Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

President's who have overstayed their welcome when there's serious shit on the line, don't tend to linger.  If he loses and doesn't get the message, or wins and tries for some third term bullshit...he would do well to remember what happened to FDR in the closing year of WWII>  

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

There are currently FIFTEEN “acting” cabinet members.

Working on the nation’s behalf doing sensitive and important work without senate confirmation.

That’s insane and unacceptable.

But, nothing fucking matters so what’s the fucking point, right?

And the new ACTING Secretary will be Kevin McAleenan, who is the current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner.

So I’m off to Google this shitbird to find out if he’s a grifter or a moron or a criminal or a predator or thief or a foreign agent or some new category of dirtbag we haven’t yet had foisted on us by this goat fuck rodeo of troglodytes running our country.

God Bless America.

He is a lot better than Nielsen.  He is only a stopgap though.  He won't get the full time job since he is not a Trump knobslobber, is a long time bureaucrat, and climbed the ladder properly through the W and Obama administrations.  He does get caught up in passing the buck with I'm just doing my job, I don't make the laws, the administration does, type statements though.

In the end, it will end up being someone much worse like Kris Kobach.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:56 AM, RomaVicta said:

I don't know what the solution to the immigration issue is, but I have long despised characterizing persons like you describe as evil. In my young days I worked a lot of outdoor, blue collar jobs with guys who barely spoke English.

They worked hard. They lived cheap. They sent money to their families. They didn't harm anyone.

That's the best kind of man. Same goes for the women who work in homes across the nation.

We're not spitting out evil by sending them away. The evil is in the vile language used to falsely portray them.

People are pretty much the same all over the world. Most are good, a few are bad. Some are smart, some are dumb. Some work hard, some don't. Most just want a better life for themselves and their families.  More Americans need to travel abroad and learn this. Too bad only like 1/3 of us even have passports.  You get a better perspective on people and the strengths and weaknesses of the USA when you live or visit other countries for an extended period of time and get to know the locals.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

This evening there was an elderly Dotardian at Anderson and Mopac in a weird red-white-and-blue outfit waving a Trump 2020 banner. I wasn’t quick enough to get a pic.

Seen that dude a couple weeks ago. He ain’t right I figure. 

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

There are currently FIFTEEN “acting” cabinet members.

Working on the nation’s behalf doing sensitive and important work without senate confirmation.

That’s insane and unacceptable.

But, nothing fucking matters so what’s the fucking point, right?

And the new ACTING Secretary will be Kevin McAleenan, who is the current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner.

So I’m off to Google this shitbird to find out if he’s a grifter or a moron or a criminal or a predator or thief or a foreign agent or some new category of dirtbag we haven’t yet had foisted on us by this goat fuck rodeo of troglodytes running our country.

God Bless America.

fifteen? I know there are quite a few, but 15 seems high.

whatever the number is...5, 10, 15.. , i agree, it is unacceptable.

• Like 1

fifteen? I know there are quite a few, but 15 seems high.
whatever the number is...5, 10, 15.. , i agree, it is unacceptable.

Yes, I read the article wrong. It’s four OUT of 15. My head is full of pollen and I’m not at my best. Sorry for being fake news. He currently has acting secretaries/temporary -

-Homeland Security
-Defense
-Interior
-Chief of Staff

bc3496136046ae894e4204f109bd1c90.jpg

Also Nielsenis the 420th person associated with Trump’s administration to resign/leave/be fired. Full list attached in tweet.

That seems like a lot.

And here are some reactions to the new guy.

dc69f263cdb6f729c332d5f31be7b863.jpg
70d03bde3f1e145a82007a71f85e5375.jpg
55cb79a4f280e2be7ad4bf284eb1c12b.jpg
56ff82ded212401ee17804e20760ed3d.jpg
9d72d4b9ac18ce931f242fa27475b6ac.jpg

And when you’ve got the Deep State Conspiracy nutters questioning the guy....
247584f9ef4a31eded8fa3afad5cea5c.jpg

And to top it off, DC law dogs - including George Conway are quoting US Code and stating Trump can’t even appoint this guy.

a5bf67e9f60120bc505fbd7897f67c95.jpg
cdbb36cc9a81cd42ed904064c9e0b689.jpg
08e76ea4246aa455daec3e2db1ac3555.jpg

So, situation normal, all fucked up in Trumplandia.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yes, I read the article wrong. It’s four OUT of 15. My head is full of pollen and I’m not at my best. Sorry for being fake news. He currently has acting secretaries/temporary -

-Homeland Security
-Defense
-Interior
-Chief of Staff

bc3496136046ae894e4204f109bd1c90.jpg

Also Nielsenis the 420th person associated with Trump’s administration to resign/leave/be fired. Full list attached in tweet.

That seems like a lot.

And here are some reactions to the new guy.

dc69f263cdb6f729c332d5f31be7b863.jpg
70d03bde3f1e145a82007a71f85e5375.jpg
55cb79a4f280e2be7ad4bf284eb1c12b.jpg
56ff82ded212401ee17804e20760ed3d.jpg
9d72d4b9ac18ce931f242fa27475b6ac.jpg

And when you’ve got the Deep State Conspiracy nutters questioning the guy....
247584f9ef4a31eded8fa3afad5cea5c.jpg

And to top it off, DC law dogs - including George Conway are quoting US Code and stating Trump can’t even appoint this guy.

a5bf67e9f60120bc505fbd7897f67c95.jpg
cdbb36cc9a81cd42ed904064c9e0b689.jpg
08e76ea4246aa455daec3e2db1ac3555.jpg

So, situation normal, all fucked up in Trumplandia.

