Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

So Russia had a demographics problem prior to the war. In some way, this may have been part of his motivation. 45 million new “Russian citizens” to pay taxes and make babies.

Now, he has killed off 50,000+ young men and seriously wounded another 100,000+. Who knows how many imprisoned and disappeared. Add to the the untold thousands of professionals who fled in the brain drain immediately after February 24.

The mobilization announcement has already blown up in his face. Protests are erupting all around the country. People are fleeing in any way possible, both legally and illegally. They have no way to train and equip any of the new conscripts.

Even if the mobilization was “successful” and they stopped or reversed the UKR battlefield gains, that isn’t even close to winning the war. They would face the most well-organized and well-funded insurgency basically ever. The Ukrainians are not giving up. Russian will continue to lose people and resources as long as they illegally occupy Ukrainian territory.

Putin is so, so fucked. He will be taken out internally.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Worth repeating this old video:

Yup...

1. Austria The Donbass wants to be a part of Germany Russia.
  2. Maybe he'll stop if we let him have the Sudetenland Crimea and Kherson.
  3. Oh gawd, now he's invading Poland! Those poor Polish Russian bastards.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So, summarizing all of the posts above:

1 -- RUS is fucked in the east, because their logistics are toast.  They are almost entirely dependent on rail, and with rail now in range of rockets and artillery, trains are going to have to stop WAY behind the lines and any desirable junction/offloading point.

2 -- Connected with that, Russia doesn't have the trucks to get the necessary materiel, ammo, etc. to the front quickly and in sufficient numbers.

3 -- this means that the front will be inadequately supplied, and can be pushed back even further by the UKA.

4 -- lather, rinse, repeat.

The TLDR version: Russia's problems are most acute in terms of materiel, the loss of manpower is secondary.  Sending 300k more old men with AKs doesn't solve shit.  They need 300k men with tanks and artillery, with both supplied with sufficient fuel and ammo.  Which Russia simply cannot do.

Putin is getting more shrill, and using more bellicose language, because he is fucked.  And he jammed the splintered stick up his own ass -- he has nobody to blame but himself.

Thank for including the TLDR version! It had 14 fewer words, so it saved everyone a lot of time...assuming they didn't read both, which every single one of us did. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mobilization starts today, the 21st.  

Russian citizens called up will be given all benefits of those under contract.

The West has crossed all lines, and keeps threatening Russian people, and providing Ukraine with long range weapons to hit regions of Russia, including Belgorod.  

There are plans in Washington and Brussels to move the battlefield to Russia. West is talking destroying Russian culture, and about nuclear blackmail concerning nuclear plants, and the West is talking about using nuclear weapons,

i would remind the West we have advanced nuclear weapons,

And I’m not bluffing.  Russian citizens and regions will be secured. 

Any man who has to say "I'm not bluffing" is absolutely bluffing.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

It was the 210th day of the "three-day war". The Russians, who demanded to destroy 🇺🇦 , eventually got:
1. Mobilization.
2. Closed borders, blocking of bank accounts.
3. Prison for desertion.
4. Special detachments for the "missed" in the PMK.

Still going according to plan, right? Life has a great sense of humor

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

another Putin ally accidentally dies.

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-ally-dies-falling-down-stairs-day-russia-mobilization-1744944

The former head of the Moscow Aviation Institute has died after falling down "several flights of stairs," the institute reported Wednesday.

Scientist Anatoly Gerashchenko, 72, "fell from a great height," according to the university, which described his death in the Russian capital as an accident.

Gerashchenko is the latest of several Russian businessmen, prominent figures and former allies of Vladimir Putin who have died in mysterious circumstances since the invasion of Ukraine on February 24, and the third this month.

ca99786a-cafe-438a-879f-e8f87f91c319_text.gif.021218a7191df474a2c32641b2f756c3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

alright I haz a legit confuse

did those 2 clowns get forced mobilized before our eyes.... or did they get arrested for being pro mobilization in semi-police state?

I assume they were pro-mobilization, and showed up to say such at a mobilization protest, and the gestapo simply took them into custody because they were young males. In other words, the guy certainly spoke his "I'm going to Ukraine tomorrow" right into existence. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

^That explains it. Russia wouldn't have traded the Azovastal defenders and foreign POWs for just anybody, so people were speculating they must've really captured some senior people on the Kharkiv offensive. Now Russia has to tell their telegram propagandists out for blood, why they won't be getting Azov defenders hung on tv.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^That explains it. Russia wouldn't have traded the Azovastal defenders and foreign POWs for just anybody, so people were speculating they must've really captured some senior people on the Kharkiv offensive. Now Russia has to tell their telegram propagandists out for blood, why they won't be getting Azov defenders hung on tv.

Nah, they just won't say anything at all.  There's plenty of other stuff to talk about.  Down the memory hole it goes.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Gengs1 said:

These dudes about to steal military trucks, put a white flag and drive right to the next Ukrainian controlled area 

That Wagner former prisoner, now POW video upthread was pretty engaging.  That was a guy who sounded like he was suffering from tuberculosis or pneumonia, etc., and knew that his only chance at life was to get the fuck away from the Russians.  And he IS a Russian.  I'd imagine there's a whole lotta guys being rounded up in Russia who feel the same way.  "Sure, hand me a rifle, I'm super patriotic!  Let me at them Ukes! I'll take them on single handed - you won't be watching, right?"  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

These dudes about to steal military trucks, put a white flag and drive right to the next Ukrainian controlled area 

Which is 100% the smart play.  If your choices are be killed in combat (after suffering under miserable conditions until your merciful death), being imprisoned in Russia, or being housed in a Ukrainian POW facility.....that's an easy fucking choice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Detainees in at least three Moscow police departments were handed summons to the military registration and enlistment office Photo: Kirill Goncharov https://zona.media/chronicle/no-mobilization?_share=1&event=49862

^So the answer to protestors against the war is to draft them and give them a gun?

Edited by MillerEP
  • Haha 2

This is a good thread from one of the best analysts on the Russian military. He’s raising a lot of the points made here, and for me the information about stop-loss was useful. He mentions the idea of raising second-tier infantry units to hold lines as better volunteer forces are trained and notes that Ukraine is on the clock to take more territory. 

I generally believe Russia is overall fucked on this, but there’s still a lot of damage it can do. 

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is a good thread from one of the best analysts on the Russian military. He’s raising a lot of the points made here, and for me the information about stop-loss was useful. He mentions the idea of raising second-tier infantry units to hold lines as better volunteer forces are trained and notes that Ukraine is on the clock to take more territory. 

I generally believe Russia is overall fucked on this, but there’s still a lot of damage it can do. 

That's a densely packed thread. I read it earlier today and on second reading these stand out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1