Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

39 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Sadie's brain tumor diagnosis was confirmed, vet says I might get 2-3 more good life months with her, but even that is probably too long of an estimate.

She's had a bump on her face that I was going to have the vet remove 2 weeks ago- but that was before Sadie had the neuro breakdown.   the damn thing was pretty small. in 2 weeks its now grown the size of penny. its bleeding and getting bigger.  No real solution to that because putting Sadie under to take it off would probably kill her anyway. 

so If we are lucky, we can have 2-3 more weeks together before her quality of life fails. We've been together for 12 years. 

53023282403_1fd6b39eae.jpg

I am not doing well. 

Sorry man.  Give her all the love.  

Ugh that is heartbreaking. But it’s so good to know she’s had 12 great years with you.

The rescue service has had no luck so far finding a new home for our little snoofus. Shelters are packed the gills because of all the people who got dogs during Covid and then decided they didn’t want them. He got some good play time this weekend.

ff0732f1e2a88a084633110c603e145b.jpg
59b59757d0201fdf3d0980fa584c8c17.jpg

• Hook 'Em 8

4 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Sadie's brain tumor diagnosis was confirmed, vet says I might get 2-3 more good life months with her, but even that is probably too long of an estimate.

She's had a bump on her face that I was going to have the vet remove 2 weeks ago- but that was before Sadie had the neuro breakdown.   the damn thing was pretty small. in 2 weeks its now grown the size of penny. its bleeding and getting bigger.  No real solution to that because putting Sadie under to take it off would probably kill her anyway. 

so If we are lucky, we can have 2-3 more weeks together before her quality of life fails. We've been together for 12 years. 

I am not doing well. 

Sadie gets tenderloin for the next few weeks. Gotta go wipe the dust out of my eyes now.  Good doggo Sadie-AUS-97HORN good dog owner.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Ugh that is heartbreaking. But it’s so good to know she’s had 12 great years with you.

The rescue service has had no luck so far finding a new home for our little snoofus. Shelters are packed the gills because of all the people who got dogs during Covid and then decided they didn’t want them. He got some good play time this weekend.

ff0732f1e2a88a084633110c603e145b.jpg
59b59757d0201fdf3d0980fa584c8c17.jpg

Remind me why you are rehoming him? Was he the bitey one?

6 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am not doing well. 

So sorry. What a sweet, beautiful girl. All the best during this tough time🤘❤️

dogs are magical, and Sadie is clearly no exception  

• Hook 'Em 1

Never tried to bite you, though? Just friends and family? You in Austin? Does he bite or attack other dogs, or just people? 

If it helps to have him out of the house while you look for a permanent home, I might be willing to help out. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Blue is such a weird dog. When I go to bed, she gets on the farthest part of the bed from me. If I try to pet her, she gets all shitty about it. Then I wake up in the middle of the night and she's curled around my head. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Blue is such a weird dog. When I go to bed, she gets on the farthest part of the bed from me. If I try to pet her, she gets all shitty about it. Then I wake up in the middle of the night and she's curled around my head. 

I deal with that with Sucre. When the Fiancé is over, all good, he sleeps and is cool. When just me, he curls on the bottom, yet wakes me up lying on the pillows. Little fucker likes her more I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Never tried to bite you, though? Just friends and family? You in Austin? Does he bite or attack other dogs, or just people? 
If it helps to have him out of the house while you look for a permanent home, I might be willing to help out. 

That’s extremely kind but no, I’m in Atlanta. And no he never tried to bite me. I’m his favorite human for sure.

He loves other dogs.

6a3f25c5692ab8125d3d5d4d6f3ca9fa.png
  • Hook 'Em 3

since the original thread on the previous site, this has been my favorite thread.  i loved participating.
but the last 3 weeks have been gutwrenching everytime I see a response.  The waterworks start almost immediately.

all I can say is Sadie is still active, follows me everytime i move around the house, she eats with gusto, and  so far, shes not telling me its time. 
53096313873_e048535b43_z.jpg

I am also worried about her sister.
Got Chloe as a 10 week old puppy 5 years ago (literally the sunday after the ou game) Chloe has had her big sister there basically her whole life, and I know shes not going to do well being an only dog.  and I dont have the energy right now to even contemplate replacing my best friend. 
53140212070_5d2b91bd2e.jpg

Our last dog was a only dog the last two years. He had been bonded closely with our other. They had to sleep touching and fretted if even in different rooms. We worried about it.

