Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If one of the new Iranian drones gets a HIMARS, I’m betting they get some ATACMS so they can keep at least some of them further back and out of range.  Then again, they seem incredibly adept with the HIMARS and keeping the on the go or out of sight.

I don't twitter other than what gets put on Surly so I don't know this dudes background but I think his language is really loaded. Calling the US "buckling under" to nuclear threat from Russia is bullshit. Also we don't have to "compensate" for shit if we don't send ATACMS. 

I certainly support all the aid we've given to Ukraine and look forward to us giving more. But we shouldn't / aren't letting others dictate to us what that aid is.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I don't twitter other than what gets put on Surly so I don't know this dudes background but I think his language is really loaded. Calling the US "buckling under" to nuclear threat from Russia is bullshit. Also we don't have to "compensate" for shit if we don't send ATACMS. 

I certainly support all the aid we've given to Ukraine and look forward to us giving more. But we shouldn't / aren't letting others dictate to us what that aid is.

He works for some strategic studies group under the Ukrainian administration (https://niss.gov.ua/tags/mikola-beleskov)

I think he and a lot of others have a serious fear that Putin will find something to make us back off on certain systems/weapons.

• Hook 'Em 1

Natasha’s Adventure YouTuber made it out of Russia to Georgia.  She’s like the Inside Russia guy, she stuck it out in Russia even though she’s been unhappy with things (she was trying to finish her degree I think), and she’s been flirting with crossing the line and getting arrested and/or fined.  Outside of the Inside Russia guy, there’s not many YouTubers left who are willing to speak out - the rest bury their heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine, or they gulp down the government line.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

FdAjIeyXEAE4tP2?format=png&name=900x900

So they are staring to realize that the UKA can transfer troops and equipment around much easier than they, the RU, can? Welcome to 3 months ago… There is a reason why the UKA has been targeting infrastructure this entire time with precision munitions while the RU has been hitting civilian targets.

The real question needs to be where is the next buildup happening and is it a feint to convince the RU to shift troops again. The issue at hand is speed and how much quicker the UKA can reposition than the RU.

If I was looking to cause chaos in the RU logistics front, I would look at using spur from Kharkiv to Lozova to  New York (yep that’s the name on the map where a huge rail yard sits near the front, just south of Nelipivka) to start massing a force there.

This would force the RU to move a major blocking force there to keep the UKA from driving a wedge between Donetsk and Lysychansk/Luhansk. If the UKA can launch a counter attack from there through Horlivka, then there are only 2 East/West spurs on that front between Donetsk and Lysychansk/Luhansk. If those 2 spurs are lost, then in effect all reinforcements have to go through Rostov by rail, essentially isolating the two regions and setting up an eventual push towards Donetsk and Mariupol.

The RU knows that this cannot happen because if the UKA drive a wedge between the two regions down the M-03, the war is over so they either strip positions north around Lysychansk or do something drastic by pulling troops from Kherson. Either would be a major benefit to the current fighting  and neither are a place the RU can really afford to scale back forces.

To make this a bit easier to see, go here and find Horlivka and then start looking for the M-03 and the E/W rail lines.

Edited by Laxtonto
added a map link
  • Hook 'Em 7

50 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

"Hey y'all, hold my vodka and watch this."

Respect for redneckery, regardless of its specific cultural origin.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1