Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

there are some GOP members who realize at some point, they are going to be in the majority with a Dem president, and if Trump and Barr win on all this executive privilege stuff, it's going to make their jobs impossible. 

Here's where I think we disagree.  The Rs will just make up new rules to get around any precedent and the Ds will concede. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why not both?  Also, this illustrates why congress is actually the bigger problem.  The dotard is a fucking child and acts like one, but the Rs in congress actually know what they are doing and are party and power over country all day every day.

The Rs are in danger of losing Texas within the next few election cycles, and 2018 scared them.

They are robbing the bank and rewarding their masters while they can.  

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

That's not what I said.  Dems aren't looking forward to taking advantage of this situation.

Oh okay. I misunderstood your original post: 

"Yeah.  There's kind of a low grade consensus that if they let him get away with whatever he wants, at some point, a competent Democratic administration is going to take full advantage of that."

I tend to agree with BiffTannen that the Rs would change whatever rules were in the way of them taking on a D president.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Rs are in danger of losing Texas within the next few election cycles, and 2018 scared them.

They are robbing the bank and rewarding their masters while they can.  

Yeah, this is a heist and they’re fine with riding off into the sunset as long as they’re not criminally held accountable. 

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump is such a horrible negotiator he actually has no clue why Mexico won’t pay for his stupid ass wall. 

I would love to play poker with that idiot. I’d be moving my mother in law into a trump tower penthouse right about now. 

Why do you want your mother in law to die in a fire?

38 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

The amount of piss and shit surrounding his grave may actually dissuade people from getting close enough to graffiti his tombstone.

They are going to need to bury him at sea.

They should bury him with osama bin Ladin.  Would be pretty fitting really. 

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Trump/Mnuchin pushing back the Harriet Tubman $20 until 2028.  Was supposed to go live next year.

Leaving Andrew Jackson on fiat currency is literally the most insulting thing you could do to his legacy beyond naming the Federal Reserve after him.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Leaving Andrew Jackson on fiat currency is literally the most insulting thing you could do to his legacy beyond naming the Federal Reserve after him.  

I was at The Hermitage last month and they were trying to promote a hashtag campaign to keep Jackson on the 20. I don't think they knew their market very well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

But Trump's not a racist. This is just another in a really long line of coincidences, all the many different things he's done and said that make him appear racist. 

8 minutes ago, retread said:

This tweet has held up pretty well...

7tmj3J.jpg

it has.

that said, things have changed since the dems took the house and the mueller report has come out.

after a pretty quiet couple years because of those two factors, shit is starting to pile up, and the judges don't seem all that interested in aiding the obstruction.

assuming he can't stall/stonewall for another 18 months, shit will get bad, impeachment proceedings will begin, and eventually, the senate will not convict, so technically, he'll "wriggle out" again.  

but he's gonna get creamed in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So Trump basically said he was going on strike until the Dems stop investigating him.

Makes me wonder if there is a scenario where he might consider resigning.   Like if he wants to keep his financials from public view or something...

i've long held the theory that the scrutiny of being in public office will wind up fucking his business involvements and shed some light on his criminality not related to being president.  that the only thing keeping him from indictments from the sdny (and others) is being president.

in fact, i'm pretty sure that's why he wants a 2nd term (or more) so fucking badly.  it sure as hell isn't to "govern" or to "make american's lives better" or to "make america great again".  it's to keep him free for as long as possible.

otherwise, sure, i think he'd rather resign than show his financials.  but at some point, something's gotta give.  just like capone, eventually, the taxes are gonna fuck ya.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

in fact, i'm pretty sure that's why he wants a 2nd term (or more) so fucking badly.  it sure as hell isn't to "govern" or to "make american's lives better" or to "make america great again".  it's to keep him free for as long as possible.

Yep.  This is also why I don't expect him to leave willingly if he loses.

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  This is also why I don't expect him to leave willingly if he loses.

Obama saying the same thing would have caused multiple aneurysms at Fox. 

Edited by 4th&Five

I'm sure the WH is calculating the negative impact of televised hearings, but you have to wonder if there are other indiscretions that might be revealed by further testimony?

Mueller did say that some evidence was destroyed, so he couldn't list everything that happened.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Obama saying the same thing would have caused multiple aneurysms at Fox. 

something odd to consider - will his overconfidence confuse some of his voters into a lower turnout in 2020?

he's going to get crushed, but sometimes people get lazy if they think their vote is "meaningless".

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

something odd to consider - will his overconfidence confuse some of his voters into a lower turnout in 2020?

he's going to get crushed, but sometimes people get lazy if they think their vote is "meaningless".

The George Soros caravan will be back to motivate his voters. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So Trump basically said he was going on strike until the Dems stop investigating him.

Makes me wonder if there is a scenario where he might consider resigning.   Like if he wants to keep his financials from public view or something...

Not a chance in hell, because Trump would never trust the Dems to adhere to their end of such a deal.

Just now, Brandywine said:

Man, I wish there was just One thing to come out on Trump that would make 90% of the people turn on him.

he could save the world and 38% of the people would like him.

he could murder the pope and 38% of the people would like him.

26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i've long held the theory that the scrutiny of being in public office will wind up fucking his business involvements and shed some light on his criminality not related to being president.  that the only thing keeping him from indictments from the sdny (and others) is being president.

otherwise, sure, i think he'd rather resign than show his financials.  but at some point, something's gotta give.  just like capone, eventually, the taxes are gonna fuck ya.

I would hope that the SDNY would bring an indictment regardless and force Barr and the OLC to have to come out and say the President is above the law. Those optics would be terrible. 

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump is such a horrible negotiator he actually has no clue why Mexico won’t pay for his stupid ass wall. 

I would love to play poker with that idiot. I’d be moving my mother in law into a trump tower penthouse right about now. 

You think Trump would really honor a lost bet? Something tells me the man has welshed on every bet he has ever lost.

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

You think Trump would really honor a lost bet? Something tells me the man has welshed on every bet he has ever lost.

Well I’d make sure the game was being run by a guy like Teddy KGB so he wouldn’t try to stiff me 

Oh wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1