Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They may well do something breathtakingly stupid, like put them onto potato trucks and ship them to a large field outside Moscow, piecemeal.  Where they will have no real place to live (maybe 20 men per leaky tent), no bathroom facilities, substandard food, insufficient winter clothing and heat (it's going to get cold there, and right soon).  If you wanted to put together a recipe for a mutiny, the Russians are hastily gathering the very best ingredients.

A large poorly fed, poorly housed yet armed, press-ganged mob just outside of Moscow? What could possibly go wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, The Dog said:

They are going to put them in uniforms, give them rifles, and send them all straight to the front lines. 

They will do this until they either win in Ukraine or all of their troops are dead.

Might be time to see if we have any M42 Dusters laying around to deal with massed charges.

8F205209-4928-40FF-A403-76DC38AB4D7F.thumb.jpeg.99eb7ad65c5dd257e4d756bc482589b6.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Giving an untrained and pissed off conscript a rifle, no winter clothing, shitty food, and stuffing him in a train car and sending him to die with hundreds of his compatriots.....ALSO an excellent recipe for mutiny, except at the actual front lines.

Do that to me and my buddies?  We'd discuss it for a few minutes, shoot dead the officers trying to force us to go die, radio back to HQ and tell them the UKA is overrunning our position, they already killed officers Yuri and Gregor!.....and promptly surrender to the nearest UKA troops I can find.  Spend the next several months safe and warm at a UKA POW facility, not getting blown up by HIMARS and shit, and eating actual food.

While this is a fair point, also keep in mind your viewpoint comes from that of a man who grew up in the relative freedom of America, with a free press, and where individual thought and ideas are rewarded. Hell, at your age, you were probably taught and encouraged to develop free-thinking concepts. It's hard to imagine that many Russians, particularly the older ones, having this kind of widespread mentality because they've been raised on propaganda in lieu of education. 

12 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I've got friends and acquaintances who claim to have thousands of rounds of 5.56 NATO and 7.62 x 39.  The US could probably supply a year's worth of ammo for Ukraine just from private collections.

The government coming for the bullets of individual citizens? Yeah, that would go over REAL well. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

While this is a fair point, also keep in mind your viewpoint comes from that of a man who grew up in the relative freedom of America, with a free press, and where individual thought and ideas are rewarded. Hell, at your age, you were probably taught and encouraged to develop free-thinking concepts. It's hard to imagine that many Russians, particularly the older ones, having this kind of widespread mentality because they've been raised on propaganda in lieu of education. 

Agreed.  That's why I think the motivation for mutiny isn't like ours would be -- "wait, you took me away from my cushy life and job, costing my family a fortune, and are making me risk my life in a stupid war I don't support?"  It's going to be more elemental than that: "I was safe, had a roof over my head, and had food to eat.  I let you pursue your stupid war and I didn't get in your way.  But now I'm being shot at, having artillery explode all around me, I'm freezing cold because the winter kit you gave me was a leftover Members Only jacket from storage, and the only food I get is what I can loot from the locals and you bastards already looted all the good stuff.  So I'm freezing, hungry, and will be killed any minute now.  Fuck this shit, I'm out."

7 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Also....tough fucking shit.  This is what you wanted, Russian people.  You've supported this shit for decades.  You support this war.  You are the Republic of FAFO.  Now you FO.  Want it to be different?  Then fucking do something about it, you servile fucks.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steel Shank said:

Like breakfast tacos?

You know my family has a vested interest in a global "peace through breakfast tacos" initiative, with an eastern european focus.  I am 100% confident that we could coax half the Russian military to surrender to the temptation of a warm bacon egg and cheese taco.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 5

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Malcolm Nance has over a decade on me, and it’s fucking embarrassing that a 60-something is in better shape than me, and running around fighting in Ukraine.  

To be fair, he had a lifetime of military service and in many ways, dude has probably been spoiling for this for awhile. And he's definitely in better shape than most Russian 30 year olds. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

To be fair, he had a lifetime of military service and in many ways, dude has probably been spoiling for this for awhile. And he's definitely in better shape than most Russian 30 year olds. 

The mere fact that his blood type isn't "vodka" puts him well ahead of that crowd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know my family has a vested interest in a global "peace through breakfast tacos" initiative, with an eastern european focus.  I am 100% confident that we could coax half the Russian military to surrender to the temptation of a warm bacon egg and cheese taco.

just figure out a way to waft the smell of cooking bacon across the front lines and announce over a PA system that anyone that surrenders will be fed, clothed, and sheltered. 

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The government coming for the bullets of individual citizens? Yeah, that would go over REAL well. 

I was thinking of appealing for donations, not government collection, but you raise an excellent point.  I won't CR it with the rest of my thought.

• Hook 'Em 4

Horshack voice........"Oh, oh, oh...won't somebody please come along and explain to us how Russia's military prowess in WWII was just as dominating as the U.S, Germany, and Great Britain?"  

Give me 50 million adult males with a tacit understanding of a 50% fatality rate...and I'll win you whatever massive chunk of land you please.  It's not a nation, it's a meat-grinder.  I feel kinda bad they're being rounded up and sent off like that, but they can do the honorable thing and take out their C.O. on the way to the front.

• Haha 1

I like that y'all start seeing this as a mass Enemy at the Gatesing. Under-supported infantry with no strategic deployment. All they have to figure out is how to get those guys up to the front.  They'll be armed with either (1) the worst and most ineffective weapons on earth or (2) nukes.  If it is 1, we're going to start seeing death tolls skyrocket.  

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I like that y'all start seeing this as a mass Enemy at the Gatesing. Under-supported infantry with no strategic deployment. All they have to figure out is how to get those guys up to the front.  They'll be armed with either (1) the worst and most ineffective weapons on earth or (2) nukes.  If it is 1, we're going to start seeing death tolls skyrocket.  

It's gonna be 1.  The goal here is attrition of AFU soliders/arty tubes/ammo with overwhelming Russian meat.

It's going to be a blood bath.  

The only problem for the Russians is its 2022, not 1942.  They gonna lose.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Yeah, the "Russian Replacement/We Will not be Replaced!" movement is taking a curious gambit by sending untrained men from the 3 Eastern Federal Districts (Far Eastern, Ural, and Siberian) to the Ukraine Front.  It's one way to make sure the whitest Russians from the West are left standing, but seems like a really roundabout way to do it.  

42 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It's gonna be 1.  The goal here is attrition of AFU soliders/arty tubes/ammo with overwhelming Russian meat.

This time they're on the wrong end of Lend-Lease. 

• Hook 'Em 6

53 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It’s seriously starting to read like an aggy school newspaper recap of a football game…

”the boys fought with (aggy) pride and it was tied up at half.  And even though the boys did not prevail, they fought tough and full of aggy pride until the clock ran out on them.” 

Final Score 42-14 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2