Kingsbury interviewing for NFL Jobs

Hornius Emeritus

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Has there been a worse NFL hire on paper? 

And before you mention that mustached putrid fuck Jeff Fisher, at least that slapdick had a Super Bowl appearance and another appearance in the conference championship game.

What the fuck has Kingsbury done?  Not a lick of NFL coaching experience.  A 35-40 overall record at Texas Tech, his only head coaching gig.  One bowl win.  A losing season the past three seasons.  Has the NFL lost its fucking mind?

Lol its the nfl. That league isnt exactly full of smart people

Look, the nfl.... after almost 25 years... is beginning to adopt spread/air raid concepts. Its pathetic that it took them this long and they are only just now copying it because of what success guys like Mahomes and Mayfield are having.

This will be a hilariously bad hire

15 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

Kliff Kingbury leads a very fucking charmed life indeed.

Nothing like failing up for sure.  Though, I think the NFL trend towards more wide open college style offenses played a role in this (if the news ends up being true).  Though, we are talking about the AZ Cardinals who were the definition of poor ownership/management ...  

10 minutes ago, SDG said:

Talk about falling up.  

So undeserved. But I guess the NFL realized hiring successful college coaches rarely works out, so maybe they will try hiring failed ones.

I mean when I heard the Kliff was interviewing for a NFL job I just presumed it was going to be an assistant coach position. How stupid was I?

Edited by Valmy77

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The “pro style” offense will be completely gone from the nfl in less than a decade

Neal Brown, Mike Leach, Graham Harrell, Gus Malzahn, and Lincoln Riley all gonna make the jump to the NFL next season

But but but.. Big boy foobaaww!  SECSECSEC!! The best conference in the land because it gets recruits so NFL ready!! In NFL systems!! 

13 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol its the nfl. That league isnt exactly full of smart people

Look, the nfl.... after almost 25 years... is beginning to adopt spread/air raid concepts. Its pathetic that it took them this long and they are only just now copying it because of what success guys like Mahomes and Mayfield are having.

This will be a hilariously bad hire

This is an overreaction to an entire generation of missing the boat on spread offense.  A realistic response would have been to hire someone like KK 10 years ago to coach QBs and then try them out at OC if the first job works out.  Now they are in panic mode and overreacting to the previous error.  At least this mistake is tactical rather than strategic.  And the horse might learn to sing...

• Like 1

Personally, I'm rooting for the guy..... the more integration of spread offenses into the NFL is a good thing.  He's got a dreadful roster and GM hanging by a alcoholic thread though.... They need to draft/sign an entire new OL and revamp their defense.  Going to be hard for Coach Bro and he'll need to hire the best DC he can.

I just have a hard time differentiating, from a football perspective, between Kingsbury and someone like June Jones.  Bringing something "revolutionary" to the NFL only to have the good parts of it merged into a more "traditional" NFL offense and the rest of it tossed.

The tinfoil hat in me thinks the whole thing was coordinated.  USC hired him temporarily to save recruiting and Arizona didn't mind waiting so they could announce hiring "usc's offensive coordinator" rather than "the coach recently fired from Texas fucking tech." 

Sounds nuts, sure, but what from this progression of events doesn't seem nuts?  Fired from tech.  News that NFL teams want to interview him.  Very suddenly takes usc oc job under lame duck head coach.  Lands recruiting class.  Resigns, putting himself on the hook for his own buyout.  Gets Arizona hc job.

You can convince me my theory sounds crazy, but you can't convince me the truth isn't crazy either way. 

1 minute ago, Extra Anejo said:

If you are a Cardinals fan, just about anything new wold be exciting. Hope KK succeeds and makes the NFL fun to watch.

Yeah, I think that's a big part of the appeal, to go along with his Air Raid credentials.  Kliff is a helluva lot more exciting than another Matt La Fleur, faceless longtime NFL assistant type, even if it's partly exciting because Kliff's HC tenure could be an absolute disaster.  People will watch.

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

And based on results, another 24 active coaches are worse than him.

Jerrah?  Is that you?

other 24 teams hardly have the roster with which Garrett has to work. Kliff’s situation is hardly an apt comparison. 

Personally, I'm rooting for the guy..... the more integration of spread offenses into the NFL is a good thing.  He's got a dreadful roster and GM hanging by a alcoholic thread though.... They need to draft/sign an entire new OL and revamp their defense.  Going to be hard for Coach Bro and he'll need to hire the best DC he can.

He never hired a good DC at tech why would he hire one now? This will be a failed hire

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I don't watch much NFL football, but are there any recent examples of someone with Klifford's qualifications landing a HC job?  

There are copious examples of same ole, same ole retreads producing jack shit. 

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Are  you talking about the roster that GM Jerry Jones assembled? :)

Jerrah...um...Stephen is a better GM than Garrett is a coach, yes, I’d go there. 

This one makes absolutely no sense to me. If he had landed an OC job at the next level, proven himself a little bit more, then was offered a HC gig I’d understand. But this is borderline laughable to me. Maybe i will be proven wrong.

And yes Fozz, the AZ sports media LOVES this hire. One guy even went as far as to say “his resume isn’t exactly what you’d want from HC, but make no mistake about it. This guy is one of the 5 best offensive minds in all of football”

lol what?!

• Like 1