Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

Quinn suspended for 2 games for PEd's.

Defensive end Robert Quinn will definitely miss the first two regular-season games now.

The NFL has announced the veteran pass-rusher has been suspended for two games for a violation of the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Quinn had recently returned to Dallas to undergo surgery on a fractured left hand that he sustained in practice earlier this week.

While there were questions on Quinn’s availability for Week 1 before this news because of the injury, it’s likely Quinn should be fully healed when he comes back.

He is allowed to practice in training camp and even play in the preseason games, although it’s unlikely that is injury would allow him to participate.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/already-injured-quinn-gets-2-game-suspension

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Suuuuuuuuure. Seizures from going too hard on the roids. 

If it’s a doctor prescribed medicine, and it somehow shows up as a masking agent (which it did in this instance), then the NFLPA should be all over defending him for it.   Seizure medicines ain’t no joke. 

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

If it’s a doctor prescribed medicine, and it somehow shows up as a masking agent (which it did in this instance), then the NFLPA should be all over defending him for it.   Seizure medicines ain’t no joke. 

that's not what his agent is claiming though. 

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well I would assume we’re going to get a ton of 2nd wave, fox “nfl game of the week” games (as much if not more than any other team). So he’ll probably call our games as much or more than any other team lol. 

Daryl Johnston, the best sidekick commentator in the league, got demoted another couple of pegs yet again. He should just join the Cowboys broadcasts already. TV shit is getting more unbearable each year.

7 minutes ago, DougO said:

Daryl Johnston, the best sidekick commentator in the league, got demoted another couple of pegs yet again. He should just join the Cowboys broadcasts already. TV shit is getting more unbearable each year.

I'm not a huge fan of Moose in the booth but that might be because he's paired with that waterhead, Kenny Albert.

I don't think he's particularly good

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
34 minutes ago, DougO said:

I don't think he's particularly good

He's definitely way better than Aikman, one of the most boring in the league. When Moose and Goose were teamed up that was some good football viewing.

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, DougO said:

He's definitely way better than Aikman, one of the most boring in the league. When Moose and Goose were teamed up that was some good football viewing.

God damnit, no. 

It's a football game, we don't need that fat idiot bumbling around the sideline doing comedy bits and distracting from the game. It was a great day when Fox finally came to their senses and shitcanned that dude.

BTW, Moose is paired up with another dimwit this season...Chris Meyers. 

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

God damnit, no. 

It's a football game, we don't need that fat idiot bumbling around the sideline doing comedy bits and distracting from the game. It was a great day when Fox finally came to their senses and shitcanned that dude.

BTW, Moose is paired up with another dimwit this season...Chris Meyers. 

The networks have no clue, other than most viewers don't have a clue, either, so quality doesn't matter as much as image and star power. And Goose wasn't just a comedy bit. He actually contributed some really good observations. But the comedy bits were usually worth hearing, too. Aikman tries to be funny all the time, he just misses the mark when he does.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

shan.png

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

His passes where way off today 

dak and the cowboys are going to have a rough year.  I pray to god he’s too stupid to take jerry’s offer before the season.   after this season he’ll be getting backup pay.  

On 8/7/2019 at 10:11 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

It wouldn’t shock me at all if he ended up on the pats. I think futureman is actually kind of right on this one. We were overthinking Rico’s usage. Give the man 2 or 3 routes. Who gives a fuck if the defense knows he isn’t going to block. 

I'd be shocked if he ends up on their roster. NE often values football intelligence more than athleticism. Rico has shown he has no clue how to play the game of football. 

Dude couldn't even remember the play or his assignment multiple times. You think Brady's going to be okay with that level of dumbassery when he's trying to win his last SB? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DougO said:

The networks have no clue, other than most viewers don't have a clue, either, so quality doesn't matter as much as image and star power. And Goose wasn't just a comedy bit. He actually contributed some really good observations. But the comedy bits were usually worth hearing, too. Aikman tries to be funny all the time, he just misses the mark when he does.

We live on completely different planets, you and I. 

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Just going from what radio reports were saying 

It's medicine he's taken for a while so it doesn't flag. Their story is that the pharmacy, for some unknown and improbable reason, decided to taint his legit medicine with banned substances. 

That's some far-fetched grasping at the last straw desperation grade Cowboy level bullshit right there. 

