2019 Sugar Bowl - Texas vs. Georgia

satyanash

25 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh gee, I didn't realize that's how it works now lol

Even thought Fields is catching some crap for wanting to go elsewhere, it was 100% on Smart because he somehow can't handle two QBs that could start.  12 days ago, Smart was telling reporters this about Fields:

“He decided he wanted to play in the Sugar Bowl, and I told him ‘absolutely, we want you there,’ ” Smart said Wednesday night. “Justin is working extremely hard, he’s in the meeting rooms, he’s still rolling with our twos. I’m pleased with his work and demeanor, he has had good reps.” 

SUGAR BOWL
Final Score:

W 28-21

First Downs:
Texas – 20
UGA – 20

Third Down Conversions
Texas – 9-19
UGA – 6-13

Total Yards:
Texas - 357
UGA - 284

Passing:
Texas – 20-28, 177 yards
UGA - 20-34, 284 yards, 3 TD, 1 int

Rushing:
Texas - 48-180, 3.8 ypc, 3 TD
UGA - 30-72, 2.4 ypc, 0 TD, fumble

Texas – 34:36
UGA – 25:10

Turnovers:
Texas - 0
UGA - 2

Penalties:
Texas – 5-45
UGA – 2-25

Hot Take: We simply played harder. We punched them in the mouth out of the gate and never stopped punching. Nice tough win by the Horns. UGA's vaunted offense had essentially the same stats as ISU did when they played us. The #5 team in the nation. The #2 SEC team. That's a big win for anyone, but even bigger for us.
If there was one big factor it was committing to shutting down their run and making Fromm beat us, and he fell short.

Bevo vs. UGA the highlight of the bowl season.

On that same note, what kind of water headed retard thinks it would be a good idea to put a bulldog next to a Longhorn for a photo op and can't think of any potential downside?  I know Bevo has handlers, but they are like the guy who rides the elephant at the circus:  He doesn't REALLY tell the elephant where to go, he's only making suggestions.  UGA is alive because Bevo made that choice.

Edited by Cornfusion
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1