Kingsbury interviewing for NFL Jobs

Hornius Emeritus

1 hour ago, slorch said:

He threw for 734 yards against OU and fucking lost, while Tech scored 59 points.

He threw for 370 yards and 4 TDS against LSU and lost.

Could go On and on.

Offense was hardly the issue.  Ever.

I did not state, nor did I imply, that offense was the issue.

The point you somehow missed is, Kingsbury benefited from the services of an apparent Pro Bowl-caliber QB, yet couldn't even win half his games in college. This is ultimately why Tech showed him the door ... but Arizona thinks fratboy is gonna cut it in the NFL as a head coach?

It is a mind-numbingly stupid hire.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

20 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The point you somehow missed is, Kingsbury benefited from the services of an apparent Pro Bowl-caliber QB, yet couldn't even win half his games in college. This is ultimately why Tech showed him the door ... but Arizona thinks fratboy is gonna cut it in the NFL as a head coach?

It's the new trend in the NFL. They want offensive minds as head coaches so they don't have to replace offensive coordinators every 1-2 years.  I'm a Titan fan and LaFleur wasn't much of an offensive play caller in his first season finishing 25th in total offense. It was his first season as an OC calling plays and now all of a sudden he's HC of the Packers. I guess he wasn't dealt the greatest hand to work with, but the Packers are taking a leap of faith just as the Cardinals are.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chad said:

It's the new trend in the NFL. They want offensive minds as head coaches so they don't have to replace offensive coordinators every 1-2 years.  I'm a Titan fan and LaFleur wasn't much of an offensive play caller in his first season finishing 25th in total offense. It was his first season as an OC calling plays and now all of a sudden he's HC of the Packers. I guess he wasn't dealt the greatest hand to work with, but the Packers are taking a leap of faith just as the Cardinals are.

That is such a horrible idea I am surprised Dan Snyder did not pioneer it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

If you gave good head like Kliff does, you would.

Fox Sports Holly Sonders finally made she and KK's relationship public today on twitter.  It's been a not very well kept secret for a while now.

Always will! He’s the best. And we are a little past the crush part

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Fox Sports Holly Sonders finally made she and KK's relationship public today on twitter.  It's been a not very well kept secret for a while now.

Always will! He’s the best. And we are a little past the crush part

Holy Crap!

Holly is no stranger to the knife. (scalpel)

I'm not familiar with her because I don't really watch FOX Sports, but I'd love to know what she looked like in high school to get an idea of how many surgeries she's had. She's attractive in a slutty comic book ho kind of way, but she could use a 2nd (3rd?) nose job and tone down some of the makeup... though that might be covering her surgical scars.

As for Kliff, I don't know why people are so worked up about it. Sure it's odd, but it's not like anyone is here is a huge Cardinals fan.

Kliff has worked with: Johnny Manziel, Davis Webb, Baker Mayfield, and Patrick Mahomes between the two QB wastelands of Texas A&M & Texas Tech.

4 guys who have made it to the NFL and two ended up winning the Heisman. Also, Kliff was drafted into the NFL and then spent 3 years on practice squads, so he's familiar with the NFL life. He also has continued to network offseason and is now getting a chance to work with a 2nd year QB who was the 10th pick in the NFL draft last year. The Cardinals want/need a QB whisperer and Kliff appears available and qualified for that.

As for the rest of the NFL Head Coaching duties... I doubt that he's prepared for that, but the GM is supposed to be the guy who brings in the talent, they have the 1st pick in this year's draft to play with, and the should dump a ton of money to get a good DC. Arizona's offense was pathetic this past year and were painful to watch. If nothing else, I'm betting (not much) that the offense will at least be watchable under Kliff and that's a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

EDIT UPDATE:

Kingsbury, who won the Sammy Baugh Trophy as the country's best collegiate QB while at Texas Tech in 2002, has coached Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes, Denver's Case Keenum, the Giants' Davis Webb, the Chargers' Nic Shimonek and former Browns first-round pick Johnny Manziel. (Don't' know why they left out Baker Mayfield, but they did.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25715541/arizona-cardinals-hire-kliff-kingsbury

SIX NFL QBs, though Cocaine Johnny is not exactly in the NFL.

