No, I’m not crying. You’re crying

Neonmoon

Achievement gets me.  When it's in the face of the douchebag antagonist, it's even better

Men of Honor- When Cookie gets his twelve( fuck the upstart Captain)

A Beautiful Mind- when he acknowledges his wife's unwavering support in his crowning professional moment( fuck the spirits who tormented him)

Finding Forrester- When a friend keeps his promise( fuck the professor)

Michael Crabtree...  just kidding.  never cried.  Fuck those douchebags though.

Fuck yes on Coco.

such a beautiful story, but end made me think of dear MIL with alzheimers.

wife and I were both full waterworks at the end.  It was a great cry though.

Pretty much any military movie.

Pretty much any sports movie.

Sometimes the it's not so much the movie but a certain scene.

One out of left field comes to mind.  The movie where Mark Wahlburg is trying to make the Eagles.  They're playing at Dallas and you see Tom Landry's figure/hat in the shadows.

The funeral scene at the end of American Sniper.  Song puts it over the top.

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

End of Big Fish.  I had no idea what the movie was about.  Went with my wife as a favor.  At the end, I just stared at my Coke can.  No way I was tearing up in public.

I watched that with my parents a long time ago when visiting for Christmas. The end really grabbed me for sure, but when it was over my dad (who was about 60 at the time) got up from his chair, we could hear him starting to sob, and he left the house. I think Albert Finney’s character reminded him a lot of his old man.

• Like 1

Shawshank

Rudy

Terms of Endearment 

Forrest Gump (when he finds out that’s his son)

E.T. (Lost I when I was 10)

The pursuit of Happyness

And one that just kills me is “Dad” with Jack Lemmon and Ted Danson.  Good grief

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

End of Big Fish.  I had no idea what the movie was about.  Went with my wife as a favor.  At the end, I just stared at my Coke can.  No way I was tearing up in public.

Same here.  Wife wanted to see it, didn’t know nuthin about it.  When the credits were rolling, the wife says to me “ready to go?”  And I’m like, no, gonna sit here for a few minutes till this Eddie Vedder song is over.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Only time I remember crying watching a movie was Cinderella Man, when Braddock finally breaks down and has to go pass the hat amongst the rich guys to keep the heat on for his family.  Cried a couple times watching Texas play with some fucking heart this season though.

• Like 1

Warrior. Brothers fighting at the end gets me every damn time. 

The end of Meet Joe Black

The Help. End of the movie when the little chubby girl is saying “no don’t go” through the window. Reminds me of someone I know

• Like 1

Hoosiers - When the pastor walks in front of the team before the championship game "And David picked up a rock and slung it..". Instant blubbering. My dad's from Indiana and I've heard him talk about the high school tourney all of my life.

Ratatouille - When the food critic eats the ratatouille and flashes back to his mom, making him his favorite meals. My mom died the year it was released and she was the greatest cook. My kids were 6 years old at the time and after that one viewing, I've never watched it again and I never will. It cut me to the bone.

Braveheart - The battle at the end, "They fought like warrior-poets".

Dirty Dozen

The Lion King - When Mufasa dies

The Accused - when Jodie Foster's character is being raped on the pinball machine.

Toy Story 3/Toy Story 2 - both have cry-worthy moments

Deliverance - when Ned Beatty's character is being raped.

Up - the beginning

Pulp Fiction - when Marsellus Wallace is being raped

Saving Private Ryan when you see Ted Danson's character (Danson normally wears a toupee, and it was amazing he skipped the toupee).

The Wild Bunch - When Pike and Dutch and the others are gunned down.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Accused - when Jodie Foster's character is being raped on the pinball machine.

Deliverance - when Ned Beatty's character is being raped.

Pulp Fiction - when Marsellus Wallace is being raped

rape in a movie makes you cry?  and man on man rape?