Texas and A&M Presidents support renewing the rivalry

11 hours ago, housious said:

Of course it doesn't. At all. Ever. Aggy gonna aggy.

I want to see the game. 

You clearly have aggy relatives. People with aggy relatives are the ones who always reminisce about the game and want to resume playing it. 

I remember how they repaid our kindness in 1999 after they killed 12 of their own. I remember what they did before and after they left the Big 12 to undermine the conference and try to harm Texas. Fuck them. 

• Like 2

Remember our last halftime show at Pyle field? The Longhorn band showed class with a well done “Thanks for the Memoeries” theme, then the jackboot corpse band proudly strutted their penis-envy “saw ‘em off” crap formation to the delight of their mindless group think lemming followers. Assholes there didn’t have a clue.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 5

Do any of you miss this game?  Since I really got into Texas football in about '89, the aggy game was one of the highlights of the season for me in '90 (28-27), '95 (16-6), and 27-25.  Every other year of that span, we were either really good and beating them as we should or they were winning against one of our worse teams.  In the era of the Big 12, the game seemed like it never had any stakes for a conference title let alone national title.  I'd rather we kept that open to play lesser P5 teams to go along with the marquis non conference games.  A bowl game would be cool.  

I don’t miss playing them. 

I hate the motherfuckers and am glad they left.  They did everyone a favor. I hate their idiotic whooping, dog worshipping, and false sense of fan superiority when they lie,steal, and cheat at basicly every chance they get while reminding you of their beloved worthless code.

Roughly half of my in-laws are aggy, and nope, I still don’t want to play A&M.  

“It’s not if, but when,” Del Conte said. “Playing A&M is great for the state. Rival games are important for college football. Notre Dame should play USC. Georgia should play Georgia Tech. Alabama should play Auburn. Pittsburgh should play West Virginia.”

https://www.statesman.com/sports/20190121/goldens-nuggets-del-conte-longhorns-aggies-game-not-if-but-when

Beating them 4 out of 5 years wouldn’t even provide the satisfaction needed to comfort the 1 loss because they never remember their losses long enough to stop with their delusions of grandeur.

I have an aggy friend who responded to my joking that a surprisingly easy win they had indicated that they were either that good or that the opponent was that bad. Of course, his response was, “We’re that good.” This was on the heels of numerous disappointing seasons. Typical aggy lack of self-awareness was alive and well.

We’re barely over .500 against OU in my lifetime, and all I want is to die at .501. Being 1.000 against aggy won’t shut them up, so what’s the point?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

13 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Beating them 4 out of 5 years wouldn’t even provide the satisfaction needed to comfort the 1 loss because they never remember their losses long enough to stop with their delusions of grandeur.

I have an aggy friend who responded to my joking that a surprisingly easy win they had indicated that they were either that good or that the opponent was that bad. Of course, his response was, “We’re that good.” This was on the heels of numerous disappointing seasons. Typical aggy lack of self-awareness was alive and well.

We’re barely over .500 against OU in my lifetime, and all I want is to die at .501. Being 1.000 against aggy won’t shut them up, so what’s the point?

We DID beat them 4 out of 5 when aggy wasn't cheating so blatantly that they used Fedex as their bagman.

I don't understand the folks longing for that cold sore back after it cleared up on its own.

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Remember our last halftime show at Pyle field? The Longhorn band showed class with a well done “Thanks for the Memoeries” theme, then the jackboot corpse band proudly strutted their penis-envy “saw ‘em off” crap formation to the delight of their mindless group think lemming followers. Assholes there didn’t have a clue.

We weren't going to end the rivalry over 1999, but there was definite relief when it ended on its own. They should commemorate their fucking asshole behavior from that year right along w/making martyrs out of the 12 kids their dumbass culture killed.

1999 was when I personally checked out of the rivalry, that is for sure. I found it upsetting how a faction of their fanbase made the tragic deaths of those kids all about themselves and their desire to win football games. I was also a bit annoyed how some of our fans were being dicks (though I was proud that UT as an institution reacted as well as one could under the circumstances). That game should never have been played. The whole thing was a very unpleasant and painful experience. 

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

1999 was when I personally checked out of the rivalry, that is for sure. I found it upsetting how a faction of their fanbase made the tragic deaths of those kids all about themselves and their desire to win football games. I was also a bit annoyed how some of our fans were being dicks (though I was proud that UT as an institution reacted as well as one could under the circumstances). That game should never have been played. The whole thing was a very unpleasant and painful experience. 

What sickened me then and sickens me now is, they treated the whole thing like it was a game. Like it was a movie. Like of course the movie ends with the Good Guys beating the Bad Guys in the Big Game. You had the John Lopezes of the world treating it like it was "poetic" that A&M won the game, and in comeback fashion!!!! showing that Aggies are never licked! That it was some kind of testament to the Aggie Spirit that they were able to overcome the tragedy they'd self-imposed and only had to overcome because they were too myopic to cancel the game.

If you have a neighbor who's always playing with guns but leaves them loaded and with the safety off, and the stupid sonofabitch shoots a hole in his foot, I think you'd probably tell him "hey, let's skip the Fun Run this weekend and get you to a hospital, and maybe the guns need to be kept unloaded and safety locked just in case." No, instead we had to listen to the media tell us IT IS INCREDIBLY COURAGEOUS THE WAY HE'S COMPETING IN THIS FUN RUN DESPITE THE HARDSHIP HE'S SUFFERED. And worse yet, we got dysentery and the motherfucker beat us in the race.

• Like 2

this stupid story is still on the front page of espn.

what would it take to rid us of espn, the so-called statesman, and both presidents?  i'm sure the ags are as sick of this boomerang story as we are.  if we can't get rid of fenves, maybe they can get rid of their bozo.  it takes two to circle-jerk.

