Millennial makes himself unhireable

RamjetFDO

When I was 17 I cashiered at a Walmart in North Texas.  Lasted at that job for 2 paychecks before I called it quits.   Instead of doing it like an attention-whoring brat, I walked into the manager's office to surrender my blue apron.  And now I'm proudly employed as Assistant Nightshift Manager at a Super Target in Topeka.

take notes, millenials.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Not a millennial. Just a dumb 17 year old.

17 year olds have been dumb, emotional, and prone to attention seeking behavior since the beginning of time, nothing to do with what generation they’re a part of.

It's not just 17 year olds. This applies to human beings of all ages.

Buncha anal retentive generational naming assholes up in here.

The point was... Do stupid shit, get stupid prizes (i.e., don't expect future potential employers to not take this into consideration).

Geebus... It's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

The point was... Do stupid shit, get stupid prizes (i.e., don't expect future potential employers to not take this into consideration).

That assumes future potential employers will even know about it. I'd leave Walmart off my employment history and if they find out on their own, oh well.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That assumes future potential employers will even know about it. I'd leave Walmart off my employment history and if they find out on their own, oh well.

Just how much of a negative is it if a future employer finds out you quit Wal-Mart when you were 17? That said, I'd imagine a simple google search would find this ninny.

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Just how much of a negative is it if a future employer finds out you quit Wal-Mart when you were 17? That said, I'd imagine a simple google search would find this ninny.

True. And probably not smart to lie to a future employer, but over 50% of people lie on their resumes anyway, so he'd be in good company.

24 minutes ago, Leamas said:

Stupid kid. Maybe he'll grow up. Or he won't and will remain stupid and continue to not learn. Not a millennial. I'm 32, I'm a millennial. I don't think anybody's asked me what I did when I was in high school.

Who let the fucking millennials on the board?  Maybe the powers that be can identify the millennials with a badge or something, so we can appropriately judge their opinions.

33 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Who let the fucking millennials on the board?  Maybe the powers that be can identify the millennials with a badge or something, so we can appropriately judge their opinions.

Oregon Trail Generation motherfucker!  Millennials can suck my knob.  I shall not be associated with them!  Good day!

• Like 3

Just now at Whataburger:

"This is to go." (But of course it is way too hard to hit that key on the register early.)

"I'll have blah blah blah.  And it's to go."  (Half the order is wrong on the order screen.)

""Actually, I ordered blah blah blah.  And it's to go."  (45 seconds later the screen is finally correct.)

"For here or to go?"

Edited by clapclapclap
Generation Zzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

Are they millennials?

1 hour ago, RamjetFDO said:

Look, this isn’t rocket science.  Figure it out.   

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, RamjetFDO said:

17-year-old Walmart employee quits over store intercom

Even though he said he had a job lined up before he quit in such a perfectly "look-at-me" millennial fashion, I just don't think there will be too many other employers in his immediate future that would take a chance on this self-indulgent little shit.

I mean, he's not wrong. Nobody should work at Walmart, ever.

Edited by pacman

7 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Does anybody really think that this tirade against Wal Mart makes the kid unhirable?

I don't. 

Nope.  He's 17 and unless his long term goals are to work minimum wage retail jobs, he'll be just fine.  If he goes to college and applies for a real job in 4 years, this won't even come up, and if it does, and real employer won't give a shit.

He was right about Walmart.

I think he'll do just fine, eventually heading some edgy non-profit, or as a shock-jock DJ, or (my favorite), as personal fixer for some wheelchair-bound Daddy Warbucks who has had it with the string of bloodless MBAs he's run through, and just needs a feisty kid with a pair, who can jump walls, jimmy gates, and get things done.

Can someone provide me with the definitive year dividing lines for Boomer through today?  It seems kind of fluid.  For example, I was once told that 1969 births were a different generation from 1970 births, but now those are both lumped in the Gen X. 

Then there's the millennials, who used to hang out in wine bars and silently text each other, but who are now all fucking up my dinners out by going in groups of 5-6 couples with all their kids and strollers and shit. 

Then there are today's teenagers - the kids of the later Gen X, I guess, who seem less whiny and entitled (OP story aside). 

Then what are we calling the kids of millennials?

I need a guide or a chart so that I properly direct my scorn and derision.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Nope.  He's 17 and unless his long term goals are to work minimum wage retail jobs, he'll be just fine.  If he goes to college and applies for a real job in 4 years, this won't even come up, and if it does, and real employer won't give a shit.

Hell, the "real employer" may even like it.