Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

2 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Yeah, Jaws is the starter.  He's a stud. 

he’s an h back that can’t block for shit.  he had one good game and you think he’s a stud.  meanwhile we lose gathers because jason witten is too stupid for the booth.  rico is going to be a fucking monster in this league for someone else because that red headed retard wouldn’t throw him the ball.  I don’t give a shit what he can’t do; give him 3 routes and throw it to him 10x a game.  a smart coach is going to do exactly that while garrett-top takes one of the league’s best rosters to another average season.  this fuckin team...

About time they cut that waste of a draft pick. Years wasted marvelling at his height daydreaming about what a weapon he could be if he knew how to fucking play the game of football. I was tired of the bullshit around him last training camp. This isn't Madden 2020, this is the NFL, either he can play or he can't. 

3 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

About time they cut that waste of a draft pick. Years wasted marvelling at his height daydreaming about what a weapon he could be if he knew how to fucking play the game of football. I was tired of the bullshit around him last training camp. This isn't Madden 2020, this is the NFL, either he can play or he can't. 

if the patriots pick him up he has 15 tds in 2019

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke will not play this season without a deal. Reports saying they have competitive deals on the table for both Dak and Zeke. The deal for the Zeke is closer to Bell's contract and would make him the 2nd highest paid RB (behind Gurley). 

I know this is being reported today, but their camp has been saying that since the very beginning. I’m totally fine with not paying Dak this year, unless he proves that he’s leveled up as a qb. I’m still confused about how Zeke could even consider sitting out for the entire season though. Other than the game checks, it’s my understanding that he would still be in the 4th year of his contract if he sat out the entire year, defeating the whole purpose of all of this. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I know this is being reported today, but their camp has been saying that since the very beginning. I’m totally fine with not paying Dak this year, unless he proves that he’s leveled up as a qb. I’m still confused about how Zeke could even consider sitting out for the entire season though. Other than the game checks, it’s my understanding that he would still be in the 4th year of his contract if he sat out the entire year, defeating the whole purpose of all of this. 

And Dallas could fine him every single day he misses. But that is up to them if they want to do that. They don't have to.

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke will not play this season without a deal. Reports saying they have competitive deals on the table for both Dak and Zeke. The deal for the Zeke is closer to Bell's contract and would make him the 2nd highest paid RB (behind Gurley). 

Just got a message from the DMN that Amari also has an offer. 

• Like 1

Zeke has the best argument to be the top paid at his position, but the nature of the position means it should not be crazy high. Cooper is second closest but top 5 money is fair, maybe get to top 3 by counteroffer. Dak has the weakest argument but the QB market has lost its goddamned mind so who knows what the offer is or should be. Hopefully each will take into account the fact that all three will sign and stay together for a while which is a big plus even if it means leaving a few dollars on the table. If all are top 5 or top 3 even for their positions they are doing pretty damn good.

Amari is clearly waiting on Julio to sign before counter offering. He doesn’t seem like someone we’re worried about.

When we say we offered Zeke top 5 rb money, I’d love to know what that number actually is. Because that doesn’t mean shit to me. Pretty sure that number will be leaked by one side or the other depending on whether or not it’s a reasonable offer or a lowball offer. I know Zeke has to be thinking Gurleys contract is the floor, but they’ve already said they want to reset the rb market because they think that contract is stupid. I don’t think Zeke (or more importantly is agent) is dumb enough to make this dumb enough to go into the season, but who the fuck knows.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Zeke has the best argument to be the top paid at his position, but the nature of the position means it should not be crazy high. Cooper is second closest but top 5 money is fair, maybe get to top 3 by counteroffer. Dak has the weakest argument but the QB market has lost its goddamned mind so who knows what the offer is or should be. Hopefully each will take into account the fact that all three will sign and stay together for a while which is a big plus even if it means leaving a few dollars on the table. If all are top 5 or top 3 even for their positions they are doing pretty damn good.

Dak is a 14th best quarterback in the league so if you factor in the age of some of the quarterback contracts he really should get about seventh or eighth quarterback money right now. 

Zeke is the best pure running back in the league, but pure running back doesn't mean dick anymore. You need your running back to be able to motion into the slot from 11 personnel and torch the linebacker down the field for massive gains. That forces teams to come out in nickel or dime against your base 11 personnel and then you can run the ball down their fucking throat because they're so light. Unfortunately there's no indication that Zeke can do that so honestly I tell him you're playing the last year or two or sitting out it doesn't fucking matter we're not signing you. Then look to draft a running back who can do that if you haven't already. 

