Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

she said she had it, albeit accidentally. You ever try that with APD? 

Other thread, happy to debate there. 

Paul Whelan said he didn’t know anything about the flash drive that was passed to him. I don’t know the truth there either. I know that if he was conducting espionage under cover of an identity as a legitimate business man, the official position of the U.S. would be exactly the same as it is. Whether he was or was not, maybe if we had handled the Maria Butina case differently then he would’ve been returned years ago. I don’t think we ever fully investigated the depth of her activities in the U.S. because of, ahem, reasons. Instead she suffered a light sentence and was returned home to a hero’s welcome and a position in the Russian parliament. Russia says it wasn’t a reward. I’m more certain that that’s a lie than anything else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Zeihan from today on a possible UA drone target 

Are the Allies upset with the UKA for doing this?  Are we gonna ask them to stop?

ETA

As an armchair internet expert on military action, it seems to me the UKA shoulda built up a big inventory, then done a volley attack.  Why didn't they? (Italics are in jest, but the question is sincere.  Why not wait until you can hit them hard before they have a counter?)

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Are the Allies upset with the UKA for doing this?  Are we gonna ask them to stop?

ETA

As an armchair internet expert on military action, it seems to me the UKA shoulda built up a big inventory, then done a volley attack.  Why didn't they? (Italics are in jest, but the question is sincere.  Why not wait until you can hit them hard before they have a counter?)

I read some interesting analysis that their deep strike into Russia is somewhat akin to the Doolittle raid in terms of strategic outcome. They both were tactically useless that inflicted little damage on the military targets, but it forced the hand of the adversary to take more a defensive posture and slow down the tempo of offensive operations.

Specifically with Ukraine, hopefully that means russia is forced into flying more air defense sorties and keeping a tighter screen - which will absolutely move weapons away from being aimed at Ukraine

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Parliament said:

ETA

Got to live test a new longer range drone on something. Right? Site was likely chosen based on some qualities that made observation of effect easy. Clear satellite view of airfields, no trees etc. 

On 12/7/2022 at 12:25 AM, atomheartbevo said:

There is a good point here.  We’ve talked about Russia winning when they had the support of England or the US in the past, but when was the last time Russia won a war they started?  

Napoleon - They were invaded

WW I - Got into the war because Serbia was one of it’s biggest allies and was supported by England & France

WWII - Invaded by Hitler who was their ally at the time and bailed out by the US

In each of those cases Russia ended up with more territory than they started with but they were invaded first.

In each case they could use the existential threat to unite the country but now they are trying to make up “Nazi” threats and it is not motivating the troops.  

As best we can tell their main motivations are washing machines, iPhones, toilets and getting out of prison.

• Hook 'Em 6

We need stop and give them long range weapons, let’s stop pandering and do what is needed. The prisoner exchange just proved that he wants to damage the administration by saying hey you didn’t get this person as well.

well Ukraine here is some long range as a fu to Putin 

• Hook 'Em 4

56 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

There is a good point here.  We’ve talked about Russia winning when they had the support of England or the US in the past, but when was the last time Russia won a war they started?  

Napoleon - They were invaded

WW I - Got into the war because Serbia was one of it’s biggest allies and was supported by England & France

WWII - Invaded by Hitler who was their ally at the time and bailed out by the US

In each of those cases Russia ended up with more territory than they started with but they were invaded first.

In each case they could use the existential threat to unite the country but now they are trying to make up “Nazi” threats and it is not motivating the troops.  

As best we can tell their main motivations are washing machines, iPhones, toilets and getting out of prison.

They had a string of whipping up on the Turks (when the Turks didn’t have the British and French involved), Persians, and Central Asians in the 1800s and then of course recaptured most of the Tsarist Empire in the 20th century under the USSR reboot. Look, Russia is what it is because of successful wars of conquest. 

And Russia thought this would be a similar colonial war against an overmatched satrapy and they badly miscalculated. 

• Hook 'Em 5