Millennial makes himself unhireable

RamjetFDO

6 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Can someone provide me with the definitive year dividing lines for Boomer through today?  It seems kind of fluid.  For example, I was once told that 1969 births were a different generation from 1970 births, but now those are both lumped in the Gen X. 

Then there's the millennials, who used to hang out in wine bars and silently text each other, but who are now all fucking up my dinners out by going in groups of 5-6 couples with all their kids and strollers and shit. 

Then there are today's teenagers - the kids of the later Gen X, I guess, who seem less whiny and entitled (OP story aside). 

Then what are we calling the kids of millennials?

I need a guide or a chart so that I properly direct my scorn and derision.

There isn't really a line but below are the accepted definitions by birth year:

Baby Boomer - mid 1940s - early 60s

Gen X - early-mid 60s - early 80s

Millennials (formerly called Gen Y) - early/mid 80 - early 2000s  (disagreement about the ending years)

Gen Z - disagreement about the start.  Start mid 90s (or whenever you define the Millennial end) - today

10 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Can someone provide me with the definitive year dividing lines for Boomer through today?  It seems kind of fluid.  For example, I was once told that 1969 births were a different generation from 1970 births, but now those are both lumped in the Gen X. 

Then there's the millennials, who used to hang out in wine bars and silently text each other, but who are now all fucking up my dinners out by going in groups of 5-6 couples with all their kids and strollers and shit. 

Then there are today's teenagers - the kids of the later Gen X, I guess, who seem less whiny and entitled (OP story aside). 

Then what are we calling the kids of millennials?

I need a guide or a chart so that I properly direct my scorn and derision.

If they are annoying an young then they are millennials. Doesn't matter when they were born. The olds call all young folks in the workforce millennials. That's how we know you are old and mostly irrelevant. No other thought involved or needed.

11 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

If they are annoying an young then they are millennials. Doesn't matter when they were born. The olds call all young folks in the workforce millennials. That's how we know you are old and mostly irrelevant. No other thought involved or needed.

Old? Likely.  Irrelevant?  Not very fucking likely unless you work as a cashier at Walmart.  Otherwise we are your boss if we are underachievers.  Your boss’s boss if we’re lazy. Regional Director if we haven’t fucked up.  

The long game is a bitch, but it’s the only game. 

18 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

"digital native" = millenial

"facebook is for old people" = millenial

"first phone was 'smartphone' " = millenial

• 4 years later...

https://www.live5news.com/2023/06/16/gas-station-clerk-asks-friend-rob-store-so-he-can-go-home-early-police-say/?outputType=apps

TULSA, Okla. (Gray News) – A gas station employee in Tulsa is accused of asking a friend to find someone to rob the store so he could go home early, police said.

According to the Tulsa Police Department, the investigation began when the employee, Isaias Jones, reported that a man walked into the store June 5 and handed him a note that read, “Give me all your money or I will shoot you.”

Jones complied, and the suspect left with cash.

Investigators later identified Steven Jones (no relation) as the suspect and arrested him on June 8.

However, police said there was more to the story than what appeared. Steven Jones confessed to the robbery, but he said his friend Alyia Locke set up the crime because Isaias Jones had asked her if someone could rob the store so he could leave early.

Police said Locke was arrested for an outstanding warrant and provided text messages that corroborated Steven Jones’ story.

Police then arrested Isaias Jones on Wednesday, who admitted to asking Locke to find someone to rob the store because he was tired and wanted to go home.

Isaias Jones is charged with embezzlement and conspiracy to commit a felony.

Steven Jones is charged with conspiracy to commit embezzlement and possession of a firearm after the former conviction of a felony.

Locke was arrested for an outstanding warrant and could also face charges of embezzlement, police said.

Both men were released on bond, according to jail records. As of Friday afternoon, Locke remains in the Tulsa County Jail.

This is one motley looking crew.

Store clerk who wanted pussy, probably

3GRBAVRSORAEJAV3JAXOBCOZFE.png

Chick who wanted the dick, probably, and set up the heist, and the robber who probably had nothing better to do at the time.

T3JXSBCVGFFLLHTF3XDQDCULPI.png

Locke's  Essay on Human Understanding was chock-full of irrefutable truths, which is to say, "Pussy is Undefeated."

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Once in awhile I will stumble on a post I made years ago.

I'll first read the post, think what fucking idiot said that, look at the user name, see me and think, that answers the question.

Yea I had to go back for the context. Not too bad on this one, but holy shit some of my old shit from the shag is so cringe.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/15/2018 at 7:54 AM, RamjetFDO said:

17-year-old Walmart employee quits over store intercom

Even though he said he had a job lined up before he quit in such a perfectly "look-at-me" millennial fashion, I just don't think there will be too many other employers in his immediate future that would take a chance on this self-indulgent little shit.

https://helenair.com/news/local/fundraisers-planned-to-help-quadriplegic-state-worker-buy-vehicle/article_26304122-e472-11ed-b341-3b3c132b79b5.html

is this the same guy?