On this day, 13 years ago...

satyanash

I watched every play of this game and was pulling for Texas every step of the way.  Two or three of Alabama's last second wins over the years have come closer to stopping my heart but I can honestly say I have never enjoyed watching a sporting event more than the Horns vs. USC BCS champeenship in the best setting of all.  One reason I enjoyed it even more was the way Reggie Bush's and Lyndale White's fathers where mugging and glad handing whopping it up on the USC sideline earlier in the day when USC had all the momentum and they were cashing Reggie's and Lyndale's checks in their heads.  Plus - didn't like Pete Carroll then, don't like him now.  Anyone who got to be there in person, count yourself lucky, and good on you.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Too bad we've been overshadowed by all those aggy NCs since then.

Don't forget the legendary aggy/LSU overtime game where Jimbo's nephew punched a dude's pacemaker.

That game was so epic that it's already been forgotten after a few weeks.

2 hours ago, ramirezut said:

"I didn't know y'all was doin all this shit..."

Matt Leinart just can't help himself.  Immediately after the game he was acting the sore loser, and in this interview he basically said "I knew we had no chance".

You know who would never say either of those things?  Vince Young.  Had Texas lost, he would have (a) congratulated USC on a great victory and (b) for the rest of his life tell everyone he just KNEW we were gonna win, but in the end didn't get it done.  It's like night and day.  Gah, Leinart is such a twat.

Edited by jimmyjazz

The thing I will always remember about this game is that we had my best friend's family over to watch, and his son was an overly-emotional little shit at the time who had had a crying, screaming meltdown in our house over an NFL game a month earlier.  When we lined up for the 4th-and-5, my friend tells the boy, "We might lose the game right here, so prepare yourself."  I remember looking at him and thinking, "Are you out of your fucking mind?  Vince Young is about to win this game."