200.gif

• Like 1

so do we know how many of these "actors" require senate confirmation?  obviously certain vacancies (chief-of-staff) do not.  but for the ones that do, what's the time limit?  i mean, you can't just appoint who you feel like and call them "acting" indefinitely, correct?  although i guess, in theory, he could just appoint someone new before the time expired.  fun.

https://www.axios.com/kirstjen-nielsen-donald-trump-resignation-tweet-22a6d7a1-db28-42a0-81ac-4701b2146b58.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen brought her resignation letter with her when she met President Trump in the White House residence yesterday afternoon, top sources tell Axios. 

Inside the room: She wasn't intent on quitting but was prepared to, sources tell us. The meeting went poorly, and Trump didn't even let her announce her "resignation." While she was racing to put out the letter (not that different from one she wrote after midterms), Trump tweeted that she "will be leaving her position."

Between the lines: Nielsen had been on the outs with some in the West Wing for at least six months, top officials tell us. 

National security adviser John Bolton has felt the increase in immigration numbers made it clear that her policies weren't effective, and thought the president should relieve her of her duties, a senior administration official said. 

Last fall, Bolton took his advice about Nielsen to Trump, incurring the wrath of then-chief of staff John Kelly, a Nielsen protector. 

Back in October, accounts surfaced of a shouting match between Bolton and Kelly. It turns out that it was over Bolton's Nielsen conversation with Trump. 

Be smart: Nielsen's departure empowers White House hardliner Stephen Miller. 

A Republican Senate aide tells Axios: “Nielsen leaving will make conservatives who were getting fed up with DHS happy."

"Real question will be who’s the [permanent] replacement and does that person have the credentials?"

"Whoever replaces will have one hell of a confirmation hearing.”

56 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Endless supply of clowns in the clown car.

Trump’s A team from 2017 is the best we’re going get.  

Watch him rehire Michael Flynn. 

I agree that they're clowns, but dangerous clowns. Look at all the human suffering that Nielsen facilitated. She carried out the inhumane wishes of this WH, and she's evil for doing it. If this orange pustule gets a full staff of sycophants around him, a second term would be the end of the USA as we know it. We're probably there anyway.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Two best resignation letters so far are Mattis and Scott Pruitt.  They’re polar opposite in tone but almost equally amazing. 

Pruitt’s whole time up there was the saddest of debased bootlicking. Given what Trump likes to see, I t’s sort of amazing that he had to resign.  

58 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, I have no love for the bitch.  She threw away her reputation, her career, everything as soon as she said "I'll do it".

This can be said of nearly everyone who has worked for this admin.  Maybe Gary Cohn got out with some reputation intact, but pretty much everyone else has had their legacy tarnished or destroyed completely by associating with this administration.  The first round of cabinet members were all, "Maybe we can make this work," if they weren't sycophantic opportunists.  That barely kept things on track.  Now that the world has seen that it is impossible for any mildly intelligent person to work with Trump, only shameless opportunists and ideologues will work with him.  No one with any competence will approach the White House until he's gone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

This can be said of nearly everyone who has worked for this admin.  Maybe Gary Cohn got out with some reputation intact, but pretty much everyone else has had their legacy tarnished or destroyed completely by associating with this administration.  The first round of cabinet members were all, "Maybe we can make this work," if they weren't sycophantic opportunists.  That barely kept things on track.  Now that the world has seen that it is impossible for any mildly intelligent person to work with Trump, only shameless opportunists and ideologues will work with him.  No one with any competence will approach the White House until he's gone.

At the end of the day, whats the difference between this administration and the Trump Organization?

Really, how much daylight is there between the two?

Thanks America (and the GOP).  You've turned the West Wing into the Trump Organization--DC branch office.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, retread said:

The ones who decided not to 25th the WH toddler will probably regret that decision when it's all said and done.

That was never going to happen.  For all his faults, Trump has a good sense of who will lick his boots and who won't.  If you need a clue, just look at who he insults.  Those are your people with spines and grit.  He was never going to associate himself with anyone who could seriously challenge him.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

At the end of the day, whats the difference between this administration and the Trump Organization?

Really, how much daylight is there between the two?

Thanks America (and the GOP).  You've turned the West Wing into the Trump Organization--DC branch office.

Nothing.  His campaign and Presidency were never anything more than another grift.  

• Like 1

The part I like is how Nielsen -- shallow and stupid of a bitch as she may be -- KNOWS that she is, and forever will be, unwelcome in decent society.  She can only live in safe-spaces of other hateful xenophobes. I'm sure she'll get her ego stroked at CPAC or some other masturbatory hate-fest, but that's it.

Otherwise, if she's recognized in public, most folks who recognize her will do so with scorn, contempt, and loathing.  People will not be -- and should not be -- afraid to walk right up to her and tell her what a horrifically loathsome creature she is.  And the history books will be most unkind.  Pretty cool -- she's guaranteed that her name will go down among the more shittacular people in American history.

She had a choice.  When asked to serve in the Administration of Shittiness, she could and should have said "no."  She didn't.  And by that failure, condemned her name to being spoken with spit and bile for the rest of history.   Good.  Fuck her.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

That was never going to happen.  For all his faults, Trump has a good sense of who will lick his boots and who won't.  If you need a clue, just look at who he insults.  Those are your people with spines and grit.  He was never going to associate himself with anyone who could seriously challenge him.

Well, that's not quite true.  I didn't think much of Rex Tillerson but he definitely saw through and pushed back on Trump's bullshit.  Kelly & Mattis, to a lesser degree, did so as well.  And of course Pence.  (Wait.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

She had a choice.  When asked to serve in the Administration of Shittiness, she could and should have said "no."  She didn't. 

I actually don't think she had a choice -- amoral and immoral people wouldn't recognize choice.