Cooper isn't a top 10 receiver but he's probably around 12 or 13 so he should get about number 6 or 5 money. 

They're going to have to overpay to keep Dak and Cooper but they're necessary. On Zeke I would wait the preseason and see if one of the running backs they drafted can fit that Kamara or Bell mold you need. If they look like they can then tell Zeke to pound sand. 

Cooper isn’t top 10 (although that’s debatable), but he really is borderline perfect for Dak. He isn’t the type to chirp/bicker all game if he isn’t getting the ball, he’s a solid deep threat, great route runner, younger than Dak. I’m the most confident in giving him top 5 money. He’s so important to this offense, and he’s barely entering his prime. 

I too, am wondering why offering them Top 5 type money isn't, at the very least, drawing more discourse from the opposing sides.

I know Amari has no care in the world.  Really seems like his side will wait until they're good and ready.  But Dak/Zeke's camp want to get paid.

Is there any info on how Pollard has looked? Is he taking the starting RB reps? I haven't watched a Cowboys preseason game since 2007 but this whole Zeke thing and the intrigue of Pollard might make me tune in for a quarter. If he balls out in preseason and Moore shows he can use him in the passing game then that changes everything. Pay Zeke 14 mil a year or pay this guy a few hundred thousand a year for the next few years? It'll get interesting if he looks great all preseason. 

12 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Is there any info on how Pollard has looked? Is he taking the starting RB reps? I haven't watched a Cowboys preseason game since 2007 but this whole Zeke thing and the intrigue of Pollard might make me tune in for a quarter. If he balls out in preseason and Moore shows he can use him in the passing game then that changes everything. Pay Zeke 14 mil a year or pay this guy a few hundred thousand a year for the next few years? It'll get interesting if he looks great all preseason. 

Last I heard is he's not being used as a primary back.  More of a change of pace guy and he needs to work on his pass protection. 

Reports of Weber have been positive. I also saw Darius Jackson get drilled by Jaylon and keep his balance. 

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It wouldn’t shock me at all if he ended up on the pats. I think futureman is actually kind of right on this one. We were overthinking Rico’s usage. Give the man 2 or 3 routes. Who gives a fuck if the defense knows he isn’t going to block. 

Yep.  He should’ve been lining up in the slot  and running drags, posts, corners and seams.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It wouldn’t shock me at all if he ended up on the pats. I think futureman is actually kind of right on this one. We were overthinking Rico’s usage. Give the man 2 or 3 routes. Who gives a fuck if the defense knows he isn’t going to block. 

10 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Yep.  He should’ve been lining up in the slot  and running drags, posts, corners and seams.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12985913

30 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well I would assume we’re going to get a ton of 2nd wave, fox “nfl game of the week” games (as much if not more than any other team). So he’ll probably call our games as much or more than any other team lol. 

And the days go by

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

How many games will we get joe fuck announcing this year?

the less the better.

Week 1 - 3:25 fox - JOE FUCK

Week 2 - noon fox

Week 3 - noon fox

Week 4 - 7:20 nbc

Week 5 - 3:25 fox - JOE FUCK

Week 6 - 3:25 CBS

Week 7 - 7:20 nbc

Week 9 - monday

Week 10 - 7:20 nbc

Week 11 - noon fox

Week 12 - 3:25 fox - JOE FUCK

Week 13 - Thanksgiving cbs

Week 14 - Thursday fox - JOE FUCK

Week 15 - 3:25 fox - JOE FUCK

Week 16 - 3:25 fox - JOE FUCK

Week 17 - noon fox

Your Christmas season is going to suck balls it seems. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Week 2 - noon fox

Week 3 - noon fox

Week 9 - monday

Week 11 - noon fox

Week 17 - noon fox

Wait, but that means we get Troy all those games too?  Seems like a wash. 

30 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I hate 325 kicks and I hate night games.  MNF hasn't been the same since I was a kid. 

Play em all at 12 

I like the 3:25 games and the primetime games because of fantasy football. Since most of the games are at noon, i can focus on fantasy football early, and focus on the cowboys later. But that’s just me. 

I like the 3:25 games and the primetime games because of fantasy football. Since most of the games are at noon, i can focus on fantasy football early, and focus on the cowboys later. But that’s just me. 
Wait so you dont just draft all Cowboys...am i doing it wrong

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Week 2 - noon fox

Week 3 - noon fox

Week 9 - monday

Week 11 - noon fox

Week 17 - noon fox

Thanks for the analysis.

all cowboy fans should hate that little shit buck. I always drop an F bomb when I see he’s announcing our games. 

My favorite is Sunday night football.

Edited by Voldemort86