No, I’m not crying. You’re crying

Neonmoon

On 1/5/2019 at 2:32 PM, Clackles said:

Only time I remember crying watching a movie was Cinderella Man, when Braddock finally breaks down and has to go pass the hat amongst the rich guys to keep the heat on for his family.  Cried a couple times watching Texas play with some fucking heart this season though.

My favorite "sports" movie ever.  Lots of tear-jerk moments in that one, for me none bigger than the scene on the sidewalk after they return the stolen sausage to the butcher. 

Edited by threesheets

As a child,

Superman 2 when he loses his powers and hitch hikes to the North Pole

Empire when Han gets frozen in carbonite

As an adult,

Marley and Me (a beatdown)
Mr Gower scenes in Its a Wonderful Life
End of Blackhawk Down
Medic asking for his mom in Saving Private Ryan

2nd on Coco and Warrior

• 2 years later...

Anything military.  I just can't fathom the sacrifice.  Hell, I was a little bitch when I had to leave my fam for 2 weeks to open a restaurant in Austin several years ago

Anything kids.  I saw Schindler's List at a theater when it came out.  One of my favorite movies.  To this day, I've only seen it once because of the kid scenes.

Terms of Endearment.  Lived it.

Big Fish.  Perfect movie, IMO.

Sports movies.  Rudy, The Natural? Hoosiers, Victory.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:13 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Brian’s song

I recently saw an interview with James Caan on CBS Sunday Morning. It was just in the last week or two. He confirmed that he’s been approached by hundreds of fully grown men who’ve told him that was the only movie that ever made them cry.

I’ll add We Are Marshall. There are a lot of tear-jerking moments in that film, some real, some fictionalized for dramatic effect. One that did happen was when Bobby Bowden welcomed Jack Lengyel and his Marshall coaches to WVU to study the veer offense. And the Mountaineers really did wear a green cross on their helmets for the 1971 season. As Lengyel said in the film, that was “first class.”

RIP, Bobby. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 2:20 PM, freyguy said:

Same here.  Wife wanted to see it, didn’t know nuthin about it.  When the credits were rolling, the wife says to me “ready to go?”  And I’m like, no, gonna sit here for a few minutes till this Eddie Vedder song is over.

Pearl Jam’s never been one for wedding songs, but damned if Eddie can’t write some great funeral songs. 

My dad is a huge Cowboys fan and over the years we accumulated many videos of the boys. One moment that always makes me cry like a baby is when Roger Staubach talks about Tom Landry in his retirement announcement. “Of course the nuts and bolts of the Dallas cowboys (his voice breaks and tears form)…is the man who wears funny hats on the sidelines.” I’m getting emotional thinking about it lol 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I remember when Rafael got jumped by the foot clan. And they tossed his sais over the wall. 

I was prolly 7 or 8 years old 

Man, same age, and I remember the movie being too mature from the word go. I didn't like the Bud Bundy character with the headphones and how he and his dead interacted it made me feel sad, but the worst was April O'Neil being old and ugly (to my kid eyes) and Casey Jones (who was my favorite cartoon and toy) being an old dirty greasy car mechanic looking dude whose sweatpants looked like they smelled like farts and he sucked.

The only movie I remember crying at as a child was Ben Hur.  When his mom and sister have leprosy and he can’t be with them.  Fucked me up Royal.

Now that I have kids, everything makes me cry.  

2 scenes that get me no matter how many times I watch them (and I watch each at least once a year):

Band of Brothers: “…but I served in a company of heroes.”

It’s a Wonderful Life: “…my brother George, the richest man in town.”

• Hook 'Em 1