Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

And keeping it focused and not CR at all. Dudes deserves all the Rep. [mention=390]MillerEP[/mention]. [mention=143]atomheartbevo[/mention] is also a damn good contributor. [mention=5728]956 Worldwide[/mention] brings a good perspective outside the daily ops. All three deserve kudos. 
[mention=397]immamac[/mention]  They all deserve some extra rep points or an invite to a beer. 
Best thread on the Surl outside of sports. well maybe some others we cannot mention. 
Agreed, thanks fellas for all the work. This thread is an amazing, and amazingly efficient source of information.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

And keeping it focused and not CR at all. Dudes deserves all the Rep. @MillerEP. @atomheartbevo is also a damn good contributor. @956 Worldwide brings a good perspective outside the daily ops. All three deserve kudos. 

@immamac  They all deserve some extra rep points or an invite to a beer. 

Best thread on the Surl outside of sports. well maybe some others we cannot mention. 

@InkaUtexas you too. Most of the contributors on this thread are top notch and it's become my favorite thread on the Surl. Despite a pretty well-grounded knowledge of 20th century European political and military history, I learn a ton of stuff here daily. Thanks to all of you for that and for keeping us all abreast of everything going on. (And, since there's a few of you based over in Europe, if any of you are in Ljubljana New Year's Eve, drinks are on me.) 😉

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, flatdawgs said:

@InkaUtexas you too. Most of the contributors on this thread are top notch and it's become my favorite thread on the Surl. Despite a pretty well-grounded knowledge of 20th century European political and military history, I learn a ton of stuff here daily. Thanks to all of you for that and for keeping us all abreast of everything going on. (And, since there's a few of you based over in Europe, if any of you are in Ljubljana New Year's Eve, drinks are on me.) 😉

Man, one of my favorite cities on the earth. Right now just focused on other regions so don't see any EU travel in my future. Appreciate the kind words. But they are carrying the weight. I just chime in on the humanitarian side. All the entire thread contributors are doing a great job and agree. I never would have known 1 KM (France) = 1.78K bikes.  

There was a place  about an hour drive outside of the city where the wine was stored under a waterfall and chilled. Damn it was a cool place. If you run to Bosnia for a reason, check out Bihac. Fun town. Plus Snoop Dogg approves of the name. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

And keeping it focused and not CR at all. Dudes deserves all the Rep. @MillerEP. @atomheartbevo is also a damn good contributor. @956 Worldwide brings a good perspective outside the daily ops. All three deserve kudos. 

@immamac  They all deserve some extra rep points or an invite to a beer. 

OK, the hug fest is over.  Assholes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Thread on Belarus and developments in defense cooperation. I continue to be a bit skeptical that Lukashenka will join, I think he’ll keep giving up more and more but will resist becoming a combatant. But Muzyka says there’s even odds that Belarus joins hostilities. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Thread on Belarus and developments in defense cooperation. I continue to be a bit skeptical that Lukashenka will join, I think he’ll keep giving up more and more but will resist becoming a combatant. But Muzyka says there’s even odds that Belarus joins hostilities. 

I wonder if that would expand the war. Poland and Lithuania probably wouldn't be thrilled. And Belarus' army is shit.

Back to war- Meduza is reporting that a drone crashed at Engles Air Base near Saratov, home of Russian long-range aviation, resulting in an explosion that damaged two Tu-95 bombers.

”According to several accounts (several I follow for a long time and can call trustworthy) there was an explosion at the Russian Engels Air Base about 600 from Ukraine. The base is the launch point for attacks on Ukraine. Allegedly 2 Tu-95 bombers were damaged.” 

“The explosion allegedly took place at 0600. Some unconfirmed sources mention a drone. Others an “unknown aircraft that crashed into the runway.”

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Chimpo said:

Best place to attack airplanes is on the ground. 

Fuck them up. 

It’s the only way for Ukraine to target these aircraft, as they don’t fly over Ukrainian air space and instead use stand-off weapons to attack Ukraine. 

The psychological impact is huge.  Engels is one of the most high-value, secure facilities the Russians have. If this was done by Ukraine—it’s really a “nowhere safe” message. No exaggeration to say that a NATO strike on Engels would be the type of thing to trigger immediate nuclear rWWIII. Imagine an adversary even being a little bit successful at targeting Barksdale or Whiteman that’s what we are talking. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Imagine being a normal Belarusian citizen on your way to work and getting a text saying your military service number has been drafted, you’re off to war.

Fuck. That.
  • Hook 'Em 1