Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Low protein levels and he is shitting all the time and occasionally puking. He is having a good day today since I picked him up at lunch from his tests. We should know on Monday. 
My dog had similar last year, turned out to be a gall bladder problem that cleared up with some medicine.

7 hours ago, elfenix said:
On 11/21/2018 at 5:52 PM, Clintonaldo said:
Low protein levels and he is shitting all the time and occasionally puking. He is having a good day today since I picked him up at lunch from his tests. We should know on Monday. 

My dog had similar last year, turned out to be a gall bladder problem that cleared up with some medicine.

He seems to be doing better so I hope thats it. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I like the snow and respectfully decline your invitation to come inside. 

Or

im a pyr, suck my dick. 

8f30e17fc9923e81dea1d879c69eefa6.jpg

The dog in my avatar was a Pyrenees/Bernese mix and holy shit, did he love the snow.  Once it was cold outside (sub-zero) and a neighbor knocked on the door to tell my wife she was a bad dog mom because our dog was outside in that weather.  Wife's response was that if the woman could convince him to come inside, she was welcome to do so.

4 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Is it worth purchasing dog insurance ? I know it wouldn’t cover Dobbs’s current issues but after $1,800 in fees this month with more money to spend I am considering it. School me on it. 

I think those policies are as limited as dental insurance policies, with low annual limits that don’t cover much if there’s a big ticket item. 

But I haven’t looked into m a while. 

Some home/ auto companies offer “free” or steeply discounted pet insurance as a perk of being their customer for home/auto so maybe that’s an option if you don’t care who covers your stuff and can get similar premiums. 

Banfield has several levels of protection but you have to have treatment at a banfield facility. 

Does your vet have their own in house plan?

On 11/29/2018 at 6:29 AM, Bert Orange said:

Bailey ate another fucking sock last night that fell out of my wife’s arms on a laundry haul. Like split second she was on it like a fly on shit. Wife couldn’t get it from her before she wolfed it down. First sock she threw up. This one still in there. Getting concerned. 

Damn Laundrydoodle

Blue ate a rubber glove last night. Immediately gave her two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide. She then went out and vomited for 30 minutes. Glove came up, thankfully.

Dobbs doesn’t have kidney issues which is good so they think it is intestinal. His protein levels are still low so we are going to keep him on his soft food diet for a month and take him back and check. If protein levels are low in a month they might do a biopsy on his lower intestine. He has gained all of his weight back and his color is now back and he appears happy. 

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 12:15 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

I like the snow and respectfully decline your invitation to come inside. 

Or

im a pyr, suck my dick. 

8f30e17fc9923e81dea1d879c69eefa6.jpg

My dog is a Malamute and likes the cold. He hates being outside by himself though. He hates it even more if it’s wet out. 

Take Chuy to a neighbors house now that Ski is gone and I'm at work. She chills with their chocolate lab Bella. Yesterday I put Chuy in their backyard, I didnt see anyone outside, no Bella, but figured I got to get going, "be cool, Chuy, bye". Texted the neighbor that Chuy was in their yard, they reply back that they cant find her. Matter of minutes, Chuy tunneled out of their yard and they found Chuy tunneling back into my yard, or more appropriately, Chuys yard.

She misses Ski, I can tell and she was the closest any dog ever got to him, he did not like other dogs, but he tolerated Chuy.

Anyways, all good. Here's Chuy not wanting to leave my tailgate

8bc18c23efb0d6bfa79c86cf8905b0ba.jpg

• Like 4

Blue obviously is not feeling the effects of her liver shunt. She likes to jump up and rip the branches off some young trees in the back yard. Walked outside, and she had decided to go for bigger "prey." I found her hanging from a low branch on one of the larger trees, branch firmly in the grasp of her jaws.

• Like 1