"QB Whisperer"

Edited by Napoleon

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

EDIT UPDATE:

Kingsbury, who won the Sammy Baugh Trophy as the country's best collegiate QB while at Texas Tech in 2002, has coached Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes, Denver's Case Keenum, the Giants' Davis Webb, the Chargers' Nic Shimonek and former Browns first-round pick Johnny Manziel. (Don't' know why they left out Baker Mayfield, but they did.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25715541/arizona-cardinals-hire-kliff-kingsbury

SIX NFL QBs, though Cocaine Johnny is not exactly in the NFL.

"QB Whisperer"

Plus fwiw, in an interview after he was fired, he said Alan Bowman was going to be the best of all of them.  Who knows if it turns out that way or not, but just thought it was interesting considering the company he was in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Obviously they should have deferredto your expertise...

I’m not defending the hire one way or the other, but the point you failed to make is recognizing that offense wasn’t the issue, and then somehow apply a different value to having Patrick Mahomes on the team.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm not familiar with her because I don't really watch FOX Sports, but I'd love to know what she looked like in high school to get an idea of how many surgeries she's had. She's attractive in a slutty comic book ho kind of way, but she could use a 2nd (3rd?) nose job and tone down some of the makeup... though that might be covering her surgical scars.

That's too much text to fit on this meme:

Image result for Butthurt Dweller

Interesting contrast between the Rams' process in hiring McVeigh and the Cardinals' "process" for hiring Kingsbury.

Nevertheless, the coach of the Cardinals’ future was employed by the University of Southern California at the time and was not allowed to talk with NFL teams about any future employment. Athletic director Lynn Swann told NFL teams they could not interview his football team’s offensive coordinator, and NFL teams were forced to respect that or be in violation of the league’s conduct rules as late as Saturday evening. By Monday, that appeared to be cleared up when Kingsbury was meeting with Jets officials for their vacant position and lining up an interview with the Cardinals the following day. (Kingsbury’s USC buyout is a mere $150,000, and the Cardinals will take care of that, according to NFL Network.)

Kingsbury was in Arizona by early Tuesday morning, and by 1 p.m. local time he was finalizing his four-year deal with an option for a fifth year. It was an objectively fast process, and as one NFL executive told us last year, “people are making decisions in 24-48 hours, and if you don’t take someone, someone else will.”

. . .

A quick refresher on the Rams’ 2017 pursuit of McVay, via the Orange County Register: After firing Jeff Fisher on Dec. 12, 2016, the Rams put together a list of candidates that included McVay. Washington finished its season on Jan. 1 and the Rams flew McVay out to L.A. on Jan. 4 for dinner and a formal interview the following day, where he also watched film with quarterback Jared Goff. Five days later, the Rams flew McVay back to L.A. He had dinner with owner Stan Kroenke and Rams legend Marshall Faulk. The next day he was back in the building meeting with Aaron Donald and others.

In the span of nearly a week, after two dinners, two formal interviews, meetings with every shot-caller in the organization and the most important members on both sides of the ball, McVay finally had the job. It’s unclear what Kingsbury did or who he met with Tuesday morning, but it can be stated with no real objection that the Cardinals know far less about their new head coach than the Rams did about theirs two years ago.

In fact, the Cardinals may know even less about Kingsbury than they did about Wilks, who a year ago interviewed twice with Arizona before getting the job.

SI.com: The Cardinals' Coaching Search Moved Fast--Really, Really Fast

Again . . . what the fuck?

So Tech has two former players now head coaches in the NFL, and the potential MVP in Mahomes.  I'm in bizarro world.  If KK is successful in AZ, and I hope he is, I will just throw my hands up in the air.  How do you get fired from Tech for not winning and get hired into the NFL as a head coach?

