefield with the assumption that anybody and anything up to say 5km or 10km or whatever from the front lines, can be hit by a small drone. That means individuals have to stay hidden, that means that soft-sided vehicles can't be anywhere near the front. You can't have towed artillery pieces with ammo laying around. Any armored vehicles have to be completely buttoned up - too many videos of grenades/drones entering open hatches. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1