Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

5 minutes ago, George said:

They’ve been talking about referendums since March. What are the odds they can actually pull one off?

If I am Ukraine, I have several spies in each of the cities to tell me the exact fking building that the "referendum" voting is held in and dial each of those buildings in for a HIMARS strike.

and blast each fucking voting building to shit, within a 10 minute period.  yeah, you may end up killing a few innocent Ukrainians forced to go there... but you will for sure kill most of the assholes pushing russian leadership and take out most of their "voting" boxes.

we know russia will just stuff the box at that point, but killing as many collaborators as possible at the same time would be a huge bonus- those fucks dont deserve to live anymore anyway

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^Dude should buy a lottery ticket

Holy shit! BUT, he thought it was a sniper…and decided it was perfectly fine to stay in the exact same spot?!? AND everyone else knew it was a rocket launched at their truck, and derided it was perfectly fine to stay in the same spot next to said truck?!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

If I am Ukraine, I have several spies in each of the cities to tell me the exact fking building that the "referendum" voting is held in and dial each of those buildings in for a HIMARS strike.

and blast each fucking voting building to shit, within a 10 minute period.  yeah, you may end up killing a few innocent Ukrainians forced to go there... but you will for sure kill most of the assholes pushing russian leadership and take out most of their "voting" boxes.

we know russia will just stuff the box at that point, but killing as many collaborators as possible at the same time would be a huge bonus- those fucks dont deserve to live anymore anyway

They are going to allow proxy, absentee, and online "voting". Obviously it will pass.

14 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

So, there’s a lot of moving parts here, but a mass conscription doesn’t get you much if it ends up with masses of poorly trained, unwilling draftees who you can’t get to the front.  The problem Russia has isn’t manpower, it’s deploying effectively, with combined arms support.  This isn’t “Enemy at the Gates” where throwing waves of humans at the problem (an over extended evil foe far from supply centers) will work.

OTOH, if this is a context for using a tactical nuke, it sorta makes sense, but I feel like part of the meeting of with the Chinese last week was to feel this out and Putin didn’t hear what he wanted.

Which leads us to Hanlon’s razor: assume incompetence before conspiracy.  

Let's not forget that earlier this year the RU stripped their training battalions of both equipment and troops and so who is going to train these conscripts or at least provide even a simple combat refresher? If they begin to send conscripts straight to the front to get slaughtered with no training (and most likely no gear or equipment) and that is a gurantee to stir up political unrest back home in the big cities.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Let's not forget that earlier this year the RU stripped their training battalions of both equipment and troops and so who is going to train these conscripts or at least provide even a simple combat refresher? If they begin to send conscripts straight to the front to get slaughtered with no training (and most likely no gear or equipment) and that is a gurantee to stir up political unrest back home in the big cities.

Well, arming people who don’t want to be there tends to work out badly for the officer corps. As we discovered in Vietnam.

• Hook 'Em 1

My question on this topic has always been that so far the US has handcuffed the Ukrainians about the use of western weapons to attack Russia itself, but now this is theoretically an impossibility because those weapons would already be inside "Russia" now. Does that mean the main rail arteries that are just over the Russian border and so far have been unmolested by HIMARS are now a viable target?  Is Belgorod now fair game? Can the UKA now attack all of the smaller airports just over the border that can be used as reconnaissance and UAV platforms?

If Russia escalates the conflict with annexation, does that mean the gloves come off and now it is a "real" war and the UKA can go full bore into Russia itself?

Just thought about the move of antiair defenses from the Finnish/NATO border to Ukraine/Russia border, and it now makes a ton more sense. If they are concerned that the UKA will be intensifying their missile and air operations once the "annexation" and moblization begin, it is better to have those in place now before it comes down than having to move them after the UKA has already caused havoc.

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

49 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

no idea who Dr Mike is... but those 3 tweets read like a surly-ite who had 2 European History courses posting on here like they know shit

*looking at myself*.... who me??  fuck that I had 8 European history courses bitch I am a MFing expert.

Zat's why they send me.  I am expert  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

that would certainly solve the visa issues for those on the fence:

That is something... Not only does that a prelude of mobilization but all the Oligarchs that haven't fled abroad are now going to be criminals if they decide to sneak out from here on out..

Keep your young men trapped at home for the war effort and the 65 age cap keeps the $$ from fleeing easily with a "legitimate" reason to jail and confiscate their holdings if they decide to leave and help support a coup back home from afar. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

any remotely smart Russian family with a 17 year old and any means at all should be heading for Kazakhstan right now.   one of the last countries that will still accept russian visitors, but will also leave you alone.

I hear Kazakhstan is lovely this time of year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1