Will the Cardinals start drafting Tech players all over the place?  The NFL is looking like they are going the way of the Big 12, all offense, no defense.

35 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

So Tech has two former players now head coaches in the NFL, and the potential MVP in Mahomes.  I'm in bizarro world.  If KK is successful in AZ, and I hope he is, I will just throw my hands up in the air.  How do you get fired from Tech for not winning and get hired into the NFL as a head coach?

Will the Cardinals start drafting Tech players all over the place?  The NFL is looking like they are going the way of the Big 12, all offense, no defense.

It's not that there is no defense (See Texas vs Georgia), it is just that the B12 offenses are so much more advanced right now than any defensive scheme. The dirty dime was the first thing to really neutralize those offenses over the course of a season, but this year it was far less effective. a B12 offense with NFL talent would run roughshod over a traditional NFL defense. 

I can’t wait for Kliffy to go winless be fired after one season, have Holly dump him then the day after Charlize Theron suddenly flies to pick him up in her private jet, marry him and tell him he will never have to work again and just to make love to her everyday...bastard

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slorch said:

Obviously they should have deferredto your expertise...

I’m not defending the hire one way or the other, but the point you failed to make is recognizing that offense wasn’t the issue, and then somehow apply a different value to having Patrick Mahomes on the team.

I have no idea what you're trying to say or imply, and I'm not sure you do, either. It seems you have zeroed in on something that is not there, mostly likely because you are unwilling (or incapable) of grasping the original point.

16 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Again, the Tech offense is exactly NOT why Kliff was fired. 

Read your own fucking posts and it might help you comprehend the replies. 

58 minutes ago, slorch said:

Again, the Tech offense is exactly NOT why Kliff was fired. 

Read your own fucking posts and it might help you comprehend the replies. 

shawshank-2.gif?fit=470,238

Never stated--nor implied--that offense was the reason Kingsbury was fired. You are making this up. Again, you've zeroed in on something that is not there.

It's in the quote, but yeah, you're rolling...

Your words:  Kingsbury benefited from the services of an apparent Pro Bowl-caliber QB, yet couldn't even win half his games in college. This is ultimately why Tech showed him the door.

2013 Total offense: 11th

2014 Total offense: 25th

2015 Total offense: 4th

2016 Total offense: 8th

2017 Total offense: 18th

2018 Total Offense: 28th

2013, 2014, and 2018 had true Freshmen QBs playing the majority of the snaps for the season. 2017 had a guy who wouldn't have beaten out many starters elswehere in the Big XII.  Some of what Kliff did WITHOUT Mahomes on offense was borderline miraculous and is why he was sought after in this offseason.

The performance away from the ball, including special teams and game management, along with recruiting are the biggest contributors to his failure at the college level.  It will be interesting to see how much power his OC is given with regard to game management. Special Teams Corch and DC should shore up his other opportunities, along with the GM on the talent acquisition front.

I'm wondering how much these folks considering Kliff as a candidate were also influenced by visions of Andy Reed constantly having his little pow-wows on the sideline with Mahomes in between possessions.  Yeah...Kliff can do that too, right?

We don't know that answer yet.  Following the template hasn't exactly worked out for the Cards, so why not go all-in on a guy if you're fucked anyway?

IMHO, Rosen is shit as a QB and will not be remotely close to Mahomes 2.0, or even Mayfield.

Influencing and developing QBs is what Kliff can do beyond the shadow of a doubt.  I think Rosen will be his toughest project yet.

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I can’t wait for Kliffy to go winless be fired after one season, have Holly dump him then the day after Charlize Theron suddenly flies to pick him up in her private jet, marry him and tell him he will never have to work again and just to make love to her everyday...bastard

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Holy Crap!

As for Kliff, I don't know why people are so worked up about it. Sure it's odd, but it's not like anyone is here is a huge Cardinals fan.