Never phased him. He was like “you mean I get all the attention and all the food? I’m good!”

Sorry you’re facing this.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Tried to convince my fiancé we should meet the pup. Got a firm fuck off, that will eat our other dogs. 

I love Shepherds and she looks quite pretty. Plus sucre needs a running buddy that can keep up with him. 

What is the story @Biff Tannen  I WOULD LOVE TO GET THAT DOG. 

Getting details, but the first one may have been adopted today. She apparently has a brother though. Waiting to hear back. 

IMG_6703.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

Had the weirdest play date for our dogs today.  A friend of our has a male lab, who at 6 months old already is pushing 65 lbs (not fat).  He (Leo) and our dogs were going to have a trip to the dog park.  But before the left, my wife brought Gracie (the Schnoodle) back and said it was too much to deal with.  So my son took her for a walk around the block.  Meanwhile, while everyone was out of the car for a split second, Leo gets into the front seat and steps on the lock button.  So now he's locked in, and mom's spare keys are about a 45 minute drive away (it's 103 degrees outside).  So we're looking for a slim=jim to pop the door, can't find it; pop-a-lock dudes are no help.  I finally grab a hammer  and go nuts on this small glass panel on the front window that will give me access to the electric door lock, but no joy.  I took a hammer to it, I took one of those window buster tools to it, nothing.  We finally called the fire department and told them we had a dog in a hot car; they were there in four minutes and everyone loved Leo up when he was out. 

So the play date switched to the back yard.  And funnily enough, Maybe was freaked out by Leo and his giant balls, but Gracie, who seems to be ready for an argument with every dog and car she sees couldn't get enough of him.  It was fun, but not what I expected.

Also, good girl, Sadie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Did I mention dogs are awesome?  Because they are. 

Charli and Cooper are my in-laws dogs and they fucking love me and my daughters. Despite my youngest jumping and hanging all over them constantly, they are patient and gentle and waggy tailed as can be. A great pair of puppers. 

IMG_6482.jpeg

IMG_6483.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Had the weirdest play date for our dogs today.  A friend of our has a male lab, who at 6 months old already is pushing 65 lbs (not fat).  He (Leo) and our dogs were going to have a trip to the dog park.  But before the left, my wife brought Gracie (the Schnoodle) back and said it was too much to deal with.  So my son took her for a walk around the block.  Meanwhile, while everyone was out of the car for a split second, Leo gets into the front seat and steps on the lock button.  So now he's locked in, and mom's spare keys are about a 45 minute drive away (it's 103 degrees outside).  So we're looking for a slim=jim to pop the door, can't find it; pop-a-lock dudes are no help.  I finally grab a hammer  and go nuts on this small glass panel on the front window that will give me access to the electric door lock, but no joy.  I took a hammer to it, I took one of those window buster tools to it, nothing.  We finally called the fire department and told them we had a dog in a hot car; they were there in four minutes and everyone loved Leo up when he was out. 

So the play date switched to the back yard.  And funnily enough, Maybe was freaked out by Leo and his giant balls, but Gracie, who seems to be ready for an argument with every dog and car she sees couldn't get enough of him.  It was fun, but not what I expected.

Also, good girl, Sadie.

Damn. Glad it ended well. You have bullet proof glass or what?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Damn. Glad it ended well. You have bullet proof glass or what?

Wasn't my car.  It was a Toyota minivan, and I was trying to bust out the little window on the front door (think smoker window that doesn't open).  Would have gone for the big window if I had to, but was trying to do the least damage I could.  We had two cop cars and a full fire truck show up fast when they found out there was a dog locked int the car.  They rocked.

And yes, I tried calling the dog back up front and getting him to unlock the door.  But he couldn't repeat the magic.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

Lucky the cops didn’t shoot your dog. 

I joked that my wife had roped us into one of those block party hosting things and that's why they showed up so quickly.  Every cop and fire fighter who showed up took turns loving on old Leo before they left.  Maybe they thought the name was an acronym?  Anyway, I was glad they did the good thing and not the bad thing for once.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Spent 20 minutes this evening replacing the PCV valve in my car. Walked back inside when I was done to Blue being so excited that she was crab walking around the living room. 

Dogs are the best. 

Working late. Got two on my feet and one running around being a dumbass. Yeah that is the puppy and I owe pictures. 

• Hook 'Em 1