8 hours ago, Bojack said:

Do any of you miss this game?  

I do.  Losing to them was the worst, winning was awesome.  That's what sports should be about.  It should cost something.  Ecstasy and agony and all that.  CDC is right, rivalries are good for the sport.

That said, it's not going to happen because the cowards won't give up one of their 3 annual games against high school teams to keep them bowl eligible.  They'd rather yip like a little dog behind a closed door without fear of it opening up.

Edited by Scholz
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 11:09 PM, Magus Ossis said:

Aggy pres may want to talk to his AD. There was an offer to play on the table pretty recently. It was a mistake to offer, except for the fact that it helped expose them as lying cowards.

We need to wait another 10-15 years.  The 60s aggys will be too old and the students under 40 will have no history of aggy nonsense regarding Texas.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:17 AM, TexArcher said:

Aggy is Texas Tech with a god complex.

We already have a Texas Tech without a god complex.

Wait, you're telling me we coulda played those weirdos the last two years instead of USC?  Oooooh, no thanks.  Fuck off.

Not exactly.  Texas Tech won more games while both were in the Big 12.  They won 10 more over the last 10 years and 5 more overall.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:50 AM, MAGS® said:

I know I'm in the minority on this and will get hit with neg rep, but no shits given....  I want to play them again yearly.   They are insufferable twits that need to be put back in their place yearly by us.   At the moment, they run their mouth and we are left to bama and lsu to do our job for us.   

They are insufferable 48 weeks a year.  They run and hide the month after the game, but then they come back.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:48 AM, sushihorn said:

It's never been a rivalry in any real sense.  We hated them because they were weird and cult-like, not because of anything they'd accomplished in football terms.  For us the game was just another weekend with the chance to laugh at backwoods idiots.  For them it was their Superbowl, jihad and Pride Week parade all rolled up into one.  Their jizz jar filling and human sacrifice rituals culminated in an orgy of hate and envy.  Of course for them the outcome was usually a denied orgasm that built up their humiliation and frustration to even great heights.

Playing them now does nothing for us.  We are already scheduling better teams from their new conference and elsewhere.  The future non-conference schedule already is loaded with a who's who of elite programs. Let aggy grind their teeth and choke on the bitter dust of their dreams - just as they have for generations.  Actions have consequences.  Let them contemplate that reality without any outlet for the tradition of burning envy for the dominant school in the great State of Texas.

It probably was in the 50s and before.

12 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

right along w/making martyrs out of the 12 kids their dumbass culture killed.

Didn’t you hear? 

The aggy faithful renounced them after their families’ multi-million dolla judgment and fervent demand that their little brush fire end.

Edited by Doc Reeves

4 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

People are so full of shit. If you didn't care you wouldn't be reading this.

Who exactly are you arguing with?  Speaking for myself, I feel STRONGLY that we should not play those idiots anytime soon.  I haven't seen many rational, objective reasons to play them.  Most of them boil down to "I want to see the game" or "I want to shut them up" - neither of which addresses the long-term interests of The University and the football program. 

We already played mid-tier P5 teams and aren't being rewarded for it so we are moving away from that model.  Other than Arkansas in the delayed return game, there are zero such teams on the schedule for the future so no room for aggy.  It's going to be 2 G5s and a marquee match up: LSU, Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio St as far as the eye can see.  Again, no room for aggy.  A game with them holds no upside for Texas, which is why we are not scheduling aggy or Maryland level programs now.  Then you add on the hate, penis envy and weirdness and it becomes even less appealing from a cost-benefit perspective.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

you're half right

Beat me to it.

Beating OU is like having a fine steak dinner with all the trimmings and the best wine.

Beating aggy is like having a Girl Scout cookie. Yeah, you like it, but it’s nothing to write home about. 

Losing to OU is like being told the aforementioned steak dinner is canceled and you’re getting a Little Caesar’s pizza instead.

Losing to aggy is like being told “no Girl Scout cookies, you’re getting the bubonic plague instead.”

That clear enough?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

You clearly have aggy relatives. People with aggy relatives are the ones who always reminisce about the game and want to resume playing it. 

I remember how they repaid our kindness in 1999 after they killed 12 of their own. I remember what they did before and after they left the Big 12 to undermine the conference and try to harm Texas. Fuck them. 

I have aggy relatives that I love.  But fuck that school with a red hot poker.  Never schedule them, at least not in the next 93 years.  

8 hours ago, housious said:

Exactly. Everyone on this board cares. 90% are somehow afraid to admit it.

I do care...

and hope we never fucking play them in the regular season again.

3 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Who exactly are you arguing with?  Speaking for myself, I feel STRONGLY that we should not play those idiots anytime soon.  I haven't seen many rational, objective reasons to play them.  Most of them boil down to "I want to see the game" or "I want to shut them up" - neither of which addresses the long-term interests of The University and the football program. 

We already played mid-tier P5 teams and aren't being rewarded for it so we are moving away from that model.  Other than Arkansas in the delayed return game, there are zero such teams on the schedule for the future so no room for aggy.  It's going to be 2 G5s and a marquee match up: LSU, Bama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio St as far as the eye can see.  Again, no room for aggy.  A game with them holds no upside for Texas, which is why we are not scheduling aggy or Maryland level programs now.  Then you add on the hate, penis envy and weirdness and it becomes even less appealing from a cost-benefit perspective.

The closest you're ever going to come to 'shutting them up' is right fucking now.

i just can't fathom having a reason to be in the same vicinity as aggy...it was good banter in college, it was all fresh to me. years later, i just can't have any desire to be anywhere near one and the little brother, victim mentality

for the most part, they are insufferable..