Kliff has worked with: Johnny Manziel, Davis Webb, Baker Mayfield, and Patrick Mahomes between the two QB wastelands of Texas A&M & Texas Tech.

4 guys who have made it to the NFL and two ended up winning the Heisman. Also, Kliff was drafted into the NFL and then spent 3 years on practice squads, so he's familiar with the NFL life. He also has continued to network offseason and is now getting a chance to work with a 2nd year QB who was the 10th pick in the NFL draft last year. The Cardinals want/need a QB whisperer and Kliff appears available and qualified for that.

As for the rest of the NFL Head Coaching duties... I doubt that he's prepared for that, but the GM is supposed to be the guy who brings in the talent, they have the 1st pick in this year's draft to play with, and the should dump a ton of money to get a good DC. Arizona's offense was pathetic this past year and were painful to watch. If nothing else, I'm betting (not much) that the offense will at least be watchable under Kliff and that's a step in the right direction.

I'm sorry...I wasn't paying attention...did you say something?

20 minutes ago, demos said:

^^ That’s a good looking beard.

I agree. She's cut to look like those new sex dolls that you see articles about and she uses a ton of makeup & filters to make herself look like a comic book heroine dream-bot.

I'm not saying that she's not very attractive and has that aggressively slutty attitude to go with it that is like a teenage boy's dream (teenage boys of all ages), I think that she can walk into a room and EVERY (straight/bi) guy will stop what they're doing and stare (as well as most women... no matter their sexual orientation). I'm just saying that she had done a LOT to have this look and I'd be interested to know what her original look was.

Like the youngest Jenner kid was the ugly duckling... until they cut her up every which way possible before her 18th birthday and now she's the torch bearer for the "sexiest bombshell in the family" award to keep that show going for another decade or two. 

Watching that press conference is surreal.  It reminds me of the scene in the movie Rock Star where Mark Whalberg is doing the press conference with the band Steel Dragon and his old bandmates who told him to get a life are sitting at home on their couches in disbelief.

19 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Watching that press conference is surreal.  It reminds me of the scene in the movie Rock Star where Mark Whalberg is doing the press conference with the band Steel Dragon and his old bandmates who told him to get a life are sitting at home on their couches in disbelief.

Wait, are we the ones who need to get a life?

15 hours ago, slorch said:

The performance away from the ball, including special teams and game management, along with recruiting are the biggest contributors to his failure at the college level.  It will be interesting to see how much power his OC is given with regard to game management. Special Teams Corch and DC should shore up his other opportunities, along with the GM on the talent acquisition front.

This is why I think KK could possibly be more successful at the pro level than the college level. It's an offense-driven league at this point, and he should be able to produce good offenses. At Tech he had to lure defensive players to Lubbock via recruiting (which he apparently wasn't very good at); in the NFL they don't have a choice. So if they have a competent GM, who not only ensures that they draft quality players but also ensures that they have a competent defensive coaching staff...I could see it. But who knows. 

8 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

This is why I think KK could possibly be more successful at the pro level than the college level. It's an offense-driven league at this point, and he should be able to produce good offenses. At Tech he had to lure defensive players to Lubbock via recruiting (which he apparently wasn't very good at); in the NFL they don't have a choice. So if they have a competent GM, who not only ensures that they draft quality players but also ensures that they have a competent defensive coaching staff...I could see it. But who knows. 

Agreed. The NFL is having a "young offense minded" coaching moment. Some will be great and some will fail. 

I think KK has demonstrated a competency for installing and running the air raid at the collegiate level, but not anything more than that, and his offenses without Mahomes were nothing special.  He's like an Air Raid Sterlin Gilbert - he's not the Art Briles...he's not even the Dino Babers of his coaching tree.  I don't see anything about him that indicates that he will be capable of adapting his offensive system to the NFL.  Did they try to get Riley to interview?  He's someone who has demonstrated far more than competency as an offensive mind.  

Edited by Fozzz