Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I understand this sentiment, but I believe it's misguided. If you think these people are cheering from afar, but you think they'll get back to Russia and "change" the country? Clearly they didn't have the desire to do that previously. They've shown they're scared of dying, I don't think sending them back to Russia to die at the hands of Putins riot squads is going to suddenly make them lions. If they're Putin Puppets, they're not changing shit. They're brainwashed. By taking them in, you save their lives, offer than a chance to rehabilitate them from propaganda brain and at the same time take potential soldiers off the battlefield and hasten their demographic decline. 

You can't have it both ways in your post.  

Your just making more problems for your own country by taking in these people. They will always support Putin and won’t be deprogrammed.

I know a few Russians from University in their 30s who are hell bent on supporting Russian and Putin from the USA. When you bring by their oath by becoming USA citizens they change the subject really fast. They think Russia is great and when you bring up why they aren’t living there, they just say stuck in USA.

look at the marches in Germany for pro Russia during the war. You aren’t reprogramming them, your just accepting their Russian support in your country.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Hungary seems like it sucks.

They also seem kinda stupid.  They've always tipped a bit Russia but now that Russia is losing, Hungary goes full lap dog.

They are working on getting themselves isolated or possibly kicked out of the EU.   To be an EU member, you have to be a a stable democracy and follow the rule of law, and if they are declared not to have a stable democracy or follow the rule of law, they can’t be members.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

400 a day.  If they can keep that rate going, they'll burn through the 300,000 mobilized in just about two years.  Meat.  To the grinder.

Hey Ivan.....before you head to the front, buy yourself a white piece of cloth.  It's the only real life-saving piece of equipment you can get.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, MillerEP said:

So standard old school estimates of casualties is generally 2x KIA is the number of wounded, with various estimates regarding walk wounded, minor and major injury ect.

If the idea was that the initial RU invasion was only with like 120k troops, in essence everyone is either dead or wounded?  I know the PMC and other adds have happened, but still... that is a fucking amazing number.

I am real curious what the actual numbers of both BTG that are 100% combat effective as well as how many are operating under 50% strength. No wonder all the fronts are collapsing. Either you are dead, been already wounded once and are on the front after receiving questionable medical care, have fled, or are a new recruit.

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

400 a day.  If they can keep that rate going, they'll burn through the 300,000 mobilized in just about two years.  Meat.  To the grinder.

Hey Ivan.....before you head to the front, buy yourself a white piece of cloth.  It's the only real life-saving piece of equipment you can get.

goes back to February - Putin is a gambler, not a risk taker.  He’s taking a blind shot in the dark and hoping he hits the target, rather than try and game out everything and calculate the risks and select the best option to hit the target.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

goes back to February - Putin is a gambler, not a risk taker.  He’s taking a blind shot in the dark and hoping he hits the target, rather than try and game out everything and calculate the risks and select the best option to hit the target.

Yep.  And now he's a gambler who is down big.....and cutting his losses just isn't something he'll consider.  So, bet big, because that's the only possible way to win back what you've lost and end up in the black.

Problem is, he still has the same shitty cards he had when he started this downward spiral.  There are no aces left in the deck, Vlad.  It doesn't get better, you just lose more  But he doesn't care -- those 300k lives aren't his.  They're house money, as far as he's concerned.

• Hook 'Em 3

It will take months to get the new troops ready. Hell, looking at the Russian equipment, do they have uniforms ready? Boots? And you need to wonder about stuff like food. These videos don't look like very healthy people. 

I think part of them will not serve forward, but be used to guard bases around the country freeing up equipped personnel. That is why the "end of your contract" means you don't just get to head home. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

It will take months to get the new troops ready. Hell, looking at the Russian equipment, do they have uniforms ready? Boots? And you need to wonder about stuff like food. These videos don't look like very healthy people. 

I think part of them will not serve forward, but be used to guard bases around the country freeing up equipped personnel. That is why the "end of your contract" means you don't just get to head home. 

Makes sense, but how well equipped and well-trained will these current internal security detail folks be once they're used as actual infantry in combat zones?  We already know they'll be extremely poorly fed, it's not like the rations are going to get better, this far into the war, and of course every kleptocrat taking his cut first.  And they're likely even worse off when it comes to clothing.

Come to think of it, the Russians probably should have been retrieving their dead rather than abandoning them, if only to save some used coats and pants for the next Boris in line.  Only a few bullet holes and bloodstains,  like new, I promise comrade.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

I think this will help Russia in the long run and will have forces to March to other counties if they can connect it from another country through Ukraine 

Thanks, Vlad. Make Poland the first country you move to from Ukraine.

I Hope Please GIF

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That was your take-away from the expulsion from Eden?  That it was a net-positive?

I mean, fuck--it's admittedly been a minute since I went to Sunday School.  And perhaps the Catholic Catechism varies a bit from the Orthodox view.  But . . . that wasn't at all how I remember it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

That was your take-away from the expulsion from Eden?  That it was a net-positive?

I mean, fuck--it's admittedly been a minute since I went to Sunday School.  And perhaps the Catholic Catechism varies a bit from the Orthodox view.  But . . . that wasn't at all how I remember it.

Well, they also believe they can take the Baltics quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, pops said:

I know it's been discussed a thousand times in this thread,  but the lack of Russian air superiority is absolutely mind bottling. They've been bluffing with their nukes for 40 years. They have fuck all and they are showing their ass to the world. 

They should have air superiority. But they don’t. Because Ukraine (courtesy of Uncle Sam) has comms superiority. Until this war, I don’t know that it was commonly recognized just what a big deal that is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve already seen this being pushed by humans who are pulling info from Russian bots/propagandists - saying “we have to stop supporting Ukraine or Russia will nuke us.

And the west goes, we heard you complain about that a 1000 times and whatever man. We ain’t scared 

• Hook 'Em 2