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I'd be shocked if he ends up on their roster. NE often values football intelligence more than athleticism. Rico has shown he has no clue how to play the game of football. 

Dude couldn't even remember the play or his assignment multiple times. You think Brady's going to be okay with that level of dumbassery when he's trying to win his last SB? 

Brady just signed a 2 year extension. He could win more than one at this point.

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Brady just signed a 2 year extension. He could win more than one at this point.

Look at the structure of the extension. It's essentially a one year deal with annual team options after that. Not saying he's retiring or becoming a FA, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

And we all know the story, his supermodel wife has been wanting him to retire the last 2-3 years. He also put his Boston home up for sale. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

3 hours ago, DougO said:

speaking of having no clue, Aikman tries to be funny all the time? seriously, what the fuck?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

dak and the cowboys are going to have a rough year.  I pray to god he’s too stupid to take jerry’s offer before the season.   after this season he’ll be getting backup pay.  

If he really has a top 5 offer on the table (pretty sure the 5th highest qb contract is Matt Ryan at 30mil a year), it would be dumb for him to not take that right now. Especially if there’s even a slim chance that Zeke misses regular season games. I’ll give you that. I think Zeke plays, and if he does play, Dak will be fine, but that’s a good number for him. 

4 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

It's medicine he's taken for a while so it doesn't flag. Their story is that the pharmacy, for some unknown and improbable reason, decided to taint his legit medicine with banned substances. 

That's some far-fetched grasping at the last straw desperation grade Cowboy level bullshit right there. 

That definitely changes the tables 

48 minutes ago, Mossyhorn said:

10-6 sounds REALLY good to me right now. To do that, Lee has to stay healthy, Zeke must stay out of jail/trouble, & JJ needs to stay off the field (not happening).

I will believe it when I see it.

Lee doesn’t necessarily have to stay healthy.  He’s gonna get about 30% of defensive snaps as it is.   Maybe.  LVE and Jaylon must stay healthy though.   

50 minutes ago, Mossyhorn said:

10-6 sounds REALLY good to me right now. To do that, Lee has to stay healthy, Zeke must stay out of jail/trouble, & JJ needs to stay off the field (not happening).

I will believe it when I see it.

Well they went 10-6 last year. What is it that you need to see to believe?

Having a first place schedule in the NFC is going to make it tough for us. You never know how teams are going to be from year to year, but i think it’s safe to assume that the saints and the rams will be good next year. The bears might be good, but they had a TON of takeaways last year. That should regress this year. So now they have to assume that Mitch Trubisky is going to take the next step, and i think that’s a hell of an assumption. Also, being matched up with the AFC east is cool, but the NFC north could easily be the best division in football top to bottom. They’re in the discussion, at least.

As for tonight, what are we looking for? See what  qb can actually look competent? See if Brett Maher sucks? Matt Bryant, Dan Carpenter, Kai Forbath, and Nick Novak are sitting on their couch right now and neither have officially retired. For a team that plays in so many close games, why are we playing around with this shit?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

As for tonight, what are we looking for? See what  qb can actually look competent? See if Brett Maher sucks? Matt Bryant, Dan Carpenter, Kai Forbath, and Nick Novak are sitting on their couch right now and neither have officially retired. For a team that plays in so many close games, why are we playing around with this shit?

Honestly, only thing to look for tonight as far as I'm concerned is for Pollard to look like an absolute beast and explosive as hell to put maximum pressure on Zeke to report to camp without new contract. If that happens a couple of games in a row I think Zeke walks back from his ridiculous 2 year left on contract holdout. 

Only other thing to watch for is zero injuries. Other than that the game means zero for the season. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Phil Dawson might be talked into another year if it was his hometown team who asked.

Edited by conVINCEd

15 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Honestly, only thing to look for tonight as far as I'm concerned is for Pollard to look like an absolute beast and explosive as hell to put maximum pressure on Zeke to report to camp without new contract. If that happens a couple of games in a row I think Zeke walks back from his ridiculous 2 year left on contract holdout. 

Only other thing to watch for is zero injuries. Other than that the game means zero for the season. 

Good call on Pollard. I still don’t see any way in hell Zeke is actually dumb enough to miss games this year (maybe next year, but not this year), but it would be nice if Pollard showed some promise.