Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 hours ago, Teddyballgame said:

It’s pretty rare to watch a video and actually witness two people dying in real time.

I started to feel bad until I remembered that those fucksticks fight for a country that invaded a sovereign nation, watched as their counterparts raped and tortured and looted. Maybe did some of that themselves. Then I remembered the old axiom of “ don’t start no shit, won’t be no shit.” 

Fuck ‘em.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

It’s pretty rare to watch a video and actually witness two people dying in real time.

I started to feel bad until I remembered that those fucksticks fight for a country that invaded a sovereign nation, watched as their counterparts raped and tortured and looted. Maybe did some of that themselves. Then I remembered the old axiom of “ don’t start no shit, won’t be no shit.” 

Fuck ‘em.

you said it, fuck'em 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Fuck ‘em.

gus-mccrae-quotes-.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I shouldn't be laughing ^^^ because half those guys will be dead by Thanksgiving.  But I'm laughing.  

I also like that in Texas, our wanna-be soldiers show up to public events in full tac gear and bulletproof vests.  These guys show up to an actual war dressed like they looted a K-Mart.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

We couldn't go through the Bosphorus right now regardless.

Yup or ever. Fleet Carriers aren't allowed through the Bosporus period, at any time. In peace time, we could send an LHA or similar but as other have pointed out there is no real point. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I have 0 sympathy for any Russian but damn, if you weren’t a supporter for the war and are now basically forced to go to the front lines. Are you trying to run before you’re wrangled up? But then what happens to your family. Are you going and shooting “over heads”? Do you go and try to find an out during training? None of these are sympathy questions just wondering what goes through the minds of people that don’t support this atrocity but are now forced to directly be a part of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I have 0 sympathy for any Russian but damn, if you weren’t a supporter for the war and are now basically forced to go to the front lines. Are you trying to run before you’re wrangled up? But then what happens to your family. Are you going and shooting “over heads”? Do you go and try to find an out during training? None of these are sympathy questions just wondering what goes through the minds of people that don’t support this atrocity but are now forced to directly be a part of it. 

https://tenor.com/view/tommy-lee-jones-i-dont-care-care-no-dont-care-gif-3355501

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The cost of mustering that many men is gonna put the cherry on the top of the already fucked economy sundae. Spend more propped-up rubles you idiots.  

Exactly. Additionally, I have a feeling a good chunk of the draftees, maybe 50-100k, are destined to become truck drivers and loading/unloading grunts with the trucks being cannibalized from civilian use. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It will take months to get the new troops ready. Hell, looking at the Russian equipment, do they have uniforms ready? Boots? And you need to wonder about stuff like food. These videos don't look like very healthy people. 
I think part of them will not serve forward, but be used to guard bases around the country freeing up equipped personnel. That is why the "end of your contract" means you don't just get to head home. 

Nah. The uniform will shift to a track suit, the training will include how to load a gun, and they will be rushed to the field. This is Russia and their history of taking care of their own is abysmal. They don’t even give a shit about their professional soldiers, these armatures are just cannon fodder at best.

They are simply hoping that Ukraine runs out of bullets shooting them.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder what Navalny is thinking right now. On one hand, maybe he’s hopeful Putin’s reign is nearing an end. On the other hand, I have to wonder if he’s thinking “I’ve risked my life/freedom for a country full of drunk sheep?”

If I’m him I’m just trying to live through the next year or two, get to the other side of the coming Russian internal crisis and then be in a place to try and lead the recovery.

Pretty decent odds Putin isn’t in power (or even alive) in 24 months, but the defenestration directed by him is going to probably pick up speed as things devolve. Prison may not be a terrible place inside Russia for Navalny at the moment, if he isn’t murdered he could pull some from Nelson Mandela’s playbook on the backside of Putin’s shitstorm.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 686 said:

Prison may not be a terrible place inside Russia for Navalny at the moment, if he isn’t murdered he could pull some from Nelson Mandela’s playbook on the backside of Putin’s shitstorm.

Nah. 

They’ve been living by the World War II Nazi playbook this entire time - so I assume at the end they’re gonna Dietrich Bonhoeffer every high interest foe Putin has imprisoned. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I feel sympathy for these people. You don't have to think too hard on your "what-if." We have thousands of Vietnam veterans right here who were sent thousands of miles from home to fight and die in a war they opposed.

Our draftees at least had time to get their shit together and affairs settled.  Putin announced this, and hours later they were rounding up men.  Obviously not wanting to give the men and their families much time to organize a protest or flee.

I want to feel some sympathy, but after reading the official statements, this is just the first of three waves, which is going to total around a million men (this information is spreading around Russia). That means there’s a few million parents, another few million grandparents, a few more million siblings, spouses, friends, cousins, etc.  A million men, plus tens of millions of people who are close to those men - they were all fine either supporting or ignoring what Putin was doing, but now the chickens have come home to roost.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Our draftees at least had time to get their shit together and affairs settled.  Putin announced this, and hours later they were rounding up men.  Obviously not wanting to give the men and their families much time to organize a protest or flee.
I want to feel some sympathy, but after reading the official statements, this is just the first of three waves, which is going to total around a million men (this information is spreading around Russia). That means there’s a few million parents, another few million grandparents, a few more million siblings, spouses, friends, cousins, etc.  A million men, plus tens of millions of people who are close to those men - they were all fine either supporting or ignoring what Putin was doing, but now the chickens have come home to roost.

And those chickens are going to face a fate that would make even Colonel Sanders say “got-DAMN!”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah.  What's going on in Russia is much more akin to impressment during the age of sail then a modern draft or mandatory service.  However, unlike impressment, where your survival at sea depended on learning your job and doing it at least semi-competently, @Brisketexan is correct that many of the draftees will likely attempt to flee/give up. You simply cannot human wave yourself to victory.  As far as I know, there has not been a successful full frontal charge in over 100 years.  Even in Korea, once the American's regained their footing after the Chinese entry to the war, the effectiveness of overwhelming numbers became a wash at best.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4