Tyler Trent (Purdue superfan) has passed away.

Parliament

Great write up by Gregg Doyel of the Indy Star.

The whole story is really well done but long so here is a couple of snippets-

INDIANAPOLIS – Tyler Trent liked Mahi Mahi: grilled, not blackened. And he liked Starbucks coffee: something with peppermint, preferably. He liked pizza – thin, not thick – and popsicles. And Pepsi Max.

Toward the end, with the cancerous tumor eating into his lower back and then spreading all over his body, Tyler didn’t have control over much. A bag hung next to his bed, connected by a tube to kidneys that weren’t functioning on their own. His legs weren’t working. Or his left arm. But with his right hand he could type on his phone.

And he could eat. Lord, could he eat. Doughnuts with sprinkles. Waffle fries from Bub’s Burgers, extra marshmallow sauce. Pancakes. Sweet tea, no ice. Those are just some of the items I brought Tyler over the past few months. It was our ritual: “Tyler,” I’d text. “I’m coming to see you.”

Two McDonald’s breakfast burritos for $2, he’d text back, with a smiling emoji.

“Tyler,” I’d text another time. “See you in an hour.”

Black cherry malt.

You don’t have cancer, I told Tyler one time. You have a tapeworm.

You’re not dying, I told him another time. You’re pregnant.

He smiled. Always, he smiled. Want to feel like a hero? Make Tyler Trent smile.

This won’t surprise you, any: Even when he was dying, Tyler Trent refused to die. Even at the end, he wouldn’t give into the cancer that had been coming for him since he was 15, coming back again and again, chipping away at his body but not his spirit, not his faith.

Late Tuesday afternoon, the end was near. His family knew. They gathered around his bed and prayed for him. They loved on him. Tyler stopped breathing, and that was that. Everyone looked around.

And Tyler started to breathe again.

Then it happened a second time. And a third. Three times, Tyler stopped breathing. Three times, he started back up again. One by one, his family approached Tyler – his mom and dad, his brothers, his grandma – and told him it was OK. They would see him again in heaven. He could go. They were ready.

Tyler stopped breathing a fourth time.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2019/01/02/doyel-tyler-trent-purdue-fan-cancer-made-difference/2461449002/

I hate people.

A Florida man has been arrested in connection with online threats made to Tyler Trent’s family.

John Matthew Pinkham, 39, has been charged with making written threats to kill or injure, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement Monday.

Investigators say Pinkham allegedly posted threats on Trent’s Facebook page after the Purdue super fan's death last week.

In the posts, Pinkham allegedly threatened violence at Trent’s Celebration of Life, which is being held Tuesday, and threatened to kill Trent's mother, the sheriff’s office said.

Pinkham is accused of using an alias, Julie Homan, to make multiple posts on Trent's Facebook page. Volusia County investigators said the threats included:

• “Cant wait till I can choke the life out of you” … “funerals coming and I will appear like the reaper”
  • “just wait until yall hear what I do at his funeral..i promise I will make headlines..i will kill his mother.. just watch I will be talked about forever..this is no idol threat.”

Pinkham was arrested at his home in Deltona, Florida, on Monday afternoon. He was questioned and then charged, the sheriff’s office said.

Making written threats to kill or injure is a felony charge.

13 minutes ago, HundredWaters said:

Meh, the kid fought and I respect that, but he was a douchebag once you research the things he said, Good riddance. 

Hey Numbnuts- Either back up what you’re spewing or get the fuck out. 

Nah- on second thought, never mind. Go fuck yourself. 

Just now, HundredWaters said:

DO you know how to google fuck for brains? If not, then stfu and play in traffic. 

Yeah, I just googled “Dumb Ass”- Your profile popped up. Congrats on making your mark on the world.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got parked cars to chase. 

EABOD Idoit.