Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

you need to actually look at our schedule.  it’s a joke. 

I don’t know that I would call it a joke, but it’s definitely doable. But the eagles (for example) have an easier schedule than us because of the fact that they have a 2nd place schedule and we have a first place schedule. They get the panthers and the Seahawks. We get the saints and the rams. Other than that, the exact same schedule.

On 8/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

If he really has a top 5 offer on the table (pretty sure the 5th highest qb contract is Matt Ryan at 30mil a year), it would be dumb for him to not take that right now. Especially if there’s even a slim chance that Zeke misses regular season games. I’ll give you that. I think Zeke plays, and if he does play, Dak will be fine, but that’s a good number for him. 

Tell dak if he wants more, prove he’s worth more this season. 

28 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

For some reason direct tv stopped carrying fox in waco.  Oh well less babe Laufenberg which is fine.  He's the Lowell galindo/Ahmad brooks of dallas

Plug in an antenna and watch free tv for the poors. It works remarkably well.

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tell dak if he wants more, prove he’s worth more this season. 

That's how you get Flaccoed into giving him 40/yr if he has a great season. Both sides need to take a bit of a risk here. 

At the very least, Dak is the best available option for the next 3-4 years.  

12 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

That's how you get Flaccoed into giving him 40/yr if he has a great season. Both sides need to take a bit of a risk here. 

At the very least, Dak is the best available option for the next 3-4 years.  

Flacco was a super bowl MVP, and really kind of had a historic playoff run at that time. That was a very unique situation. I kinda feel like Dak needs to look at what’s going on around him in regards to contract situations, and accept his top 5 money deal. If we’re being realistic, how can we even think about paying Zeke if Dak’s deal isn’t done yet?

Also, god damnit. Are we getting the 49ers broadcast, or is that just my stream?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Flacco was a super bowl, and really kind of had a historic playoff run at that time. That was a very unique situation. I kinda feel like Dak needs to look at what’s going on around him in regards to contract situations, and accept his top 5 money deal. If we’re being realistic, how can we even think about paying Zeke if Dak’s deal isn’t done yet?

I could see Dak having a great playoff run this year. 

They only pay Zeke now because his extension really doesn't kick in for 2 years. His incentive to sign is a pile of cash now with the signing bonus and guaranteed money. For the Cowboys, they can structure the bonus and salary cap hit a lot better than 1-2 years from now when Jaylon, Dak, Amari and maybe Jones, have new deals. 

I used to love the NFL and the Cowboys and I do realize that this is the first preseason game, but this bullshit sucks.  Count me out.  I'll watch high school on Friday, the Horns on Saturday and college football replays on Sundays.  Goodell can suck my pecker and he will not get a dime I earned.  

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Not for markets airing the game. I’m in Belton, and for some reason, 44 doesn’t get picked up by my antenna.

I in the same area and I'm watching it on free air TV. Do an auto channel scan on your TV with antenna and it should pick up 44.

Edited by DougO

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hope Cedric Wilson can really make an impact and show some things.  It's early, very early, but Weber looks..... pedestrian.

I doubt Weber makes the team even if Zeke sits. I bet we keep 3 RBs. Either Zeke, Alf, and Pollard, or Alf, Pollard, and Darius Jackson/rb who isn’t on the team.

Edited by youdunnf'dup